It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: mamabeth
Does that also include rape?
Muhsin Khan translation
2. The woman and the man guilty of illegal sexual intercourse, flog each of them with a hundred stripes. Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah, if you believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of the believers witness their punishment. (This punishment is for unmarried persons guilty of the above crime but if married persons commit it, the punishment is to stone them to death, according to Allah's Law).
2. The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment.
Yusuf Ali translation
2. The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.
2. (As for) the fornicatress and the fornicator, flog each of them, (giving) a hundred stripes, and let not pity for them detain you in the matter of obedience to Allah, if you believe in Allah and the last day, and let a party of believers witness their chastisement.
Dr. Ghali translation
2. The female fornicater and the male fornicator, (The Arabic Zaniyah and Zan refer to those who commit either fornication or adultery. By a comparison of this verse to other and to Hadiths., it is it is understood that this verse refers to fornicators, i.e., unmarried people committing illegal sexual intercourse) then lash each one of them a hundred lashes, and let not compassion for them (both) take (hold of) you in the religion of Allah, in case you believe in Allah and the Last Day; and let a section of the believers witness their (The torment of the two of them) torment.
originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Just for the record, which specific countries are you asking about? Also, you're implying that it's something that's "official" as opposed to something that's done in the dark. Because there are hidden brothels all over the world, even in the US. Many Western and "1st world" countries have them and they're "staffed" with human trafficking victims, runaways, and more. Cartels, gangs, organized crime groups, Yakuza, and even many common "pimps" do this on a daily basis.
(in former times) the separate part of a Muslim household reserved for wives, concubines, and female servants.
"we were invited into the harem in the rear of the house"
the women occupying a harem; the wives (or concubines) of a polygamous man.
"the Maharaja of Delhi had a very fine harem of 18 young and nubile wives"
originally posted by: GemmyMcGemJew
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Of course it's forbidden. I don't understand your point. The question had nothing to do with whether it's right or wrong, he just wanted the correct name. Calm down.