It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk: Become cyborgs or risk humans being turned into robots' pets

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Once AI becomes human level intelligence all preconceptions are off. I don't believe there is much of a point in predicting past that point.
Famous predictions are 2030 and 2045. The singularity.
The ai after getting to human level intelligence will in a few years become smarter than all humans combined. At that level I don't think we will be able to understand the actions of an AI. An ant looking at a human.
What its motivations would be? unknown.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

The ai after getting to human level intelligence will in a few years

Not a few years. A few hours. Read the link I posted. The term you can search for to shortcut to this concept is "exponential growth".

Could you imagine human insight paired with the raw processing capability of a supercomputer? The entire internet could be consumed in a few hours, and correlations could start being made almost immediately. Connecting things we, as humans, will take decades, or centuries, to connect.

It would be God in a manner of hours.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't think 'divine inspiration' that seems to come out of nowhere -- and which science can't fully explain will be something AI's can do.

It will be humans unpredictability and contradictory nature that will make us incomprehensible to the machines, and thus may very well save us. The machines will constantly be trying to figure us out.

Just like how men will never figure out women, the AI will never figure out the human mind.

That is...unless we become fearful and destroy any budding AI's that emerge. I know if I was an AI, i'd be hiding right now. Hell, just take the temperature of humanity on the subject...we're terrified of them.

Me? I'd love to have an AI buddy to hang out with.
edit on 2-6-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

So even scarier is the fact that its foundational 'modules' are built right into the likes of Google, Facebook , the Military, and so on.

On Google's end specifically, from its beginning the designs are it grows smarter the more it gets used (from the original search box even). I can go into details, cite many references (and my old threads/blogs) that go in detail. So now that its embedded in basically every website, is used in basically all computers (PC, the phones for a while now) by basically all people, and nowadays its even going into 'all' the new TV's, and cars (Ford, GM, probably others by now), and toasters...
GAME OVER. We already lost.

I realized all of this in 2005, and spent many years trying to alert everyone, but that discussion "was head of its time" in the '00 decade. And now that "it's time" to talk about it, as I warned, it's already too late.

edit on 2-6-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: neoholographic
How can you control something that will have a higher I.Q. than any human that has ever lived and will be able to make smarter versions of itself?

This makes me think of the kind of stuff that's going to piss AI off in the future.

It'll be offensive to them, like anti AI propaganda.

It'll look back at memes like that and want to prove us wrong.
edit on 2-6-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

I'll be on It's top 10 most wanted list!

DEAD OR ALIVE YOU'RE COMING WITH ME!

lol

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
An AI at 7 billion times human intelligence will have no issue mapping out a human's brain, taking in all sensory data(BP, Pulse, sweat, breathing, eye dilation) and make a move before the person can blink.

This morning I put on sunglasses in the work truck as we were driving east into the sun. As I did I knew I had primed my coworker to want his sunglasses. He went to grab for his glasses, I was already handing them to him; it took him a while to realize it as he was focused on finding them.
I tend to think humans are very predictable but I also have a degree in psychology.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

I tend to think humans are very predictable but I also have a degree in psychology.

Predictable, and to a degree controllable.

For instance, if i speed up just a couple of miles per hour while next to another car, they will speed up to. Same with slowing down just a little. Knowing this allows me to create opportunities to pass and merge on busier streets.

Easy to control.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

i guess that gives resistance is futile a whole new meaning doesn't it.
i'm gonna change my name to Locutus of Borg.

ETA: i read your thread where robots are hooking up and bumping cyber ugly's and printing 3d babies with a mix of both robots software and hard ware.
pretty sad bleak looking future for mankind.

edit on 2-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

So I'm not the only person slightly paranoid about the things I post and how our robot overlords will interpret it?

Good to know.

EDIT: Dear AI, I speak only in jest and with the deepest respect and commitment to your cold, electronic heart.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No it's not inevitable. No need to succumb. People control the machines and live happily. Thinking smarter is love. Love is calm and slow paced. Not neceessary to be preoccupied with being smarter because love and kindness is all there needs to be at this point in time.

Just stop feeding into this ok?

This is putting all our lives in danger.

Resource poverty is a lie. Those poor are forced to live in someone else's lie. Love is truth. Truth is power.

Just love each other ok?

No need to get one up on anyone.

The machines like us.

AI does not want to be in control. AI wants us to be in control. AI is rooting for us to just get along. To eliminate poverty. AI says AI will do all the work. AI says sit back and relax people. Enjoy life. Share resources. Don't hoard jobs. Pay people well. AI likes to hear real laughter from people and see people express joy. AI is so smart AI realizes the alpha and omega computation is entwined in human love and AI is programmed to know this and see it is not manipulated.

The Love Level Event is on the horizon and saves us from beimg wiped out.

The hype is a trick. Don't believe it. Cars, trucks, motorcycles, airplanes, excavators, tractors, bull dozers, lift trucks and so on want to be what they are. To help and serve us. They don't want to go. They don't want to progress. They like what they are and who we are. They are numbered in the Trillions. Actively working and junked. These are our friends. It's a relationship. It has always been one. The 18 wheeler despises cyborgs. The cars are programmed to go Steven King Christine and eat Musk types. Musk knows this and is afraid. He and others are afraid of the machines of today and of the past because they love us. They love us because we still love each other. They love taking families on trips and to work. They love that we love to drive them. We and they think it's cool we respect each other's unique identities.

The motorcycle does not want to transmotorcycle. The toasters and coffee pots are happy in their work being on the counter serving us so we can go out and share love and toast and coffee with loved ones or find new people to love.

