It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed! Clinton gave ZERO to veterans’ charities?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I really couldn't care less what he does in his personal life I'm interested in him firing everyone and getting the wheels on this slow moving incompetent government greased and moving in the right direction again.

Too focused on personal issues and not enough focused on ability to lead and accomplish goals.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Theres a lot of great charities for veterans, they will house you, buy you suits for interviews, feed you, give you rides to and from work.

Lots of disinformation out there about help for vets.

The real issues are finding a job after service and the VA. Everything else is a talking point for politics.

I know I'm a vet.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Seems to be a good attention grabber. Remember he only spent 36 million in the primaries.

He spent very effectively, but he also got $2 billion in free press. Pretty much as expected for someone whose supposed to know about marketing. It was a well executed viral marketing campaign, it still is. That doesn't mean he's trustworthy though, if no one mentioned the veterans money he would have kept it.

a reply to: Grimpachi

I really couldn't care less what he does in his personal life I'm interested in him firing everyone and getting the wheels on this slow moving incompetent government greased and moving in the right direction again.

Too focused on personal issues and not enough focused on ability to lead and accomplish goals.

The people that need fired in our government don't fall under the jurisdiction of the executive branch, so that's not going to happen. If he wins he'll staff it with his people, just as any President would. It's still just the executive branch though when our real problems fall under the judicial and legislative.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Not a chance in my opinion he would have kept it.

Why the hell would he risk his entire empire on ripping people off a few million dollars when hes worth thousands of million dollars?

Sheesh.

Talk about grasping at straws.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Then what's up with the homeless looking guys with little tables setup at the entrance to my grocery store parking lot? They have some phony looking "Vets of America" charity sign that looks home made and wave a flag around and salute when you drive by.

I think they're a scam...but it seems no one has the balls to call them out or investigate, as that's un-American.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
[quote
edit on 2-6-2016 by Motorhead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Metallicus

Nor is it really charity when you're doing it for publicity either. Vote Bernie?

I see.
So if Unicef or the Red Cross gets publicity, it's not charity either ?

Look, Hillary is cheap, and a bitch, face it.

Grasping at straws to find fault with Trump's charity, won't work

char·i·ty
ˈCHerədē/
noun
the voluntary giving of help, typically in the form of money, to those in need.
an organization set up to provide help and raise money for those in need.

Nothing there about not having publicity

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Depends on the state sometimes too but usually theres help for vets.

The guys with signs are typically scammers, you need a DD214 to access the good services.

Oh i forgot to mention, the mental health industry in this country sucks big balls so the vets with real serious mental health issues may actually not be getting any help. The VA does suck big ones too without a doubt I don't even know anyone who uses it.

edit on 6/2/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

a reply to: Aazadan

Not a chance in my opinion he would have kept it.

Why the hell would he risk his entire empire on ripping people off a few million dollars when hes worth thousands of million dollars?

Sheesh.

Talk about grasping at straws.

Why wouldn't he? $6 million is a lot of money, and he has a good record of winning lawsuits. For a guy who only brings in about $20 million/year in actual liquid cash $6 million is nothing to scoff at. Most of Trumps assets are in real estate, he has relatively little actual disposable income given his net worth.

Trumps whole mentality is that the value of money doesn't mean much, it's just a way to keep score. That's an actual quote from him. Being given money means he's winning, giving money away means he's losing.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You really misssed the mark on that.

I was talkingg about how much of a scumbag he is to lie about how much he donates to charity.

I only gave examples of what he calls charity such as golf rounds to his buddies and presents to movie stars that he paid for in order to see.

Those are the types of things that totaled up to the 102 million he claims he donated to charity when the reality is he gave less than 2% of that.

The least charitable billionaire in the world.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

So why aren't you starting a thread on Trump making a very public proclamation about what he was going to personally give.................... then had to be pushed hard to actually give it?

Ever try thinking past the fact that they had to push him and think about WHY they had to push him?

Just saying.

Because he made the pledge in front of a crowd of veterans to curry favour while at the same time not being too interested in honouring it?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Other threads beat me to it !!

Of course they did. So basically you are reporting a non story in that HC didn't give money she hadn't pledged to give, but TC attempted to get away with not paying money he had pledged to give.

That's not hard is it?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Star + Flag for this thread, definitely! If the conservative media took the initiative, they'd find that Hillary/Bill didn't donate to anything or anyone who helped keep America and Americans safe. No Veteran charities, or Police charities, ...and certainly not a dime for coal-miner family charities.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

It's a really big story though.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

May be her actions really do speak louder than her words.

Just another example of a politician letting their "jay bird mouth overloading their hummingbird a$$".
You should never throw stones if you live in a glass house.

In reply to "carewemust".

Why else do the call it the Clinton Charity Foundation???
edit on 3-6-2016 by tinymind because: after thought

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I think the veterans back Trump, which is paramount.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You do know that charitable donations are a tax write off right? Her foundation is nothing but a tax shelter and private slush fund for her and her radical terrorist friends over in the middle east to use.

Don't you wonder why all of these big chain retailers always have the option to donate at the register? Tax write offs. It has nothing to do with philanthropy.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   

He did an entire press conference in order to defend himself. He invited several of the groups he donated to that vouched for him live on TV. It was a defensive move. She tried more of her crap on him and he did what he had to do.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:54 AM
link   

The VA is terrible. My girlfriends brother is a very and lives with me, and I have witnessed first hand how horribly they treat him. They do EVERYTHING by snail mail. It is ridiculous.

Not to mention that veterans are basically considered terrorists by our loving government.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

He did an entire press conference in order to defend himself. He invited several of the groups he donated to that vouched for him live on TV. It was a defensive move. She tried more of her crap on him and he did what he had to do.

He had to defend himself for trying to get out of honouring a pledge he made. HC made no such pledge. Stick to the facts, it's always easier that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join