It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taco Bell, money, cheese and dirty hands

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, this is what I did. I went to Taco Bell and ordered a taco and paid for it. Well, I said to myself, wtf. Here is the lady handling my money and then go back to the kitchen and make me the taco, all along touching the lettuce and grabbing the cheese with here dirty hands and fingers. Well, I said fk this. I told her I want 10 more tacos. Yep! she did the same thing, dirty hands and all. She came to the register to tally up. I looked at her and said you didn't wash your hands before making my food, even after you handled dirty money.

I turn around a said "enjoy the tacos".

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
$15 an hour baby!
Nuttin but the best...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

hate to say it but its probably no dirtier then the crap they put in the taco...

I've never heard of powered meat until "the Bell" came to town

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Not to mention that's not even real cheese it doesn't melt, even if you take a blow torch to it. It will just burns.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Taco bell is late night last resort drunk munchie food, the kind of food that you eat when your so inebriated that you don't really care what you shovel in your mouth. Got to admit I do like their fire sauce and you put enough of that on there and you can't even taste the dirty.
edit on 2-6-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Aren't they supposed to wear gloves? They do at the one by my house. They regularly get a 100 on their inspection too. Now, the quality of the actual food, thats questionable at best.

Making sure that the employees have good habits and practice general cleanliness is the responsibility of the management. But if you can lower your standards enough to eat there, then you should prob expect the worst anyways.

Did you wash your hands after you handed her your money?

Leaving her with all of those tacos was pretty awesome. Tacos are awesome. I'm going to drive to taco bell you bastard.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Ya but its like Chinese food... Tasty but it goes right through you like prune juice...

And you're hungry an hour later while ye sit on the toilet

LOL

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Better off at a store deli if you need fast food most seem to wear gloves compared to fast food.

Is taco bell even real food yet(not that it will be... ever). Last year they said they will serve real food the following year.

edit on 2-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A long time ago I saw a guy putting his hands in the trash at Taco Bell and then going on to touch the food. I'm glad I got my "food" before he did it.

I don't eat there if I can help it. If I do, this is usually the result:

edit on 2-6-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

LOL, I do the same thing!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
No less nor more real food than anywhere else
Dont know where you are from , but all food workers wear gloves here .

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

How is wearing gloves different from washing hands. Yes they are supposed to wear gloves when handling food but any dirty thing you get on your glove then go handle food with the same glove makes no difference. There should be different people to handle money and food. If you handle both you take off gloves prior to or after handling money.

When I was an infection control nurse there was a study of people who wore gloves all the time and those who didn't . Patients got more infections with those who wore gloves all the time because the nurses didn't wash hands or change gloves between patients.

Many people don't understand the reason for wearing gloves.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Taco Burrp.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   

They wear fresh gloves at my Taco Bell, you may want to call the corporate office. You will likely get free product for your articulated complaint. You will be doing them a favor because you are preventing a future lawsuit.
edit on 3-6-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

They wear fresh gloves at my Taco Bell, you may want to call the corporate office. You will likely get free product for your articulated complaint. You will be doing them a favor because you are preventing a future lawsuit.
This is very good advice.
Around my parts, I worked at two different Taco Bells in my youth and they are all different when it comes to management and staff and areas... there is one Taco Bell in a grungier part of town that I trust less than a spiffier part of town. Generally there is a person manning the register that doesn't make the food... the people in the back do.

I've gotten sick from more upscale places than Taco Bell. There used to be a show on TV about restaurants needing help with everything and some of the assumingly nicest places have grime and mold in places you can't normally see.

You take a chance at every eatery in my opinion and I have absolutely no problem when it comes to making a valid complaint for the future safety of others.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

If the people are well groomed that work there I would trust it, if they are not then I would avoid it. Not all Taco Bells are the same. There are certain parts of town that I would not walk the street at night, I also would not purchase Taco Bell from there any time of day or night.

I love Taco Bell, if I had the cash I would purchase a franchise but I would make sure they follow protocol. Following protocol is very important for any food franchise. It is a huge liability when your employees can't even follow the simplest of rules.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here in the middle of no where NM there are no gloves. These idiots do the same thing. I watched the lady take the money fix her NASTY greasy hair and then proceed to make my food. I walked out $15 short and my kids were upset but it was better than eating #. That was the first and LAST time we have been there. #### Taco Bell.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaxsmash

I walked out $15 short and my kids were upset but it was better than eating #. That was the first and LAST time we have been there. #### Taco Bell.

I would have insisted on a refund before walking out. It takes about a minute to get a phone cam going, snap a shot then she's got not choice but to refund.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: dreamingawake
No less nor more real food than anywhere else
Dont know where you are from , but all food workers wear gloves here .

Well i have seen them at subway for instance wearing the gloves but leaving them on to handle the money and god knows what else....gloves do not = clean

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Really? I would think every location would have the same policies. The subway I frequent , they actually pull the gloves off to accept payment or do anything else. And the person that makes the sandwiches changes gloves after every order . This I have seen. See , I watch and notice things. Also , read the health score before I order. A restaurant of any type has to score in at least the mid - upper 90s. Otherwise , I walk away. If I notice something I dont like , I never go back. With thi being said , I do not eat out much. I believe in the good ol southern style home-cooked meals. I trust the cook explicitly . Without one single doubt - my wife.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join