It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get Out the Aloe Vera and Cool off the Bern

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Watch what happens in Cali on Tuesday. When Clinton steals that primary it'll be so patently obvious that even the most ardent man hating Clinton supporter will cringe

So, do you think their governor, whom they adore, endorsed her under duress of some sort?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I have a problem with the fair and square comment. It doesn't take a political insider to see the system was rigged against Bernie from the start. Everything from media coverage to the debate schedule to rules being changed at conventions was set up to benefit Hillary. Not to mention the almost insurmountable super delegates that pledged from Hillary right from the get go.

I would offer you another glass of Kool-Aid, but I think you've drunk too much already.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Nobody in Cali like Gov Brown. Trust me, we all hate him and our state government. His backing of that devil will just further fan the flames of our immense hate for cronyism and corruption in politics. Which means... Cali is gonna BERN

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

No duress needed. Their governor is a nut........and an opportunist.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Even if Bernie did bow out and announce support for Clinton it would be fake. It is all fake on both sides when they do it.

They have different opinions different ideas and falling in line to preserve the party is BS.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

That would be a heart warming sight!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Terminal1

What you are asking is for millions of people to support someone that they really cannot stand.

Not really. I'm only asking for the party to unite, as the GOP has. (lol)

I say let Sanders take it to the convention. Let him burn it down. It needs to change anyway. Both sides do. I feel about the same way with Trump. Sometimes you have to burn down a lot of trees to save the forest.

I agree with your sentiments here, but we live in very dangerous times. I think an ounce of caution, is worth a pound of cure right now.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is interesting from an historical perspective:

The question of who controls the presidency is salient in terms of gauging the potential damage wrought by bitter nomination contests. The out-parties — hungrier for the presidency than in-parties — tend to have a higher tolerance for ugly primary battles. On the other hand, incumbent presidents or heirs apparent (in this case, Clinton) who face stiff intra-party competition are more likely to lose. Senator Ted Kennedy's challenge of President Jimmy Carter in 1980 and Republican Pat Buchanan's challenge of President George H.W. Bush are but two examples of when the parties divided themselves to their own detriment since the modern nominating system got underway in 1972.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Terminal1

What you are asking is for millions of people to support someone that they really cannot stand.

I say let Sanders take it to the convention. Let him burn it down. It needs to change anyway. Both sides do. I feel about the same way with Trump. Sometimes you have to burn down a lot of trees to save the forest.

I agree with your sentiments here, but we live in very dangerous times. I think an ounce of caution, is worth a pound of cure right now.

You claimed earlier that you adore Sanders.

How could you be for Sanders but "for the sake of the party" get behind Hillary?

They are completely different.

I just don't get it.

If you believe in something and are willing to fight for it, why give up and let your opponent win?

Fight to the death!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

I'd add to your points that the race is currently close enough that should Bernie manage to sway enough superdelegates to change their votes to him, he would have enough delegates to get the nomination FAIR AND SQUARE. Of course, if you assume that the SDs are all bought and paid for by Clinton and the DNC and do not really have the ability to freely vote at the convention. Then, yes Bernie has no chance short of an indictment of Clinton, which is probably not likely to happen before the convention.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Two reasons.

1. It's giving the Presidency to Trump, which I really don't want.
2. Even if he were elected, he would be a lame duck from day one. Congress won't support any of his tenets. It would be the greatest exercise in futility the country has ever seen. Would it send a message? Of course, but that's about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

If Democrats unite the way the GOP has, it will be fake (as the GOP's "unity" is) and doomed to fail (as the GOP is). I'm good with Bernie fighting all the way! It's his prerogative. And I don't think the party will suffer one bit. He has promised that if he loses, he will throw his full support behind Hillary.

And so will I. Not because I want her to be president, but because I don't want Trump.

But in the meantime... I'm Feelin' the Bern!
edit on 6/3/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

You see it as "the best way" to beat Trump. According to the polls I've read, the opposite is true.

Sanders v. Trump www.realclearpolitics.com...
Clinton v. Trump www.realclearpolitics.com...

FWIW, if the democrats shut out Bernie, many of his supporters (like me) will vote for the only non-establishment candidate left... Trump. Either way, Clinton and the democrats get hosed.
edit on 3-6-2016 by ReprobateRaccoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Two reasons.

1. It's giving the Presidency to Trump, which I really don't want.
2. Even if he were elected, he would be a lame duck from day one. Congress won't support any of his tenets. It would be the greatest exercise in futility the country has ever seen. Would it send a message? Of course, but that's about it.

Those are not the greatest two reasons.

Trump and Hillary are no different. Both are corrupt sociopaths who crave power and wealth.

It's getting really old how the good guys never win.
Evil always wins

I'm sick of it. It doesn't need to be this way.

Bern this sh## down to the ground and rebuild!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReprobateRaccoon

You see it as "the best way" to beat Trump. According to the polls I've read, the opposite is true.

Sanders v. Trump www.realclearpolitics.com...
Clinton v. Trump www.realclearpolitics.com...

FWIW, if the democrats shut out Bernie, many of his supporters (like me) will vote for the only non-establishment candidate left... Trump. Either way, Clinton and the democrats get hosed.

Exactly.
If Clinton wins the nomination, I will for the first time in my life vote Republican.
Guess who I would be voting for?

That's right, an ELE.

edit on 3-6-2016 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Have no doubt that if I thought we could begin again at this point in time, I would support him.
This Congress will have to GO before anything can change. The Rand Paul's, the Ted Cruzes, and the rest of that bunch, and there is whole army of them.

As long as they have huge support from their constituents, nothing will change. You see what a difficult time Obama has had. Sanders would be even less effective due to lack of congressional support.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

I would offer you another glass of Kool-Aid, but I think you've drunk too much already.

Awww, but I am so thirsty! Perhaps you need a drink, because you seem delirious, perhaps from dehydration.

Look if you would like to argue on a point by point basis, I would be more than happy to oblige you. However, for now, here are some sources citing left wing people discussing how rigged the primary was.

www.salon.com...

www.breitbart.com...

freebeacon.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

www.trunews.com...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

I could go on, but what does it matter, everyone one of them probably have also drank kool aid, right! Thank goodness you are here with not only an abundance of evidence but a striking wit to lead all of us kool aid drinking sheep back into the light!
edit on 3-6-2016 by Grambler because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

If Democrats unite the way the GOP has, it will be fake (as the GOP's "unity" is) and doomed to fail (as the GOP is). I'm good with Bernie fighting all the way! It's his prerogative. And I don't think the party will suffer one bit. He has promised that if he loses, he will throw his full support behind Hillary.

And so will I. Not because I want her to be president, but because I don't want Trump.

But in the meantime... I'm Feelin' the Bern!

I going to stock up on Aloe Vera so I can hose you down when the time comes. I don't want you to suffer.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

There has been nothing fair and square about this race and Sanders will continue on to the DNC convention.

That said, when Clinton is given the nomination he will support her because he cannot let Trump win. Problem for Hillary is many of his supporters will not vote for her no matter what. They will be voting 3rd party.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm sticking with Bernie until he quits or loses, because that is what my conscience tells me to do. I haven't yet decided what I'm going to do after that. Probably move to Canada, I guess....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join