It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Prof Endorses Severing Hands, Blasphemy Laws

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

what if you steal because you are starving ?
what if you steal because the corrupt police pushed you out your home ?
what if you steal too feed someone else who is starving ?

internet warriors who learn about the world sitting on their ass
have such sound wisdom

" only a fool would steal if they knew they would lose a limb," -

you obviously do not know the desperation that many face
when your children are starving too death and you have no home

" only a fool would deny that it works "

No only a fool would believe that it does
has the barbarism of previous civilizations taught you nothing

Its disgusting that anyone thinks capital punishment really works
innocents suffer, criminals are pushed further underground

Did civilization rob you of your soul too ?

il cut off your hand for stealing IS A PETTY MORAL REACTION
edit on 2-6-2016 by kibric because: edit

edit on 2-6-2016 by kibric because: edit

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tommo39
There goes your "freedom of speech" in Florida, people.

Erm no.

This is just one nutcase spouting off crazy ideas.

You have a nation of 300 million.

Some of those are going to spout #.

Hell you got americans wanting slavery back, Americans wanting communism, Americans wanting to start WW3, Americans wanting a Christan theorcray..... You will find a American supporting any crazy arse view! Hell you could probably find a American who wnats to mine cheese on the moon.

This is one lone nut case with no power.

So no Freedom of speech is not dead, nor is Sharia law comeing to the USA.

This is just some crazy guy spouting off crap, proof that freedom of speech exists.
edit on 2-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

I'm hardly one you could classify as a muslim extremists, hell, I dislike ALL religions, however I guess I'm weird because I think that severing limbs for theft crimes may be an idea to consider.

Surely I can't be the only one tired of society pandering to thieves...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sharia Law is the new FEMA camps! Lord when will the stupidity end?

I wonder if islamaObamaphobia will end in January 2016, or if we'll invent a new coming soon end of America?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

You know what Kubrick you are absolutely right
I totally understand your point, your position and your argument

No obviously it's not, should I repeat it again, no obviously it's not about chopping the hands of people who are in desperate need
It's not about someone who has a car accident and kills someone losing their head

I am sorry some people can't apply even a drop of common sense on the Internet, just bully for an argument

I am not a Muslim but I am pretty sure they can also be charitable, have compassion on the less fortunate, pretty sure.
Cutting of someone's hands for a petty crime is a petty reaction
Cutting off hands for a serious crime, it could well be justifiable, better than incarcerating people for endless years

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

i should of taken your comment with a pinch of salt

" Cutting off hands for a serious crime, it could well be justifiable, better than incarcerating people for endless years "

does punishment require violence for justice to be done ?

the notion is a step backward for humans

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Instead of cutting off hands to stop muslim crime maybe we should just kick out the muslims, problem solved.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

This guys reasoning is ridiculous, setting the example with capital punishment does nothing to deter crime. Wish more people were so outraged about it. Guess they only have issue with it when it is coming from a muslim.

Expressing outrage would be Islamophobic. He is speaking about the religion of peace.

Speaking of which ... why are you so Islamophobic?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

If humanity is to ever evolve, we must move beyond band-aid treatments for a condition that requires a permanent fix.

Severing limbs because someone stole is a reactive measure and in no way dissuades others from committing similar crimes, a testament to this is that the practice is still being exercised today so clearly the message ain't getting through.

His opinion is noted but rife with flaws.....in my opinion.

great post!

So there is no theft in countries dominated by Islam.

0_o

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Thankfully the US Constitution was written by people who had a good understanding of how Organised Religion is incompatible with "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness"

Branding, Thumbscrews and the Rack were rejected in favour of Due Process and the Assumption of Innocence.

If the "Professor" has US citizenship his Oath of Allegiance might have been taken with his fingers crossed.

Perhaps he should be asked about that?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Good one! Aren't strawman's great?

You all create this world where that exists, but people speak out against it all the time. That term is about being blindly afraid of anyone and anything Islam. Like seeing a person who you may think is Muslim and assuming the worst of that person with based on nothing but his appearance.

Sharia law reminds me of the people who say we should shoot the people crossing our borders...
edit on ndThu, 02 Jun 2016 22:03:11 -0500America/Chicago620161180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Snarl

So you agree with this guy then?
Because that seems to be his fundamental point, that if you have this strict punishment, then his example, you will see crime decrease and sharia law provides that.

So you would suggest a hug, kiss, pat on the back

You do know they have prisons for punishment because punishment works, pretty clear this beat them with a feather punishment doesn't work

Please note that The US is going down the toilet

Would it work, are you kidding me, you bet it works and only a fool would deny that it works, only a fool would steal if they knew they would lose a limb, maybe it wouldn't work in the US

Yes I totally suggest hugs and kisses!
Why do you think our prison system 'works'? People who go to prison are likely to go back, the only working function they have is to hold you in a building until you served your sentence around other people who committed crimes. Not to say they don't serve a function and that we need to do away with them completely. Just think we could use more rehab then retention.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: draoicht

If the "Professor" has US citizenship his Oath of Allegiance might have been taken with his fingers crossed.
Yes all muslims in USA would have taken the oath but it would be meaningless. The koran states there is no other than allah, not king, president or human laws. All allegiance must be to allah. (not exact words but same meaning) If you want exact you can google, cheers....

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

i should of taken your comment with a pinch of salt

" Cutting off hands for a serious crime, it could well be justifiable, better than incarcerating people for endless years "

does punishment require violence for justice to be done ?

the notion is a step backward for humans

Wow, that sounds very christian of you.
Though I dont think you live in a christian society, dont think your society allows religion to run it either.

In case you havnt noticed, try read a newspaper

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

So you would suggest a hug, kiss, pat on the back

You do know they have prisons for punishment because punishment works, pretty clear this beat them with a feather punishment doesn't work

Please note that The US is going down the toilet

Would it work, are you kidding me, you bet it works and only a fool would deny that it works, only a fool would steal if they knew they would lose a limb, maybe it wouldn't work in the US

Jail has only existed for 250 years, yet crime used to be kept under control just fine. America's crime rate is rather high, despite our severe punishments. Perhaps you would like to look at Europe, where crime rates are much lower, and then look at their criminal justice systems? Harsh punishments only serve to harden criminals and provide motivation to do whatever it takes to not be caught.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Well please feel free to believe what you would like to believe, I think somewhat differently

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   

our opinions do not make us so different

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Well please feel free to believe what you would like to believe, I think somewhat differently

So you're saying that the only reason you don't steal your neighbors stuff and murder them is because of a specific punishment, and that if it were a different one you would do it?

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

That guy should be focusing on the abuse of women and what to cut off for rapists and wife beaters who offend against the laws of the land.

I am a great believer that religion should be a private thing because once it gets to political levels with its aspirants getting themselves into positions of power and law making or advisory yet influential positions, they can bully everyone else. Religion is sacred and not a means to get what control you can over others.

Some of these religious as so bigoted, violent and psychopathic we would be better with them off the streets and not contaminating children's minds etc - whom they target to work/slave as foot soldiers for them in order to ensure their nasty ambitions are met.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

So you're saying that the only reason you don't steal your neighbors stuff and murder them is because of a specific punishment, and that if it were a different one you would do it?

You can assume whatever you would like to assume.

A thought, if there was no police, no fines, no fear of losing my licence, I would spend a lot more time on one wheel

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join