It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I (BoX) believe the Religion of Scientism is looming very hazardously on the near horizon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

In essence you are absolutely correct.

But ideally, science and religion walk hand in hand to explain, or help to explain the Universe, and our place in it.

Einstein once said, rather famously

Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.

Science brings the "how" into the questions about the Universe. Religion may give us the "why". With both, the Universe becomes all the more wondrous.

Both can be used without corrupting the other.

I see your point, but religion has a fundamental need to tell its followers that there is a point to our existence. Science on the other hand tells us that we simply exist, albeit with some desires to creating more of us. I for one do not believe that there's a giant kindly bearded man in the sky telling me what to do in a . Given the nature of reality, I would have to doubt the kindliness - not to mention the sanity - of any such creature. Why should there be any such 'why'? We evolved. For all we know, we are one of many in the universe.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

You are welcome to be a loftier grammar expert than I am. I think my poor grammar still communicated to most folks that what was looming was not nice or wonderful.

It's not THAT high a priority, to me. I find that level of concern over grammar to be overly prissy.

Otherwise, it doesn't appear that we share enough of a common dictionary to have a remotely fruitful or meaningful dialogue.

Enjoy your construction on reality . . . while you can.

'While I can'??? I'm sorry, but what does that even mean? Is it a threat? Is it a statement that I don't understand reality or something?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

1. Science AS A RELIGION will be morphed into a purported oligarchy/ET managed enterprise supported by the oligarchy's minions and stooges around the world.

when will it morph?
so who is the current leader of this oligarchy? who was the previous leader?

2. Said enterprise will be sold (via mass media control and dramatic demonstrations of exotic technologies and even spiritual dramas) as essential for the preservation of the planet and of mankind.

what enterprise, what exotic technologies?
bit of a broad spectrum, do you mean rockets taking people into space, penicillin or the internet used on computers, tablets and phones, all via science.
spiritual dramas like the christians 'left behind' films? proclaiming science wrong and prayer as a cure all?

3. Said enterprise will REQUIRE all governments and all religions to submit to 'THEIR' purported truths, purported facts, systems, structures, administration. They will be the ultimate and tyrannical arbiters of TRUTH, of REALITY and . . . of LIFE. Dissenters will be initially ridiculed and cast aside as archaic and clueless. Then they will begin to be exterminated. Then they will be hunted and exterminated--as far as allowed by The Supreme Boss.

what enterprise, you're repeating yourself.
when is this going to happen?
people that believe a burning, talking bush helped write a book have to be questioned, flatly accepting that would open yourself up for ridicule.

4. The SATURATED CONDITIONING via the Religion of Scientism will motivate a huge percentage of the general populace disaffected, dissatisfied, mangled by, turned off by traditional religions--it will motivate them to get on board the NEW WORLD ORDER "realities" in a huge way with much glee and abandon--including abandon of almost all reason and critical thinking.

this isnt about religion of science, this is more the defence from creationists against scientific fact.
a localised flood 4000 years ago in the middle east helped create the millions of years old fjords and canyons how exactly?
hindus, sikhs and buddhists, all much older than judaism which christianity spawned from, don't have issues with disaffected, dissatisfied members.
why?

5. The alternate, non-Israeli, non-Christian religions will be masterfully morphed into the same enterprise with great cleverness and forcefulness. There will be few dissenters from most of those ranks. Islam will likely be a central theme or their purported Mahdi will lead the morphing transition with wild acclaim from worldwide Islam. Even major percentages of traditional "Christianity" will be morphed into said enterprise--probably particularly the Roman Church--but also lots of other traditional and some not so traditional Christian groups. . . . e.g. Rick Warren et al.

islam, like christianity spawned from judaism.
hindus, sikhs and buddhists morph into, what exactly?

6. One of the reasons that the Religion of Scientism is SUCH a powerful tool toward such goals IS EXACTLY the emotionally intense RELIGIOUS aspect of it. IF it were merely objective science, it would NOT be near that powerful. It is PRECISELY BECAUSE it has been morphed into a genuine RELIGION, that it has become SOOOO powerful.

you're not stating a fact, again, you're stating your belief.
show me an example of a burning bush talking and i'll give religion time, my wifi works due to science.