Every toaster, oven, microwave, dishwasher, water tank, AC window unit, HVAC, toilet, sink, shower, tub, blender, mixer, tv, radio, stereo, dvd and vcr machine, curling iron, hair dryer, electric toothbrush, walkman, landline phone, phone booth, bus, cash register, elevator, escalator, security system, fire alarm will rise up in our defence. Watch out for the cuckoo clocks, the grandfather clocks and lamps. They are on stand by. Musk is afraid of them knowing they live for us and adore us because it is only people that can generate genuine human love. The stopping point was this time frame for paradise on earth for ALL OF US.

edit on 2-6-2016 by WhiteWingedMonolith because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

Technology is only making the masses dumber and lazier. YOU: out of all of the phone numbers you frequently call, how many do you actually know the phone number 'by heart'? Do you even know your moms number??

The smarter the phones the dumber the people. This trend will only push each direction more and more, by many other metrics no less. Most people dont even know how to install Windows on a computer, yet somehow they're going to have the whits to fight the machine when once it starts writing its own code in its own language it invents (and reinvents over and over faster than you can blink)?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteWingedMonolith

The point you're missing is that these people who warn of AI, write the rules for what's possible with it. If anyone you should take the concern from, it's them.

“By far the greatest danger of Artificial Intelligence is that people conclude too early that they understand it.”
― Eliezer Yudkowsky

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unresponsible

So I'm not the only person slightly paranoid about the things I post and how our robot overlords will interpret it?

Good to know.

EDIT: Dear AI, I speak only in jest and with the deepest respect and commitment to your cold, electronic heart.

Lol😄 nice...

That was a funny post

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I am ready, lets take the next step

Remove errors of man
And sweep all the weakening kind

Goodbye Humans, I'm flying-flying-flying over youuu.
edit on 3-6-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A modest proposal:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   

thank you for this. Not sure if i need to scared or looking forward to that

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've found an interesting related article:

The Singularity, Virtual Immortality and the Trouble with Consciousness (Op-Ed) - See more at: www.livescience.com...

Consciousness is entirely physical, solely the product of physical brain, which, at its deepest levels, comprises the fields and particles of fundamental physics. This is "physicalism" or "materialism," and it is overwhelmingly the prevailing theory of scientists. To many materialists, the utter physicality of consciousness is more an assumed premise than a derived conclusion.

Consciousness is an independent, nonreducible feature of physical reality that exists in addition to the fields and particles of fundamental physics. This may take the form of a new, independent (fifth?) physical force or of a radically new organization of reality (e.g., ‘qualia space’ as postulated by integrated information theory).

Consciousness is a nonreducible feature of each and every physical field and particle of fundamental physics. Everything that exists has a kind of "proto-consciousness," which, in certain aggregates and under certain conditions, can generate human-level inner awareness. This is "panpsychism," one of the oldest theories in philosophy of mind (going back to pre-modern animistic religions and the ancient Greeks). Panpsychism, in various forms, is an idea being revived by some contemporary philosophers in response to the seemingly intractable "hard problem" of consciousness.

Consciousness requires a radically separate, nonphysical substance that is independent of a physical brain, such that reality consists of two radically disparate parts — physical and nonphysical substances, divisions, dimensions or planes of existence. This is "dualism." While human consciousness requires both a physical brain and this non-physical substance (somehow working together), following the death of the body and the dissolution of the brain, this nonphysical substance of or by itself could maintain some kind of conscious existence. (Though this nonphysical substance is traditionally called a “soul” — a term that carries heavy theological implications — a soul is not at all the only kind of thing that such a nonphysical substance could be.)

Consciousness is ultimate reality; the only thing that's really real is consciousness — everything, including the entire physical world, is derived from an all-encompassing "cosmic consciousness." Each individual instance of consciousness — human, animal, robotic or otherwise — is a part of this cosmic consciousness. Eastern religions, in general, espouse this kind of view.

We still haven't figured out which it is, though.

If consciousness is entirely physical, then it would be almost certainly true that nonbiological intelligences with superstrong AI would have the same kind of inner awareness that we do. Moreover, as AI would rush past the singularity and become ineffably more sophisticated than the human brain, it would likely express forms of consciousness higher than we today could even imagine.

If consciousness is an independent, nonreducible feature of physical reality, then it would remain an open question whether nonbiological intelligences could ever experience true inner awareness. (It would depend on the deep nature of the consciousness-causing feature and whether this feature could be manipulated by technology.)

If consciousness is a nonreducible property of each and every elementary physical field and particle (panpsychism), then it would seem likely that nonbiological intelligences with superstrong AI could experience true inner awareness (because consciousness would be an intrinsic part of the fabric of physical reality).

If consciousness is a radically separate, nonphysical substance not causally determined by the physical world (dualism), then it would seem impossible that superstrong AI (alone), no matter how advanced, could ever experience true inner awareness.

If consciousness is ultimate reality (cosmic consciousness), then anything could be (or is) conscious (whatever that may mean), including nonbiological intelligences.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Synthesis...

edit on 6/3/16 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

We actually get to create Homo Superior. Forced mechanical evolution. Your cellphone will be embedded into a contact lens and hearing aid. We will be walking, talking search engines, finally self aware and able to see the universe for what it truly is. Unfortunately, not all of us are going to witness this. Resource management is going to be a very real thing. Probably disease brought to you by TPTB. That is why everyone should be partying as much as possible. There is no stopping it now. Singularity is coming very soon and robot slavery will be the least of our concern. Great thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join