It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of ACLU quits after daughters were ‘visibly frightened’ by men in women’s restroom.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well in that case Mr. Attitude...thank God that you won't be deciding whom my teenage daughters have to share a shower with or a sauna. Thank God there are people who at least try to find a fair and equal solution instead of f'ing over people just to claim victory.
Thank God there are still ppl with common sense including the head of aclu in Georgia. Take That Progressives!!!!

Then they just hate on her and say she wasn't a "real progressive" right here in this thread. It astounds me. When a female black ACLU Lawyer like Trifecta Perfecta of the Liberal Ideal disagrees with them on ONE issue suddenly she's a traitor to their cause. Who knows how many free speech cases she fought for the left for years and years. But no, she is automatically a bigot in their eyes. If she's not good enough for the left, none of us normal people EVER will be.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
FACTS: COLLEEN FRANCIS

Here’s what may not have not heard: The sauna area was off limits to the two teens.

Unless one specifically tries to see inside the sauna, you can’t view the people inside the sauna.

Colleen Francis AND her cisgender female friend were using the sauna together. They were sitting there talking. At no point did Francis act to expose herself to children. At no point was Francis walking around nude in the area where children were. So, the actual story is that two 17 year olds went into an area they weren’t allowed, attempted to view the people in the sauna and saw Francis. The rest of what you’ve probably heard about this incident is, at this point, an urban myth.
quote]
Here’s the nugget of truth to the story: two teens did claim to see Colleen Francis nude while in the Evergreen College sauna.

Here’s what may not have not heard: The sauna area was off limits to the two teens.

Unless one specifically tries to see inside the sauna, you can’t view the people inside the sauna.

Colleen Francis AND her cisgender female friend were using the sauna together. They were sitting there talking. At no point did Francis act to expose herself to children. At no point was Francis walking around nude in the area where children were. So, the actual story is that two 17 year olds went into an area they weren’t allowed, attempted to view the people in the sauna and saw Francis. The rest of what you’ve probably heard about this incident is, at this point, an urban myth.

www.transadvocate.com...

Hmmm I did not know that. So I guess he wasn't just strutting around scratching his sack like I had assumed lol.
edit on 5-6-2016 by LordDraconia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Freija

How about you try to understand the difference between race and gender identity? Two completely different topics?
and by the by, and once again, it was democrats who wanted to keep people segregated on the basis of race. So you are going off a tangent.

A white woman is not going to have a penis just for being white, and neither is a black woman. This is not an issue of segregation based on race, it is an issue that women do have a right to have a safe space when they use the restroom, or locker rooms.

The majority of women shouldn't have to be forced to deal with having men in their bathroom because 0.3% of the population, which are about 964,256 people want to, when about 1 in 3 women out of 163,280,761 women in the U.S. which makes it about 54,426,920 women have been sexually assaulted by men.

Those 54 million women have no rights though don't you see? They are second class citizens to the 962 thousand transgendered people because we need to put them on a pedestal to show how great and liberal an progressive we are. Never mind that most of them probably don't want to be on that pedestal. First you have to let transgendered men in the bathroom with female kids. Then soon you'll need a cat box for the trans-species lady who thinks she was born a cat. Reminds of a nearly clairvoyant South Park episode sometimes I wonder if everything in that show isn't going to all come true at this rate.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LordDraconia

Why is it only the conservative women are so traumatized? The more liberal states and cities have passed these non-discrimination laws for years now, and I haven't heard about women there running out of the bathrooms screaming in horror at having to look at a transgender person washing their hands.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

When a female black ACLU Lawyer like Trifecta Perfecta of the Liberal Ideal disagrees with them on ONE issue suddenly she's a traitor to their cause.