7. Truth in the abstract is not a very emotionally intense motivator. WHEN truth (and even a lie successfully sold as truth) effectively hooks one's deep inner emotions--for whatever reasons--THEN the motivation in support of such notions becomes VERY powerful. So, the earth goes around the sun. Ho Hum. The notion that believing so might just result in one's personal eternal damnation--though hideously false--when believed--becomes an intense motivator.

1999 was the year the church accepted the earth moves around the sun, ho hum indeed.
the church killed galileo for saying this.
when your truth is that a burning bush once talked and, damnation awaits non believers...

8. Similarly, WHEN the notion that one's belief in SCIENCE AS GOD becomes heralded as THE NEW UNIVERSAL TRUEST TRUTH--how motivatingly wonderful. One is thrilled that one can finally do whatever the blazes one wants with however many bed-mates in however many positions and the god of science will be dispassionately uncaring and permissive. How thrilling, freeing, liberating . . . or not, really.

so you agree with islamists stoning girls to death for adultery.
it is still the law in christianity.
john f kennedy a multiple philanderer was also catholic.
many married under the eyes of god commit adultery.
this argument collapses immediately.

9. And to think that the NEW WORLD ORDER has 'proven' the 'truth' of all such constructions on reality and all such allegiances makes it all the more emotionally wonderful. Most folks love to be on the cutting edge of a major paradigm shift. All the more so given that it's advertised as liberating, freeing, 'objective,' if-it-feels-good-do-it as the new approved cardinal doctrine that the Religion of Science is either silent on or approving of, even applauding.

you're using the internet and either a tablet, computer or phone, hypocrite.

10. Choices have consequences even though the oligarchy tries to indoctrinate folks into the notion that such is not the case. Some things are life-giving and some things are life-taking.

what oligarchy? who leads it? repeating a lie dosent make it true.
power of prayer cured cancer when?

11. In and of itself--pure, mostly objective science is merely a tool. Turned into a religion--AS IT HAS BEEN--it is deadly.

again, repeating science is a religion dosent make it true.
yes, science has killed many, however wars fought in the name of god dwarfs that number.
the real evil here being?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

1. I think I've persistently stated my beliefs as my beliefs.

2. If you expect me to 'own' your fantasies about my beliefs . . . or to agree with your fantasies about what I'm saying . . .

you'll have a very very very long wait.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I mean:

The world is changing at an increasingly rapid pace.

And the overt establishment of the NWO on the world stage is looming closer and closer.

When that is well in force, many things will change wholesale from the foundation up.

One of those things is a world religion that will NOT be, in the slightest way, to the slightest degree . . . a free choice, an option.

As I said . . . enjoy your perspective on reality while you can.

The current status quo has a looming closer and closer expiration date.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Religion is a tool created by man to control people and wealth, i cant wait for the day where religion is looked at like fairy tales from people who couldn't answer how things happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I can see some reason for concern, but I personally suspect that the one world religion will be ore of a blend, than any one particular thing. Some science, some Islam, some this or that.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

There will likely be 'something for everyone' who doesn't think clearly or too much, alright.

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There will likely be 'something for everyone' who doesn't think clearly or too much, alright.

We already have that, it is called religion! As the last thing religions want is their followers to start thinking for themselves, they must be told what they can and cannot do!
edit on 1-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

You might put that on a plaque on your wall.

It will be interesting to see a rush of events in the not distant future shred that perspective wholesale.

The oligarchy used evolution and materialism to shred historic Judeo/Christian faiths in the public square.

HOWEVER, they will soon implement the worst religion ever in their reversion to Babylon and worse.

Then the world will long for the presence of Christianity . . . and Christians.

Dark times ahead . . . to put it exceedingly mildlly.

And the Religion of Scientism will be initially a vanguard heralding the new paradigm shifts afoot.

The truth shredded Christianity in the public square.

