It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odds are we're living in a simulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A few knows about the reality outside of the compound of our imagination, those men are called Philosopher Kings and they create the world you and i live in.

"There's a billion to one chance we're living in base reality," Elon Musk said tonight on stage at Recode's Code Conference, meaning that one of the most influential and powerful figures in tech thinks that it's overwhelmingly likely we're just characters living inside a simulation.

Many of us live in a dream, a simulation which has no boundaries. A fantasy within your grasp if you choose to stretch for it, but is it really real.
- No, it is not.-
But is it a bad thing, to have food on your table, a bed to sleep in even friends or foes to talk to or hate. In nature most of us would perish within a single month, yet today most of our needs are taken care of if we contribute to our society or the walls we live in.

Elon musk sums it up great;

But that's not necessarily a bad thing. "If a civilization stops advancing then that may be due to some calamitous event that erases civilization," Musk said, presenting two options. "Either we're going to create simulations that are indistinguishable from reality, or civilization will cease to exist."

Link - Article

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LauGhing0ne

Could not a scientific investigation into it produce the Truth one way or the other ? ......

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Could not a scientific investigation into it produce the Truth one way or the other ?

If all of our "reality" is contained within an illusion, there wouldn't be any ways to access the solution as it's all illusion. The "entirety" of the illusion that we knew all about when we signed up to come here.

There's no way out, except to shed our meat suits and start again.
WooHoo
edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My belief is that our souls experiences multiple realities like tuning into multiple radio stations. So this belief that we are just simulation is not that far off. Perhaps our souls are stuck in some type of black hole and we only experience realities in some type of communal experience. Somewhat like playing multiple mmo games all at once.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

My belief is that our souls experiences multiple realities like tuning into multiple radio stations.

Yup, we experience this constantly. Like sleeping and daydreaming.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Nothing too different from what the ancients believed. That this world is but a mere reflection of the 'real' world of truth, the one we become part of after this physical realm.

The terminology of the word 'simulation' has led people to believe that this is a new concept.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

a simulation is a good excuse
where does it stop ?
i wake up , the world was a lie
now what ? im in another simulation ?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I guess for some it is called reincarnation. It's when your soul tunes back into the same or similar reality.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

pointless dream existence is

but im bitter

good luck

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
There are some serious people doing some serious research into this.
But till they have answers, think about this:

Nested simulations
The existence of simulated reality is unprovable in any concrete sense: any "evidence" that is directly observed could be another simulation itself. In other words, there is an infinite regress problem with the argument. Even if we are a simulated reality, there is no way to be sure the beings running the simulation are not themselves a simulation, and the operators of that simulation are not a simulation.

"Recursive simulation involves a simulation, or an entity in the simulation, creating another instance of the same simulation, running it and using its results" (Pooch and Sullivan 2000).
Thanks wikipedia! en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-6-2016 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

If this is a simulation then someone in the heavens is making a lot of money. Have you ever felt like some unknown power just nudged you in all the wrong directions?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Wasn't that the plot of 'The Matrix' movies?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Pretty sure Camp Kill said this a while ago. I forget his ATS member name, but he is on here.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: GreenGunther

Wasn't that the plot of 'The Matrix' movies?

The plots for us to question ourselves and everything around us. Which we should, just not like they want us to.

Don't worry about anything, it ain't real anyway…

its not really happening, go back to sleep.

edit on 2-6-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

Pretty sure Camp Kill said this a while ago. I forget his ATS member name, but he is on here.

It is Mr Mask. That's his name. Hope he chimes in and smites this Musk guy............ .......

(post by PasstorealOutreach removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 27 2021 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The exact same things other than specialized or compartmentalised knowledge have been repeated ad nauseam... the basic math the basic language etc etc over and over and over such a thing is common ground. That common ground being drawn from is thirtsy for new and wants to break out of the stereotype.

Montessori is such a thing...

Accreditation is the thing most people challenge... one has to have those core elements in order to receive a high school diploma. However the standardization or CAT suffices if the person was able by CAT standards to keep passing that as a test? Then they could graduate just the same as if they had all of their credits as a federal standard. It's something typically not known... like how did that kid that slept all day in class the four times they were present and didn't go to summer school show up in the same grade as everyone else the next year? The CAT... if they failed that? Then well held back or summer schooled to get the credits required.

People bored to death with core... typically had parents leap starting them in letters numbers etc and well knowing all that it made them bored or appear smart or perhaps both. None of that before hand is likely more beneficial so it isn't seen as remedial or oh I know this...