Not a traitor to the cause - just unclear on the concept

Except she's not - so this latest move is baffling

She's been involved in a lot of controversial stories because, you know - it's the ACLU

Do you think that because she's black, a woman, and a member of the ACLU, somehow her opinion on this is somehow more important than other opinions? I'm sure Fox does - and it seems so many of the other right leaning media outlets do too

When confronted with her own feelings of discomfort - she did the normal thing and said she was afraid. Then she discarded everything she stood for

It's natural to fear other people. This is why the ACLU is necessary

What I think is interesting about this story is that nowhere does she say these transgendered individuals actually did anything to make her afraid - she was just afraid
edit on 6/5/2016 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You quoted some pdf from some class at a university that confused cross-dressers (transvestism, a fetish or in some cases a paraphilia) with gender identity.

You know that is not true.

When you post something you know isn't true, that's called a lie.

Tsk, tsk, you obviously don't even know the truth...

This from a transgender website btw...

Frequently Asked Questions
Are transgender people the same as gay/lesbian people?

No. Transgender is about gender identity and gender expression where as gay, lesbian, bisexual, and heterosexual/straight is about sexual orientation, which is emotional and physical attraction to others.
While transgender people are sometimes assumed to be gay or lesbian based on stereotypes about gay men and lesbians, the terms are not interchangeable. Transgender people also have a sexual orientation, just as everyone else in society, which can be heterosexual (straight), bisexual, or gay or lesbian.

www.transpeoplespeak.org...

You are confusing gender identity with sexual orientation, they are not mutually inclusive. Just because a person sees himself as "a woman inside" doesn't mean that person is attracted to men.

Cross-dressers are transgender.

What is a Crossdresser?

"Crossdresser", "Transvestite" or "Transgendered Person" are terms used to describe a person who regularly takes on the appearance of the opposite sex in order to satisfy a deep personal need.

We use and prefer the term "Crossdresser" as it is less limited and coloured by common usage.

Above all, however, a Crossdresser is a real person.

www.gendercentre.org.au...

Here, from another transgender website...

A crossdresser is someone who enjoys dressing as a member of the gender "opposite" from their birth gender, but has no desire to change their sex permanently. Crossdressing is one form of being transgendered.

This information is provided by:

The International Foundation for Gender Education
a 501(c)3 non-profit organization serving the transgender community
P.O.Box 229, Waltham, MA 02454-0229
Tel:781-899-2212 Fax:781-899-5703
E-Mail: [email protected]

www.ifge.org...

So, again my statement stands as the truth, the large majority of transgender people are attracted to women because the largest subgroup of transgenders are cross dressers.

I love how you provide facts and a variety of sources that we shouldn't just lump all trans people together and make assumptions about them like the left is doing with them and does with minorities. But in fact they are a varied hue of people and Gryphon's only response his to put his fingers in his ear and go "*lalala* I can't hear you you're sources are all lying us Liberals know everything about Transgenders they are all exactly as I tell you they areand there is 0 deviation from this! I know better then they are what they are."

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordDraconia

Remember, the original article was from FOX Entertainment.

Here’s the nugget of truth to the story: two teens did claim to see Colleen Francis nude while in the Evergreen College sauna.

www.transadvocate.com...

Hmmm I did not know that. So I guess he wasn't just strutting around scratching his sack like I had assumed lol.

I have seen conservative media attempt to lie over another couple bathroom events.

You have also had 2 cases of really creepy looking guys chasing female lesbians out of the ladies room, because "they thought they were men in the ladies", 100% because of the NC law and media coverage.

There is also at least one case of a police officer chasing off a lesbian assuming it is a guy.

However I have seen newsmax totally propagandize one of those stories and pretend as if one of the creeps wasn't doing it in an attempt to enforce the law.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

www.transadvocate.com...

I have seen conservative media attempt to lie over another couple bathroom events.

You have also had 2 cases of really creepy looking guys chasing female lesbians out of the ladies room, because "they thought they were men in the ladies", 100% because of the NC law and media coverage.

There is also at least one case of a police officer chasing off a lesbian assuming it is a guy.

However I have seen newsmax totally propagandize one of those stories and pretend as if one of the creeps wasn't doing it in an attempt to enforce the law.