If it truly were the divine word of God it wouldn't be wrong. It would hold the correct history of the universes creation rather than one thought up by Bronze Age goat herders.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Science is based on belief just as religion is. Evidence is gathered to prove something someone believes is true. They often try to reinforce their belief and discount things that do not fit the desired parameters.

I stand back and look at science a lot, wondering if what they are spending millions of dollars on is even worth the expenditure. They would argue it is, since without the money they won't get paid I suppose, but they make us believe the need is real all the time.

Also science can be misapplied, many times on purpose or also the real reason is misinterpreted, the reason something happened was different than what they thought it was. So this misinterpretation is used to prove future policies and it was not correct. So things get major screwed up and evidence doesn't match, there is conflict because of something wrong.

So belief in something that is not real plagues science a lot. Look at how many things they have disproved lately once they have developed technology to actually test things right. But even the design of the test can effect the outcome, the design is based on beliefs of the person designing the experiment.

So science is best classified as a religion, the more they get people to believe in things that are they do, the more power they get. Power corrupts most times.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Science is based on belief just as religion is. Evidence is gathered to prove something someone believes is true. They often try to reinforce their belief and discount things that do not fit the desired parameters.

I stand back and look at science a lot, wondering if what they are spending millions of dollars on is even worth the expenditure. They would argue it is, since without the money they won't get paid I suppose, but they make us believe the need is real all the time.

Also science can be misapplied, many times on purpose or also the real reason is misinterpreted, the reason something happened was different than what they thought it was. So this misinterpretation is used to prove future policies and it was not correct. So things get major screwed up and evidence doesn't match, there is conflict because of something wrong.

So belief in something that is not real plagues science a lot. Look at how many things they have disproved lately once they have developed technology to actually test things right. But even the design of the test can effect the outcome, the design is based on beliefs of the person designing the experiment.

So science is best classified as a religion, the more they get people to believe in things that are they do, the more power they get. Power corrupts most times.

EXCELLENT POINTS. Well put.

THANKS.

Nice to see others, not of my values orientation perspective, seeing such facts. YEA!

I didn't really expect the chronic contrarian naysayers to see much truth on such topics. Though I hoped they'd be more civil. Evidently civil is not part of their religion. LOL.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

1. Science AS A RELIGION will be morphed into a purported oligarchy/ET managed enterprise supported by the oligarchy's minions and stooges around the world.

That would not be science. People (or minions) don't give science it's power the same way people do for a Church.

2. Said enterprise will be sold (via mass media control and dramatic demonstrations of exotic technologies and even spiritual dramas) as essential for the preservation of the planet and of mankind.

You mean like religion is sold as essential for the preservation of your soul? Nobody who understands science is going to 'buy' something they don't understand or can't be proven.

3. Said enterprise will REQUIRE all governments and all religions to submit to 'THEIR' purported truths, purported facts, systems, structures, administration. They will be the ultimate and tyrannical arbiters of TRUTH, of REALITY and . . . of LIFE. Dissenters will be initially ridiculed and cast aside as archaic and clueless. Then they will begin to be exterminated. Then they will be hunted and exterminated--as far as allowed by The Supreme Boss.

This is not science. Science only REQUIRES you follow the scientific method as a matter of ensuring integrity of the science being done. It does sound a lot like the way Christianity or Islam operated for dozens of centuries though.

4. The SATURATED CONDITIONING via the Religion of Scientism will motivate a huge percentage of the general populace disaffected, dissatisfied, mangled by, turned off by traditional religions--it will motivate them to get on board the NEW WORLD ORDER "realities" in a huge way with much glee and abandon--including abandon of almost all reason and critical thinking.

Reason and critical thinking are required for science. Facts that anybody can check for themselves (with enough time and money) are the backbone of science. Emotional decisions are not part of science.

5. The alternate, non-Israeli, non-Christian religions will be masterfully morphed into the same enterprise with great cleverness and forcefulness. There will be few dissenters from most of those ranks. Islam will likely be a central theme or their purported Mahdi will lead the morphing transition with wild acclaim from worldwide Islam. Even major percentages of traditional "Christianity" will be morphed into said enterprise--probably particularly the Roman Church--but also lots of other traditional and some not so traditional Christian groups. . . . e.g. Rick Warren et al.

