It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE @ Long Beach City College 7PM EST.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Konduit

the jacked up part is now they'll just make bomb threats at every event to get it canceled

This is a new wave of violence. When did it become okay to infringe upon civil liberties?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Shame, I would have liked to see him continue to pwn those that despise him. Never mind, I'm sure I'll get my chance to enjoy his debating again when he attends other Uni's during his Dangerous Faggot tour.

Hopefully those Uni's will have students who are tolerant enough to allow constructive dialogue because, and you have to laugh at the ironic beauty of it, every time his speeches are shut down his popularity increases - just like his 'Daddy' when violence erupts outside of his rallies.

Clearly there is a pattern here, even blind Freddy can see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's ironic because the event is hosted by the Free Speech Society.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This may be a little off topic, although it has been brought up a few times in the thread, can someone please explain this "triggering" thing to me?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Sargeras

engaging in violence and illegal acts to try to silence him?

I would posit that you would know about violence and illegal acts, soldier, since you participated in an illegal war...

So did I, and many others, that served out of honor, to let people like you say things like this.

Keep telling yourself that, you may convince yourself it's true, but it's not, and it's not honourable either...

Who are YOU to make such a statement? Is that the same mouth you kiss your mom with?
You can disagree, you can be hateful, but if you have not been there then you have no way to measure the honour you are attempting to disparage.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

I am human.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

a reply to: JohnthePhilistine

I am human.

Pictures or it didn't happen. Silly milo.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
ITS OVER, comments disabled strange milo has said nothing about this

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'm bummed if it is cancelled.. shame

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

ITS OVER, comments disabled strange milo has said nothing about this

That's the most concerning part.

There is no word on what happened to him.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
What would happen if right wingers started shutting down liberal events? My guess is national media outrage.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Konduit

Perhaps you did not understand the question.

One of the issues he tries to use "statistics" to debunk is 'rape culture'. .

You're completely missing his point. He's debunking the rape statistics used here in the US to claim it's a rape culture, then pointing to an actual rape culture and explaining that based on these faulty statistics, it worse here than there. You're so key'd up to dismiss whatever Milo says that you're not even understanding his point.

Do you feel the tactics used to silence Milo and people with his point of view are "legal protesting"? Would you be ok with right wingers shutting down left wing speech in the same way?
edit on 2-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Milo has made great strides for homosexual men in America. People who would have once labelled his life style as deviant are now embracing him. That's impressive in my book congratulations milo for turning some right wingers views on homosexuality around. Certainly gets my respect

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

LOOKING AT PEOPLE IS NOT RAPE.

I'm an "old man" at a university, attending after retiring from the military.

It is very much human nature for a man to steal glances at a woman, especially when they are running around in yoga pants, leggings, or even "boy shorts" on campus. That being said I feel a little like Clint Eastwood in his older years when I tell younger guys to have "some decency" when they are staring a little too hard at the female population at school.

It's one thing to be admired, it's another thing all together to be made to feel uncomfortable.

As a conservative Republican - Eye Rape probably is a real thing and is far more widespread than discussed. I have no doubt that left unchecked it leads to further feelings of disassociation in some individuals and in a few cases can lead to those individuals acting on their impulses. A "gateway" fetish if that makes any kind of sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

I agree. That does not mean the comparison by Milo is applicable, and that does not mean we cannot address the issue within our own society before it reaches the level in the Congo.

This line of thinking requires a level of nuance many people, supporters of Milo in this case, are incapable of. Either rape levels need to be at the levels of war torn countries or it's not an issue all together. There are no shades of grey, only black and white.

Don't much care for Milo. At least to me, he appears to be a right wing reactionary symptom of excessive left wing SJW's and Feminists. The whole lot of them can go jump off of a tall building for all I care. Sewing dissent wherever they can, and making their names by creating divisions that need not exist.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: GD21D

This line of thinking requires a level of nuance many people, supporters of Milo in this case, are incapable of. Either rape levels need to be at the levels of war torn countries or it's not an issue all together. There are no shades of grey, only black and white.

Who made that argument? Not Milo.

Milo says that rape is an issue in the US, it's just not a rape culture like the left likes to lie about on a regular basis in order to push their political agendas.
edit on 2-6-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 200Plus

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad

LOOKING AT PEOPLE IS NOT RAPE.

I'm an "old man" at a university, attending after retiring from the military.

It is very much human nature for a man to steal glances at a woman, especially when they are running around in yoga pants, leggings, or even "boy shorts" on campus. That being said I feel a little like Clint Eastwood in his older years when I tell younger guys to have "some decency" when they are staring a little too hard at the female population at school.

It's one thing to be admired, it's another thing all together to be made to feel uncomfortable.

As a conservative Republican - Eye Rape probably is a real thing and is far more widespread than discussed. I have no doubt that left unchecked it leads to further feelings of disassociation in some individuals and in a few cases can lead to those individuals acting on their impulses. A "gateway" fetish if that makes any kind of sense.

If someone is staring at me and making me feel uncomfortable I have the choice to acknowledge it ignore it. They make the choice to stare, I make the choice to not let it effect me.

Linking a basic biological behavior with the atrocities such as rape (which arguably in some circles is also a biological urge...but that is another debate entirely) is just crude and disrespectful to real victims. People who suffered at the physical hands of another would never associate them being the same thing because they aren't. You can choose to ignore people staring, you can't choose to ignore rape.

Please note that my general disgust at this topic is not geared towards you or any other individual. Its simply holding my tongue, as a woman, for so long as others parade and exploit the suffering of others for their own personal agenda.
edit on 2-6-2016 by SomeDumbBroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is there an event tonight?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

There is a podcast being made right now with Adam Carolla and I think a live stream tonight

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Milo Yiannopoulos and his videos are being discussed in this earlier thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

edit on Thu Jun 2 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join