It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 7 year old Japanese boy was found a few hours ago

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   

The 7 year old Japanese boy was found a few hours ago

It was apparent from the interview that the parents as they said, "we did a dumb thing". Not sure how many soldiers were out in the forest (was either 150 or 1500 soldiers was dispatched)

The sad thing is the parent now face the stigma of the Japanese people that is called "shame". Its going to be hard for them to live in Japan, maybe they'll move to Australia now.

Also the parents will have to pay for the rescue, that is going to be very expensive.

Sorry I left this out. He was found in a govt. building. Hadn't eaten for 5 days. Yes, he was found alive.
edit on 0600000041032016-06-03T04:03:41-05:00034106am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
What is sad about the parents getting what they deserve?

What is REALLY Sad is the fact that they abandoned their child in a Bear infested forest for 7 days...

Utterly disgusting and I hope their child manages to be brought up either by family members or foster parents worthy of being REAL parents.

Kindest respects

Lag

edit on 3-6-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Bad quoting

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic This is great news! I hope the boy is okay!
I can't remember where I had read about this, but it was a sickening sort of story... leaving your kid out alone in the forest for punishment...!?!
I tried your link, but it did not work for some reason.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
He was ok , though ? I believe parents anywhere would not care about ramifications as long as their child was found and healthy.
I cannot pass judgement on the parents as their culture is not mine. Happens here they would be shamed to no end. And the department of family services would step in on child endangerment charges.
- for the little feller being found
Will not say much about anything else

edit on 6/3/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Glad he was found alive.

Link is bad, doesn't work, OP.

No, I can't say I know (or would want to know) any parents who would be upset at having their child given back to them after realizing what they had done, and the chance to make amends.

"People don't know what they have, until they loose it.."

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
He was ok , though ? I believe parents anywhere would not care about ramifications as long as their child was found and healthy.

Yeah, the boy is alive. The interviews on Japanese TV was clearly, they did not kill him, the parents did a very dumb mistake.

big news at the moment
edit on 0600000017072016-06-03T04:07:17-05:00071706am4 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Japan's Self-Defense Forces personnel found Yamato Tanooka in a building on the premises of the military's Kamagatame exercise field Friday morning, said Satoshi Saito, a spokesperson for the local fire department. Yamato was found 6 kilometers from the spot where his parents left him as punishment for throwing stones, according to local media. Yamato told police he reached the building that first night, local media said.

that's quite an adventure, sad that by the time he's grown up he will probably have forgotten most of this.
I do hope he does not forget to disown his parents as soon as possible though

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
He might not forget...

It is well known that most children that have experienced trauma in their early years suffer from PTSD in their adult years.

Causes of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) can develop after a very stressful, frightening or distressing event, or after a prolonged traumatic experience.

Types of events that can lead to PTSD include:

serious road accidents

violent personal assaults, such as sexual assault, mugging or robbery

prolonged sexual abuse, violence or severe neglect

witnessing violent deaths

military combat

being held hostage

terrorist attacks

natural disasters, such as severe floods, earthquakes or tsunamis

a diagnosis of a life-threatening condition

an unexpected severe injury or death of a close family member or friend

PTSD isn't usually related to situations that are simply upsetting, such as divorce, job loss or failing exams.

PTSD develops in about 1 in 3 people who experience severe trauma. It isn't fully understood why some people develop the condition while others don't. However, certain factors appear to make some people more likely to develop PTSD.

If you've had depression or anxiety in the past, or you don't receive much support from family or friends, you're more susceptible to developing PTSD after a traumatic event.

More here : www.nhs.uk...

Kindest respects

Lag

a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

edit on 3-6-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I'm glad the little fella was found alive and yes the parents did what probably millions of others have previous done (or certainly threatened to do) since the inception of family mobility. It's a shame the lesson was stretched well beyond the 5 or so minute scare they were likely intending.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Your post is very understandable. The parents should be punished, and they will.

Regardless of any legal action taken (other than fines) they will literally be shunned from their community and beyond.

To touch on the idea that the boy should be removed from the parents and custody given to another family member/ thrown into an adoption program, not sure how I feel there. I think it should be mainly up to the child with possibly the help of a counselor or therapist to come to a conclusion on what seems best for the young one.

The parents seem horribly ashamed and remorseful, as they should. This was a disgusting act.

But to take a child from his immediate family, unless he truly wants it, is wrong.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Thats why I firstly mentioned that I hope their child manages to be brought up either by family members or foster parents worthy of being REAL parents.

Kindest respects

Lag

a reply to: seaswine

edit on 3-6-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Crap spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
THANK GOD

I know millions of people around the world who first heard of this story prayed for the safety of this boy and he is alive. I believe this to be a miracle! A small boy released into the woods where bear are known to roam and he finds his way to a place of shelter three miles from where he was released. IMO he was guided there.

As for the parents.....JAIL, take all their children away, and put this child with a family that will appreciate the boy.
edit on 3-6-2016 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Yeah, I think the main thing is that the wee fella is OK.

The Parents?

Made a stupid mistake.
Apparently the wee fella was acting up? Throwing stones at cars and stuff?
Different parents have different strategies I guess?
Mine would have gave me a hiding!

What would you have done?

I don't actually know. But I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have abandoned him even for 5 minutes. I still remember that feeling when my 3 year old wandered off in the supermarket and was out of sight for 30 seconds or so!!!!
Talk about TRAUMA & PANIC!!!

I'm guessing that the parents won't be using that particular strategy again!

G

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Yamato Tanooka: missing Japanese boy found alive after six nights in forest

Mistakes were made that could've ended tragically but they didn't. Such is life.

If we're going to throw all parents who make a mistake in jail and take away their kids, not many of us would grow up in our original families anymore.

Relax, the kid's allright and the parents probably got the scare of their lives, they won't repeat this anytime soon, 2nd chances anyone?
edit on 3/6/2016 by Balans because: link

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I believe this to be a miracle! A small boy released into the woods where bear are known to roam...

Too bad miracles don't happen very often to prevent humans from killing each other wholesale.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans

Yamato Tanooka: missing Japanese boy found alive after six nights in forest

Mistakes were made that could've ended tragically but they didn't. Such is life.

If we're going to throw all parents who make a mistake in jail and take away their kids, not many of us would grow up in our original families anymore.

Relax, the kid's allright and the parents probably got the scare of their lives, they won't repeat this anytime soon, 2nd chances anyone?

Your post is true to the heart. Here in Japan, if you live in a "tight" neighborhood everyone kind of knows a lot about you, other then any medical problems. The family has been on TV and I think the Japanese people now will forgive them. And yes, the boy does have some severe behavioral problems and I think the parents just lost their cool at the moment.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Perhaps when he is an adult, and his parents are old and come to depend on him for their care and support, he will return Them to a bear infested forest,

Lesson learned.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Shamed in Japan society, contrasted to America.

In the US the shamed sues for money or gets paid for book, movie, TV rights, then gets a cult following. The bottom line being 'it wasn't my fault'.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I'm glad the little fella was found alive and yes the parents did what probably millions of others have previous done (or certainly threatened to do) since the inception of family mobility. It's a shame the lesson was stretched well beyond the 5 or so minute scare they were likely intending.

I would never threaten to leave my child in a forest.. And can't even comprehend that they actually did it..

There are ways to deal with bad behaviour and these threats and actions are certainly not how to do it..

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe
Agreed.
This is a major life event for a 7 year old boy.

Even what seems to be a small thing for an adult can have life altering effects when they happen to a child.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join