If the hypothetical ET comes wowing us with new unbelievable technology, scientists will be the first and loudest dissenters. You will not convince them without providing scientific facts about said technology and allowing us to reproduce or reverse-engineer ourselves whatever ET brings to wow to confirm the science behind it is real.

6. One of the reasons that the Religion of Scientism is SUCH a powerful tool toward such goals IS EXACTLY the emotionally intense RELIGIOUS aspect of it. IF it were merely objective science, it would NOT be near that powerful. It is PRECISELY BECAUSE it has been morphed into a genuine RELIGION, that it has become SOOOO powerful.

Science is not 'emotionally intense' in my experience. Most science itself is boring, the excitement comes from understanding the implications of new knowledge. Figuring out how to make CPUs smaller and more efficient isn't real exciting until you're using a new iPad.

7. Truth in the abstract is not a very emotionally intense motivator. WHEN truth (and even a lie successfully sold as truth) effectively hooks one's deep inner emotions--for whatever reasons--THEN the motivation in support of such notions becomes VERY powerful. So, the earth goes around the sun. Ho Hum. The notion that believing so might just result in one's personal eternal damnation--though hideously false--when believed--becomes an intense motivator.

Emotions don't drive science. Seeking facts drives science. Science puts a lot of weight in being 'published.' This is so that other scientists (and even YOU!) can repeat the experiment EXACTLY the same way and get the same results, just in case you think something is a lie.

8. Similarly, WHEN the notion that one's belief in SCIENCE AS GOD becomes heralded as THE NEW UNIVERSAL TRUEST TRUTH--how motivatingly wonderful. One is thrilled that one can finally do whatever the blazes one wants with however many bed-mates in however many positions and the god of science will be dispassionately uncaring and permissive. How thrilling, freeing, liberating . . . or not, really.

Science doesn't promote promiscuity. That is a moral position that you have to decide on for yourself. You either have sex with a lot of people or you don't. Freedom from religion allows you to make these choices now, we don't have to wait for the Science God to show up an tell us to bang like rabbits, if you are so inclined. It almost sounds like you need somebody to tell you how to live your life or give you rules for you to follow.

9. And to think that the NEW WORLD ORDER has 'proven' the 'truth' of all such constructions on reality and all such allegiances makes it all the more emotionally wonderful. Most folks love to be on the cutting edge of a major paradigm shift. All the more so given that it's advertised as liberating, freeing, 'objective,' if-it-feels-good-do-it as the new approved cardinal doctrine that the Religion of Science is either silent on or approving of, even applauding.

Paradigm shifts happen when the old way becomes irrelevant. Paradigm shifts can't be stopped by even the established 'old way' people in control. Most paradigm shifts come with an 'it's about time' attitude.

10. Choices have consequences even though the oligarchy tries to indoctrinate folks into the notion that such is not the case. Some things are life-giving and some things are life-taking.

11. In and of itself--pure, mostly objective science is merely a tool. Turned into a religion--AS IT HAS BEEN--it is deadly.

Religion has been MUCH more deadly than science over the millinea. Medical science in particular has saved countless lives and made countless more a lot better. It's ironic that according to you when science is TURNED INTO RELIGION is deadly. It's not the science, it's the RELIGION.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Steps of the Beginner's Rubik's Cube Solution:

1.White Edges.
2.White Corners.
3.Second Layer.
4.Yellow Cross.
5.Swap Yellow Edges.
6.Position Yellow Corners.
7.Orient Yellow Corners.

Solving a Rubik's cube requires faith. Faith in what others have told them. I doesn't require:
1/ critical thinking
2/unorthodox thinking
3/ 'out-of-the-box' thinking

Therefore it's a religion.

Science on the other hand requires none of the three. Constant challenges to current theories make science stronger, not adherence to current ideas. I've no idea why you should think otherwise? Maybe a lack of exposure/understanding of what science is?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Oh no, I think I've very much made my point. I've seen a ton of pseudoscientific posts from you about the topics I mentioned. Now that many of your assertions have been refuted as the bunk it is, now "scientism" is the evil the lurks in the shadows...

