It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Ever Sent Fan Mail to a Famous Person...and received a reply?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Hello there folks,

This is a light and fun topic that I have always thought about since the time in my youth where you could open up a teeny bopper magazine and easily find an address to write to a famous person.
My life long friend and I had a blast coming up with a letter to River Phoenix (may he R.I.P), we never got around to sending it, but had fun nonetheless.

So now I'm older and I want to write to a certain famous celebrity about certain movies that I loved very much with rumors of a third floating around.
Part of me thinks, oh they'll never get it or care for it and part of me hopes for something of a response... that they appreciate what I have to say as a fan... or that they will send a signed photograph at the least.

So what do you think ATS... and have you ever written fan mail and received a response?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

I've never received anything, but I have the letter sent from the talent booking staff to Gillian Anderson confirming her first appearance on the Letterman show when the X-Files became a hit. I would post a picture of it but I'm not entirely certain how to do it from my phone, plus it's not all that cool.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   

When I was a kid, I had a bit of a crush on Rutger Hauer and my neighbor actually sent the letter. She got back an autographed picture and gave it to me. Does that count?

So... who's this celebrity you have in mind?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

The closest thing to that for me is hitting up Twitter. I have had many responses from many people that would be considered famous in various circles. I guess you could consider that the light version of writing a letter. A hand written letter response from a famous person would actually be worth something however.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha That is cool you got an autographed photo...what a neat friend you had..did they go behind your back to send the letter or did you know and were you happy when they gave you the photo?

Well... as I blush I'll go ahead and tell you a hint about who the celebrity is.. it has to do with Kill Bill 1 and 2 and a possible third movie... I don't know why, but I turn into a pile of mush over those movies.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo That is neat! I don't use twitter and would have to hand write my letter and if I get something back I would save it until I'm old and then go on the Antiques Roadshow to show it off!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Yea, Michael Jordan when I was in the third grade....so maybe around '98 or so?

I got about 5 autographed postcards.
edit on 3-6-2016 by essentialtremors because: spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: peppycat
a reply to: Abysha That is cool you got an autographed photo...what a neat friend you had..did they go behind your back to send the letter or did you know and were you happy when they gave you the photo?

Well... as I blush I'll go ahead and tell you a hint about who the celebrity is.. it has to do with Kill Bill 1 and 2 and a possible third movie... I don't know why, but I turn into a pile of mush over those movies.

Why is that embarrassing? Kill Bill is amazing. Besides, anything with Michael Madsen, you know?

My neighbor actually didn't even know and she didn't even care about him. That made it even more awesome.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors Nice! Did you keep them?... it is so cool when fans get a response!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha I feel embarrassed about the crush I have on Quentin Tarantino! If he didn't make the Kill Bill's, I wouldn't feel so silly about him.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

a reply to: Abysha I feel embarrassed about the crush I have on Quentin Tarantino! If he didn't make the Kill Bill's, I wouldn't feel so silly about him.

Alright... I have to admit, that came as a surprise. Everybody has their own little "quirk" crushes so I get it. Example: Bill Nye, even at his current age. There, we're even.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AbyshaI had to look up who Rutger Hauer is and they showed a more recent photo and an older one... he has definitely kept his strikingly good looks! A little more rugged and grey now but that isn't a bad thing on him!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Alright... I have to admit, that came as a surprise. Everybody has their own little "quirk" crushes so I get it. Example: Bill Nye, even at his current age. There, we're even.

Thanks for making it even! 😊The science guy would surely appreciate some fan mail from ya... with hearts drawn on it!
Seriously though, smarts can be very attractive.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Kill Bill! Awesome movies one of which we watched the other day and enjoyed it every bit as much as the first time we saw it. Uma Thurman????

Have never sent a fan letter but belong to the Dandy Warhols face book fan group because we love their music.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInitial Did you go to the Letterman show? It's cool that you kept this announcement from the booking agency over the years, but did you write to Gillian Anderson and then they sent an announcement about her being on Letterman?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7 Uma Thurman is a major reason I love the Kill Bill's...I believe she and Quentin Tarantino came up with the story together... I'm a big fan of her too, since I was in eighth grade in the late 80's.

I see that Face book has famous people and it is cool you can somewhat interact with them that way.

My problem is whether I should send a brief or complex letter concerning my feelings about the Kill Bill's and a possible third...I really have a lot to say, but I don't want to be annoying.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

yes - but i have a quite different list of famous people i wish to correspond with

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape Thanks for the reply! Feel free to brag about the different famous people that have written you back...i'm guessing political figures?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I've not so much written to, but I did comment on a thread in Chance Kelly's IMDB section, and he responded directly to me in a reply. We had a few comments, told him I think he was awesome as The Godfather in Generation Kill.

Surprised me. I know some actors are active on there, but to get a reply to a comment I made was nice

On the flip side, I also commented on Melissa Georges IMBD comments once, saying she's had breast implants... her partner replied stating that they are indeed 100% real. Lmao yeah riiiight

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Peppycat, no.

Tarantino is counting on you going to watch his movie, so your input could well be valuable to him. Often I suspect people like him virtually agonise over whether their movie will please the public. So a little unbiased and constructive help is probably be gratefully received - even if he is too busy to reply but perhaps your email might get a response and a thank you.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join