It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wash your feggin hands people

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: violet

I don't use antibacterial soaps.
I garden with no gloves, but I wash my hands once I'm done.

Try as you might, I shall not be convinced being hygienic is a disorder one needs curing of.

Okay! So then, you accidentally gave the impression that you're neurotic about it.

And you have explained your behavior in a way that some of us have misinterpreted.....

Gardening without gloves is perfectly fine. It is, by definition, "frolicking in dirt"....
good on you!!

Yeah, washing your hands before eating a sandwich? Fine. No issue. Are you going to flip out about the few dark specks of dirt that remain under your fingernails? Are you going to take a nail-brush and chisel to your fingers?

Or are you simply going to carry on without worrying about it?

That, dearest violet, is the issue.

Haha ok.

Eventually I do take a nail brush to my fingernails, but not right away.. I only do it because it doesn't look very attractive to be going around with black under my nails! Is that ok? im quite sure it or nail brushes wouldn't have been invented. It's not like I can't eat a sandwich until I have or anything. I garden a lot and can't stand gloves because I like to get my hands in there and feel what I'm doing!

If I gsve the impression I was a nutcase I can't help that. As I said earlier I just jumped into to add to the thread on what the op asked, it was a rant, so I ranted , but I'm not going around telling people they have to follow my retarded personal hygiene rules. I keep it private. If that makes sense? Wasn' t private on here because none of you know me or care

edit on 2-6-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I only do it because it doesn't look very attractive to be going around with black under my nails! Is that ok? im quite sure it or nail brushes wouldn't have been invented. It's not like I can't eat a sandwich until I have or anything. I garden a lot and can't stand gloves because I like to get my hands in there and feel what I'm doing!

All right then!!!!

YAY!!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can no longer read this thread.

You lasted longer than me

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So what have we learned here?

Some are hygienic and wash their hands.

Others, like myself, are disgusting bastards who toilet in the woods like big grizzly bears.

So awkward group hug everyone!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Ohhhh, sweaty hands! This is such a tough issue. If someone offers to shake your hand, and your palm is sweaty/clammy...what should you do? Refusing is rude, and can seriously affect new business relationships.

This probably causes high blood pressure for people with sweaty palms, as well as social awkwardness. For the dry handed shaker? They probably think, umm, unpleasant, mark the person as a sweaty guy, and totally move on with their day.

start a new tradition...bump fists instead of shaking hands

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Isn't overuse of anti-bacteria how things like MERSA start? The bacteria that resists anti-biotics?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I eat on the run a lot during work hours. And my hands usually get very dirty. I always carry around a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of disinfecting wipes for when I can't get to some soap and a sink.

I just won't eat with my hands unless they are clean. I'm not about to start putting god-knows-what in my mouth; especially after shaking your hand. Yeah, it's probably not a big deal, but...no, just. no.

I find it incredibly disgusting when people eat without cleaning their hands. I see it a lot in co-workers, public restaurants, meeting new friends, and family etc.

Why? Why do people do this? I hope their immune systems are all the better for all that exposure. Part of the reason I am careful with hand-washing is because my immune system is not that excellent.

It's sickening. WASH YOUR HANDS! Don't even get me started on post-bathroom habits. I actually saw one guy come from a stall, go into the mirror, and slick back his hair. WASH YOUR FEGGIN' HANDS PEOPLE!

I am curious what other disgusting, but benign, habits you notice in people. I'll concede one of mine right now. My allergies are usually going crazy and my nose is either stuffy or runny. I am one of those perpetual sniffers.

We've made great strides since times past. In pre toilet paper times the hand shake was set up to use the right hand because the left hand was the one to be used for wiping an ass.

I am likely one you may gripe at. Why you ask? Because I never get sick, never carry sanitizer or care to, and never sticks my fingers into my mouth. Maybe the allergies are so flared up because every little thing is killed with sanitizer and antibodies can't be built up when the small critters are introduced in small volumes? Consider it practice for the big dance...

The things that happen on the surface of our skin are amazing. Here's one that may interest you, or make you add your face to your sanitizing regimen: Did you know that on our faces reside a large population of face spiders? Yep, and they grow in numbers as we age. They do not live on infants for some reason... my guess is they like to eat dead skin cells and help us out. I usually just feed them by not wiping my face after I eat!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Hello. I never ever get sick and I don't often wash my hands and prefer to be dirtier. I also have dumpster dived really tasty food over and eaten people's leftovers at a combined 40 times, at least. Even meat and eggs, and have never become sick from it, as far as I know. The whole earth is 'dirty' and so am I. Even if I can't see the dirt , germs and fecal after, it is there.

Why don't I care to be clean? Because cleanliness is an illusion.

edit on 3-6-2016 by Keyouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-6-2016 by Keyouse because: Forgot stuff. Woops!

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Can you cite where I claimed to do this?