All those evil scientists coming to get you. I wish my life was a comic book too.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
a reply to: rickymouse

Steps of the Beginner's Rubik's Cube Solution:

1.White Edges.
2.White Corners.
3.Second Layer.
4.Yellow Cross.
5.Swap Yellow Edges.
6.Position Yellow Corners.
7.Orient Yellow Corners.

Solving a Rubik's cube requires faith. Faith in what others have told them. I doesn't require:
1/ critical thinking
2/unorthodox thinking
3/ 'out-of-the-box' thinking

Therefore it's a religion.

Science on the other hand requires none of the three. Constant challenges to current theories make science stronger, not adherence to current ideas. I've no idea why you should think otherwise? Maybe a lack of exposure/understanding of what science is?

I see so much twisting of the evidence in science while doing research of things. It's the competition for the almighty buck that causes the problem. Science is used against us, to profit from us, and to steer us to believe what special interest groups want us to believe. The fact is that a lot of scientific evidence is created for a deceptive reason.

I used to think I knew what science was, I was wrong. I used to be proud because I had so much logical thinking. I associated myself with Mr. Spock, analytical and precise.

Science is a tool to utilize to gain power or wealth half the time. I read a hell of a lot of research articles and interpretations people make of the research and I find a lot of deception going on. I do not believe that people are mistakenly misinterpreting the information at the levels I am seeing this happen. Sure, you expect people who aren't that good at reading research to misinterpret things, but to have high level scientists on the wrong track half the time isn't because they are dumb. Examining motive is essential.

Sounds sort of like religion to me. people twist things to match their belief or desire in religion all the time.
edit on 2-6-2016 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I mean:

The world is changing at an increasingly rapid pace.

And the overt establishment of the NWO on the world stage is looming closer and closer.

When that is well in force, many things will change wholesale from the foundation up.

One of those things is a world religion that will NOT be, in the slightest way, to the slightest degree . . . a free choice, an option.

As I said . . . enjoy your perspective on reality while you can.

The current status quo has a looming closer and closer expiration date.

Oh, I see. You snuck the mythical NWO in there. This explains a great deal about you. Oh look, and talk of a world religion.

No.

Next thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Your excellent points bear repeating with emphasis:

originally posted by: rickymouse

I see so much twisting of the evidence in science while doing research of things. It's the competition for the almighty buck that causes the problem. Science is used against us, to profit from us, and to steer us to believe what special interest groups want us to believe. The fact is that a lot of scientific evidence is created for a deceptive reason.

I used to think I knew what science was, I was wrong. I used to be proud because I had so much logical thinking. I associated myself with Mr. Spock, analytical and precise.

Science is a tool to utilize to gain power or wealth half the time. I read a hell of a lot of research articles and interpretations people make of the research and I find a lot of deception going on. I do not believe that people are mistakenly misinterpreting the information at the levels I am seeing this happen. Sure, you expect people who aren't that good at reading research to misinterpret things, but to have high level scientists on the wrong track half the time isn't because they are dumb. Examining motive is essential.

Sounds sort of like religion to me. people twist things to match their belief or desire in religion all the time.

It's amazing how difficult to impossible for certain types of folks with various attachment disordered psychologies to see such basic SCIENTIFIC FACTS.

So many of the posts on this thread are PROVING the OP with their fierce, dogmatic, off-topic, unwarranted absolutely fierce !!!RELIGIOUS FERVOR!!! And then they claim my perspective is the stupid, ignorant one.

Sheesh. Absolutely mind-bogglingly incredible. It would be more amazing and shocking except that I've seen such most of my adult life--actually--all of it. It just seems to have been increasing in prevalence and intensity as the years have gone by.

In some cases, it even appears to be demonically energized . . . maybe in more cases than I'd like to admit.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Evidently you haven't studied such things for 45+ years.

Your loss.
Your lack of understanding and perceptivity.

Time will tell how that works out for you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sorry you haven't understood the OP or the bulk of my posts.

I doubt I could make them any clearer.

Time will make some of the major points greatly clearer.

Thanks for the insults. They are very telling.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join