Yep this is starting to look more and more like something they want us to focus on as a wedge issue to divide us. Draw all our attention off the real issues and turn us on each other. I get so tired of the medias antics and wish more people would catch on to them. I think we are finally reaching a critical mass and that is why they are trying to censor the internet to with Facebook and Twitter and the like's shenanigans. People want to censor the violent pictures in the ME years ago? "That's censorship we won't do that." Anti-US Rioters go crazy at a Trump rally? Off they go and censor everything and take down Bernie Sanders groups with over 50k members. They hate both outside candidates and I bet there will be more and more distractions between here and November who knows what they'll do next.

And to Spiramirabilis

"Do you think that because she's black, a woman, and a member of the ACLU, somehow her opinion on this is somehow more important than other opinions? I'm sure Fox does - and it seems so many of the other right leaning media outlets do too "

I don't put minorities or women or ACLU lawyers on pedestals but I would accuse the left of putting each of those on one. They try and say that people like her are everything right about America while crotchety old white males are everything wrong with America. So when Fox plays into it and says oh look there's a black person who doesn't hate us, they end up looking racist defending themselves from the racist attack the left has pinned on them for decades. I think there is nothing wrong about feeling afraid of having a surprise in the bathroom. If I walked in the bathroom and there were 3 women in the bathroom, I would have a hard time going and I'm a big guy so it's not like I'm afraid of them for that reason. It would just be awkward and weird. Fear does not equal Hate I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Since you mention me, I'll address the questionable truthfulness of your comment.

I take it you don't bother to actually read what others say about this issue and are impressed by links and long quotes.

My points have been very simple and direct, and are backed up by medical science and legal precedent. The assertions made here, often illogical and based on fringe beliefs about Trans* folks are often ludicrous, baseless and nonsensical. And yes, I'm referring to many of your comments as well.

You can be a fan of whomever you want to be, of course, but as I backup what I say with factual references that actually a) have something to do with what I've said and b) are not dated and/or misrepresented ...

... I'd really appreciate it if you'd address my claims directly and stop the pointless conversing with others about me (against T&C) and the silly ad hominem attacks (also against T&C).

Thanks.
edit on 5-6-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Y'know, this whole entire topic is getting beyond ridiculous. I have to agree with what many people say is a perfect solution: Unisex Bathrooms.

There's really nothing wrong with this idea, to be fair if you live in a house with men/women then you do it all of the time anyway. This way if you're paranoid about some perv peeping on your loved ones then everyone can be in the bathroom together. Besides the feeling of "safety" that this would bring it may have other benefits as well.

What other benefits you may ask?? Hygiene!!!

Have you ever really listened around you when you're in the restroom?? No, I don't mean listen to people going to the bathroom, but what they do after they go. If you do, you would notice that most people don't wash their hands afterwards. I've talked to both sexes on this topic and this seems to be a big problem on both sides. People are disgusting. In fact, my wife has walked in to plenty of female stalls to see that not only did they not flush, they didn't even wipe! My wife works at a clothing store that has expensive clothing, so only ladies with lots of money shop there. It's funny/sad to think some of them are that disgusting.

The point I'm getting at is that many people act differently when other sexes are around. There's a very good chance that people may actually wash their hands more when the other sexes are around so that way they don't come off as a disgusting pig.

Another benefit is actually for the transgendered. I always hear how people will make the lives hell for those who use the wrong restroom, well, with unisex bathrooms there is no wrong one. In fact, they may even feel safer because if one bigot decides to say something many others may tell him to stfu and shove it up their ass.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

www.transadvocate.com...

Yep this is starting to look more and more like something they want us to focus on as a wedge issue to divide us. Draw all our attention off the real issues and turn us on each other. I get so tired of the medias antics and wish more people would catch on to them. I think we are finally reaching a critical mass and that is why they are trying to censor the internet to with Facebook and Twitter and the like's shenanigans. People want to censor the violent pictures in the ME years ago? "That's censorship we won't do that." Anti-US Rioters go crazy at a Trump rally? Off they go and censor everything and take down Bernie Sanders groups with over 50k members. They hate both outside candidates and I bet there will be more and more distractions between here and November who knows what they'll do next.