Hey take it easy friend

It's the internet doing it's thing. If you'd said "I like peaches," you'd be asked to explain what's so wrong with oranges Mr High n Mighty?! So you support child labour? Where do you think peaches come from?

Or "Urgh, you disgust me. That girl is DEAD and think of her poor father..."

"Hate bananas do ya? Why, you social justice lovin' bastard. You know who else hates bananas? Muslims!!"

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

agreed thats why i think humans have such a great relationship with dogs, because they bolster our immune system, dogs will like everything then their human friends transferring bacteria , but not just bad bacteria good ones too !

for thousands of years they lick us , if they stop tomorrow guaranteed we will see some new diseases take hold . People who dont let dogs lick them are the ones who will have worse immune systems .

my dogs lick me every day and after a while it can become annoying but I reckon they dont just do it because " awww they love us" no they are doing it because they want to keep up the symbiotic relationship , we feed them and give protection , they protect us and give healthy immune systems. Same as little kids picking the bogeys and eating them !

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong I always wash my hands after I use the restroom but anything else if their isn't water around I'm not gonna die if I don't wash my hands. For instance last weekend I was camping I made a bunch of steaks which were raw of course had to grill them up along with a few other things. Sure I handled raw meat..did I was my hands? No. I'm a welder/fitter by trade so if my sandwich doesn't have a healthy dusting of metal shavings on it, it doesn't seem to be right

Personal hygiene is a must after the bathroom. Anything else a quick rinse of the hands will even do. Triclosan and other anti bacterial soaps are not very good for you I believe they weaken the immune system IMO

bigthink.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

If your that concerned about hands.

Prolly avoid public restrooms all together then eh ?

NASTIEST place a person can go.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Can you cite where I claimed to do this?

Hey take it easy friend

It's the internet doing it's thing. If you'd said "I like peaches," you'd be asked to explain what's so wrong with oranges Mr High n Mighty?! So you support child labour? Where do you think peaches come from?

Or "Urgh, you disgust me. That girl is DEAD and think of her poor father..."

"Hate bananas do ya? Why, you social justice lovin' bastard. You know who else hates bananas? Muslims!!"

I don't like when words are put in my mouth. Especially if they haven't been triple-washed like those bags of salad mix.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

I eat on the run a lot during work hours. And my hands usually get very dirty. I always carry around a bottle of hand sanitizer and a roll of disinfecting wipes for when I can't get to some soap and a sink.

I just won't eat with my hands unless they are clean. I'm not about to start putting god-knows-what in my mouth; especially after shaking your hand. Yeah, it's probably not a big deal, but...no, just. no.

I find it incredibly disgusting when people eat without cleaning their hands. I see it a lot in co-workers, public restaurants, meeting new friends, and family etc.

Why? Why do people do this? I hope their immune systems are all the better for all that exposure. Part of the reason I am careful with hand-washing is because my immune system is not that excellent.

It's sickening. WASH YOUR HANDS! Don't even get me started on post-bathroom habits. I actually saw one guy come from a stall, go into the mirror, and slick back his hair. WASH YOUR FEGGIN' HANDS PEOPLE!

I am curious what other disgusting, but benign, habits you notice in people. I'll concede one of mine right now. My allergies are usually going crazy and my nose is either stuffy or runny. I am one of those perpetual sniffers.

Humans and their pre-human ancestors probably ate garbage and scavenged a lot of corpses. You shouldn't be wondering why people are so "dirty", but why you're such a germaphobe and how much the soap and sanitizer companies make off you each year playing into the phobia they've created in your mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   

a reply to: schuyler

Well I'm a little bit OCD, you're a little bit rock 'n' roll.

Does the dirty one ever then mock you for rinsing the "already clean dishes"? Oof I know that one.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It also cuts down on overuse of saliva. Then you can spit that saliva aaaallllll over public streets and transit.

If it's good enough for a llama it's good enough for me. #Llamalivematter

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

If you're watching people taking a dump I think hand washing may be the least of your concerns.

Yeah, because I'm sure he went into the stall and made grunting noises for some other reason.

Admit it you 2 were playing Battle#s and you're just mad because he sunk your Battle#.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I only actually read the title... (omg I know I'm a terrible person) but I will say this...

Even if you are not usually a "clean" person, remember that some people do not have a choice on whether or not to neglect health and get sick. I have 2 autoimmune diseases as well as a multitude of vitamin deficiencies and I can tell you that there is nothing scarier than people who don't wash their hands and want to touch everything. Please listen to the OP and wash your Damn hands!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
...I can tell you that there is nothing scarier than people who don't wash their hands and want to touch everything.

Did you ever meet my friend TechniXcality?

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

I as my hands when I am at home, otherwise not very much. Society brings lotsa trouble, so its not bad idea for bit of hygiene, yet the rule should be that each person needs some training of his immune system, so not to degrade, this meaning that not to get fanatic about the washing and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join