That sort of thing catches up to the person the the bored of I didn't learn this before I got here like that other stuff and then their mind regresses back to when they started and tries to play catch up or feels stupid where they once felt smart. Sort of like a lagg gifted sometimes is too focused on that takes them out of regular classes and class work so when that ends they are dumped into the regular school body as if they never even left it. Gifted in English? I had NO math at all until what is known as the 6th grade... here's fractional equations, functions, and graphing for algebra and I still hadn't learn 2+2 but had English at the college level.

Making up for that deficit in math took me all the way until college to make up through self learning and study as the teachers weren't teaching the alpha properly they were using t in algebra saying it can be anything when it means TIME unless otherwise defined no matter where you see it r for RATE the very same way etc etc that they didn't teach if they did? Math, logic, chemistry, and physics would coalesce into making sense as easily graspable. The it can be anything put those on more difficult to comprehend levels when it came to they mean something and not just some random junk variable. Learning what they meant on my own made up for that deficit. When I told a college math professor that that is how they taught that a through z didn't mean anything anywhere else... she said I'm not surprised since teachers get stuck teaching the same math classes they don't need to know it any other way... and ignoring what they are simply made their job easier and on the short side of it made them insurpassible as a math educator or "the limit is the sky" not letting that educator be the sky is the important thing.

The hero that surpasses the statue gets to tear that statute or colossus down not really physically but mentally... of course not erecting their own statue otherwise resting on those laurels, the past is cut off and one can attain even further like don't bother me until you surpass Socrates. Socrates considered one of the greatest philosophers was very happy to know nothing and as frustrating it was in all his knowledge? He couldn't teach it... how to arrive at emptiness or peace in the realization that all you know is just as void and meaningless as silence itself in all of those that refuse to remain silent and accept it's teachings have yet to realize they create their own problems the emptiness doesn't the void doesn't the silence doesn't ruminating on yesterday's meal as if it still existed does.

A conundrum or great doubt is a good thing to challenge oneself and leave others out of it. Intellectual pursuits and pursuers are rarely interested in physical pursuits like a dog playing fetch with balls or serving such people it's not that one is greater than the other it just means ignorance to happiness exists in those pursuits some people are so so happy to watch sports and support it... yay good it makes you happy Beam me up Scotty I'm in hell is all that other pursuit no matter what it is can say. Obviously vice versa lets go to a museum or art gallery instead of sports lets go hear a lecture from the professor that holds open house on thermal dynamics obviously beam me up Scotty I'm in hell... and that's ok. It's good that it is that way no peace needs to be made between them as they know how to go find their own and remain happy with it.

Simulation concepts not yet formed out of hypothesis into a known model that works with everything else already in the model... theory hypothesis real as those not real or working by the entire models standards as of yet. Remember Socrates? Everything before and upto Socrates? Safe. All of those models work nce and solid nothing to lose staying there... the status quo. Comfortable and happy in whatever it is they are happy and comfortable in but don't expect others to stick around that go beyond or don't even bother with them as what some refer to as a paradigm.

CAT was the balance or Socrates for normal average nothing need to go beyond it as a wall of safety or else existential crisis may occur... tradition is another term for it.

Evolution is adaptation to adversity there is no possible way to debate it or every fish would look alike have the same behaviors same with birds etc. the only place that is found is in arthropods and what most people call a human "normal" think perfection is in the concept of "oneness" it should be called a concept of sickness since humans are far outnumbered by arthropods as well as every other species alive and altogether.

So simulation assimilation is the same as authoritarian you will learn to like it know your role yadda yadda yadda... computers as a basic one and zero system on and off one and zero is their base or arthropod the programs like sports or intellectual pursuits no different than socrates is safe... or sandboxed.

Not running out of one's range is to by test and error is to sandbox oneself into where they know they are safe and not safe... like riding a bicycle yeah i'm not very steady and fifty yards or so I want to stop if not sooner that's a personal sandbox same as I'm such an alcoholic I'm going to drink one six pack a day instead of three or four sandboxing until you've met your own personal comfort zone.

Theoretical, odd that science give theology a nod like it is divine inspiration instead of the perspiration of arduous study.

The warning signs of too arduous... not enough sleep not enough food not enough personal care... as the subject has overtaken one as a passion and like the alcoholic gaining tolerance for lack of sleep lack of food lack of self care things start to go down hill. Plus it's the same as can't see the forest for all the trees... while sleeping proper while eating proper while personal caring proper that's when the coellece happens however personal discipline finishes the meal finishes the sleep finishes the personal care the coalescing inspiration was the thank you for taking the time to do that like a relationship that says your smothering or suffocating me; the same can and does happen in non human and human contacts.

edit on 27-12-2021 by Crowfoot because: editing

top topics

join