And to Spiramirabilis

"Do you think that because she's black, a woman, and a member of the ACLU, somehow her opinion on this is somehow more important than other opinions? I'm sure Fox does - and it seems so many of the other right leaning media outlets do too "

I don't put minorities or women or ACLU lawyers on pedestals but I would accuse the left of putting each of those on one. They try and say that people like her are everything right about America while crotchety old white males are everything wrong with America. So when Fox plays into it and says oh look there's a black person who doesn't hate us, they end up looking racist defending themselves from the racist attack the left has pinned on them for decades. I think there is nothing wrong about feeling afraid of having a surprise in the bathroom. If I walked in the bathroom and there were 3 women in the bathroom, I would have a hard time going and I'm a big guy so it's not like I'm afraid of them for that reason. It would just be awkward and weird. Fear does not equal Hate I think.

I don't know...I'm sure the same argument has been made concerning the war on drugs, and that has been an immeasurable disaster.

I don't think you should ignore cases where the government is passing laws that will hurt people, while helping no one.

Sure the majority of the population won't be effected, but the majority of the population wasn't effected by slavery or segregation, either.

It's the whole "when they came for the Jews, I said nothing, because I wasn't a Jew." Trope..

Now instances where it is private citizens withholding luxury items because they are backwoods yokals, I am cool with. I could care less about feelings as long as no one is impeding their life and chance for success.

But when concerning the government making innocent acts criminal...that's been abused every time in memory.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus
I thought I would mention here that condi rice said at rnc one year her father was refused entree into the democrat party so he went to the republicans and that is how she came into the gop.

Everyone, I'd assume, on ATS who participates in political discussion - - - KNOWS about the "Switcheroo" between the 2 parties from the 50s to now.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I love how you provide facts and a variety of sources that we shouldn't just lump all trans people together and make assumptions about them like the left is doing with them and does with minorities. But in fact they are a varied hue of people and Gryphon's only response his to put his fingers in his ear and go "*lalala* I can't hear you you're sources are all lying us Liberals know everything about Transgenders they are all exactly as I tell you they areand there is 0 deviation from this! I know better then they are what they are."

I thought you were smarter then to buy into ElectricUniverse's "Grab and Paste".

He does not fully research his articles, or examine who is behind them. Or make sure they are current.

Of course, there is diversity in LGBT - - just as there is in the Hetero world. We do not put our fingers in our ears.

But, there is mainstream hetero as well as mainstream LGBT.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

A: She is not the head of the ACLU.. I don't know weather that is you are the article attempting the click bait, but it is very propagandaie...

B: this is the most obviously fake story I can imagaine....

Wow... Had to be JoshuaCox... Seriously kid, you should learn how to make an argument instead of making false claims.

Maya Dillard Smith

Executive Director at ACLU of Georgia
San Francisco Bay Area Government Administration

www.linkedin.com...

i have just have to wonder who this person is coming out of nowhere and proclaiming people are lying, they are not presenting proof when proof is shown right in front of him...

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I thought you were smarter then to buy into ElectricUniverse's "Grab and Paste".

Stop trying to imply people are not smart for not agreeing with your point... Just because an article, or evidence does not come from a "progressive" website doesn't mean it is invalid or false. Learn how to make a valid argument for once in your life for crying out loud...

He does not fully research his articles, or examine who is behind them. Or make sure they are current.

Really? how about this Annee, show where my argument is wrong... Stop claiming I am wrong and show where the argument is wrong...

You don't even want to accept what transgenders who see these mandates as dangerous have to say, and you want to proclaim their statements are not valid because you don't want to accept anything other than your own view.

edit on 5-6-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

A: She is not the head of the ACLU.. I don't know weather that is you are the article attempting the click bait, but it is very propagandaie...

Wow... Had to be JoshuaCox... Seriously kid, you should learn how to make an argument instead of making false claims.

