It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Wants a 'Penetrating Counter-Air' System Within 14 years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

Pissed off a few people over the unbelievable dumb luck.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Pissed off a few people over the unbelievable dumb luck.

Point us in a general direction

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

There isn't one. It was a personal thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
Too bad, i could use some luck.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

“The penetrating capabilities of PCA will allow the stand-in application of kinetic and non-kinetic effects from the air domain.” In other words, the PCA could be a highly stealthy manned fighter or drone whose main job is find targets for other systems to attack.

warisboring.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
With increasing information slowly dripping, maybe we can get an idea of the general specs of this platform:aviationweek.com...

I have a feeling that they are looking at the sensor-shooter that Deptula talked about referring to LRSB but in the role of air superiority, meaning super cruise capability and long range with big load of AA and HARM weapons (for a fighter) and even some form of DEW. No dogfight, but moderate G at supersonic speeds with stealth and efficient engines.

My bet it is that this project is capitalizing, among others, from the ESAV studies (tailless supersonic) and transfiguring the strike role into SAM smashing, coupled with BVR air to air and sensor fusion to relay to B21 and other platforms.
Maybe economic and political conditions let this bird to born, in that case in combination with the Raider can make a formidable projection force, helping the bomber to cut through dense defenses.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Fastmover

I'm actually working on an interesting theory. I'm hoping to hear back from some people as to if I'm even close. It would make sense with some of the comments and things going on lately.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Build an air battle ship for christs sake.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

That BoLock is being the fighter based on their B-21 proposal?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

There won't be an actual fighter. It's going to be larger and less maneuverable, but far more capable, even though it'll have an F designation.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It'll be called a fighter so the fighter mafia won't have to curl up in a corner and rock back and forth whimpering.

I have to wonder if a black KC-Z is already underway as well. That might placate Boeing over the B-21.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stabstab

Can America survive an all out nuclear attack or not?
At WHAT point do the TR3B type vehicles show up?
Could SOMEBODY gimmie a scenario without tipping hats here?

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I couldn't imagine there not being a KC-Z or something in the pipeline, it's the biggest weakness for any sort of stealthy strike package containing F-22s or F-35s. As soon as your # starts exploding and you suspect it, get what you can airborne and zerg-rush the tankers. Assuming a large RTB cost for the raptors, you'd end up with a large number ditching, especially if any had to spend gas maneuvering in any real capacity.

This is assuming the enemy has a large enough air force to survive a first strike with enough to zerg the tankers of course.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: hawkguy

KC-Z is still at the study stage. They tried a few things over the years, but it didn't work well, so they've had to go back to the drawing board a few times. They think they have it licked, but they're still a few years away from the next test.

posted on Nov, 2 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Are rudders a thing of the past now?

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

I'm actually working on an interesting theory. I'm hoping to hear back from some people as to if I'm even close. It would make sense with some of the comments and things going on lately.

Great! I hope you can share some points when/if you get that feedback

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yes it would be interesting

The Boeing proposal Fighter look a little like the 2014 Texas sighting ?

edit on 3-11-2016 by darksidius because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius
Hypothetically Amarillo could be LockBo LRSB prototype, so one could imagine some kind of genetic resemblance.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
May be in fact every company will win for futur , B-21 Northrop and futur PCA boeing / LockMart and all the compay will have a lot of work for decade in the futur.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

The thing is that could be more programs ahead that money to pay for them, so some tough decisions await.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join