Maya Dillard Smith

www.linkedin.com...

i have just have to wonder who this person is coming out of nowhere and proclaiming people are lying, they are not presenting proof when proof is shown right in front of him...

She was the GEORGIA ACLU director..

Not the head of the entire ACLU, which is a really big NATIONAL organization...

Which is what the headline reads...

I bet there are no more than 10 employees in the Georgia branch of the ACLU.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Maya Dillard Smith

www.linkedin.com...

I guess "Head of the Georgia Branch of the ACLU" was just to honest of a title for a conservative media site...

It's obviously propaganda if they attempt to look like they meant the ACTUAL director of the ACLU.....

www.aclu.org...

Here is the ACTUAL head of the ACLU...

Now what were you saying about being dishonest, lol....

To be honest I expected to find out the story was totally fake, but instead it is only 1/50th fake.. what do you know conservative media is moving on up in the world!

edit on 6-6-2016 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Everything 'wrong' in the world today is because of a tiny minority called the evil rich!

You might want to look up the definition of Nepotism. Also maybe study the subprime bubble for 5 minutes. It was the actions of bankers, backed up by apathetic non-acting/complacent-complicit government oversight, SEC in bed with the banks, and rating agencies that were afraid to lose business.

The RICH people who were the canaries in the coal mine, the ones who would've corrected a fraudulent market, certainly made some money, about 50M, a few hundred million and a Billion, but they deserved that money.

They actually deserved to make more money, but the fraudulent market hid the fraud and postponed their profits, in part due to Banks, SEC, Rating Agencies and select government officials, all corrupt. All operating a fraudulent market. The gov actually had very little to do with it.

Those rich guys, the ones who were just acting like they should, and in a legitimate market it would've been nothing more than a market correction? Two shut down or left the hedge funds they were in, because they broke up a massive fraud and stopped way more corrupt money traders from being allowed to print money. 1 was investigated numerous times and audited 4 times after.

Only 1 banker went to jail for the subprime crisis.

But Im sure the people involved in the fraud told you the crisis was all the .govs fault or something?

Go read Michael Lewis book on it.
edit on 6-6-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: gladtobehere

Hmmm, so 3 trannys with deep voices walked in the bathroom and the kids were frightened and scared for their safety? Did the trannys expose themselves or offer to buy the kids?

Why is this an issue?

You don't quite understand how children work, do you?

Are you really trying to apply or attribute adult-level logical thinking to elementary-school-aged children?

See, that's the problem--people who think this has zero effect on children are the ones creating the issues--or, at the least, perpetuating them. You can't just yank the rug of societal normalcy out from under the feet of children and expect them not to react negatively (overall). These are the same kids who are scared of the dark, or are frightened by the sound of an owl at night, or are afraid to jump off of the diving board into a pool, or any other myriad of things that, to adults, seem irrational.

You need to explore the "why" behind this being an issue, instead of only asking the question. Just because the issue may not align with your ideology doesn't negate the fact that, for many, this really is an issue. Asking "why is this an issue?" and implying that it shouldn't be is tantamount to living in a fantasy world, where transgendered people (not "tranny," although why is that word even an issue?) can ride into bathrooms on flying unicorns and have single-digit-aged children embrace them upon entry.

You may have hopes that multi-gendered bathrooms become the norm, but right now in our society, they are not. Stop pretending like it shouldn't bother young children to have their societal norms to which they are accustomed dramatically altered basically overnight.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

One time when my daughter was very little, we went out somewhere public and saw a man with a disfigured face. I think he was a burn victim. He looked kind of scary and my daughter was taken aback by his appearance. I just took her aside and told her he was just a normal man, like Daddy, who got into some kind of accident which made his face look like that. I told her he was nothing to be afraid of and that it wasn't nice to stare because it might hurt his feelings.

Sometimes kids are going to be in public around other people, and sometimes those people are going to look or seem scary in some way to a kid. That's life. No need to bash the people who unsettle them, as long as they aren't threatening harm in any way.

Those girls could have seen those trans people anywhere in a public place. Nothing magical about seeing them in a bathroom.

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26 >>

join