It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orange Orb Phenomenon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

Yet they do it even when the camera doesn't move if you watch the whole thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
youtu.be... =
youtu.be... = ] Chinese Lanterns.
youtu.be... =
youtu.be...=

I'm beginning to think that the best thing to do, is for people to go out and buy some and send them off, then video them.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Do Chinese Laterns fly together, come together as one and then split apart?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: EcFnDoubleU

Lots of things do that....
anything is possible.

To add, but not in any of those examples you have given.
edit on 1-6-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Listen, I'm all for UFO sightings but this is obviously a Chinese lantern, watch the first video and then www.youtube.com...
skip to the 1:01 mark and its practically the same video.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: eshaynew

Similar but definitely different

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Disinformation agent?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Yet they do it even when the camera doesn't move if you watch the whole thing.

No, they do not. The camera is never still because a human is holding it.

Yes they do. There are literally hundreds of videos on YouTube and elsewhere around the net of lanterns. Please take the time to watch them.

The movement and speed of lanterns depend on the wind speed. If the wind is light, then releasing many lanterns together will keep them all together, mostly. From far away, their slow movement will appear to make them come together or split apart. But it's all appearance from a certain point of view.

Can't believe I'm wasting time arguing flight characteristics of lanterns. Moving on....

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: _BoneZ_

So they get drawn together even when separated by hundreds of feet, while one magically floats there waiting for the others to come to it?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is anyone familiar with Michael Lee Hill?

www.michaelleehill.net...

He has been recording the lake Erie orbs for years, and believes he has alien blood.

Thoughts?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Seen em on 3 different occasions in my life but the lights were alqays very solid no flickering and quite bright.

First time 3 white ones flying as close to eachother that at first glance thought it was a plane. But they seemed to fly really low and i noticed there was no noise coming from them. After like 30 seconds they suddenly all moved in opposite directions and i knew that must have been something special. This was 20 years ago.

Another time 15 years later i saw 3 red ones that were folloeing eachother making a sudden 90 degree turn speedingup then dissapearing behind roof tops. Way too fast for lanterns.

Another time 2 orange ones that flew really fast away from me seemingly vanishing in the distance and then i was still doubting if they were orbs/ufos, but then they reapeared much closer flying back to the point they vanished before and tgen they were really gone.

I dont have videos but im not here to convince anybody and i dont even care that much for the ufo forum. Im not interested in arguing if youtube videos are real or not which that board basically comes down to. Some are real, most can be anything and some are fake.
edit on 307pm3053000000p86 by whatsup86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EcFnDoubleU

They are constantly popping up in northern california too. I've witnessed several UFO's in a short period of time there.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsup86

What you describe, I too have witnessed similar phenomenon.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

If you are able, try to record them.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Disinformation agent?

Your'e the one that took the videos, and you are the one that makes for claims in those videos, things that clearly didn't happen, as Bonez pointed out. I also note that there doesn't appear to be at any time that the autofocus has been switched off, I note also zooming in and out, I notice artifacts of the zooming in and out, I note also the slowmo section that corresponds entirely to camera movement induced by the operator, I also note that the lights go out eventually...atypical of an ordinary sky lantern. Did I forget anything? Oh! yes, one segment shows a lantern that burns out and drops quickly while you can still see the ember.
So okay, I'm a disinfo agent.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you read NY descriptions, and what I've written here, I explain that I have not recorded every sighting.l, and these are theory sightings I have recorded.

I have observed the orbs behave in ways that many other people have.

What's this talk of "not being any when auto focus is off"? What does that even mean?

There are parts of the slowed down footage where the camera doesn't move at all and you see the lights move very fast in sync. You can even see the movements in real time if you don't blink

Tell me the video and time that shows a Latern fall? I have not seen that.

The description also notes what was used to film them.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

a reply to: VoidFire

Have you ever filmed them?

I would like to film them, they appear frequently enough for it to not be an issue. My problem is in the quality of the video of whatever I tried filming it with. My iPod touch is horrible for Night videos and pictures, so I would need a better recording device. When I do eventually get a good filming device, I would love to look into these orbs more.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The first time you see chinese lanterns your heart jumps into your throat for a second.
Set some off an you can easily there after tell the difference.
This isn't rocket science.

Some Orbs are Orbs and of course all over youtube there are a ton of misidentifications. The OP is talking Orbs.
His video may not be the best but Lake Erie has a LONG history of this stuff so the benefit of the doubt isn't out of line.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Is anyone familiar with Michael Lee Hill?

www.michaelleehill.net...

He has been recording the lake Erie orbs for years, and believes he has alien blood.

Thoughts?

It's strange when people see things like this over many years, they never seem to change their recording habits.

If I were seeing these things on a regular basis and I really thought they were Alien in nature I would get a bank loan and buy one of these see video below and a large telephoto lens because real proof would make you a fortune.

The Sony A7S II available now.

There are places you could rent a descent DSLR and lens or beg for or borrow one then film these objects.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Looks like the common thought is that you saw some lanterns, but what I want too know is if you've ever seen them up close? I remember one night back in October of 2013 I was on my way home with my father and younger brother and sister and as we were driving, we took a road past the provincial park in my city as it was quicker and we all saw at about maybe a Km or so into the park 3 orbs of light about a good 20 or so feet in diameter hovering about 300 feet above the trees that were slowly changing colours, we lost sight of them for all of 30 seconds as we past a few houses and when we got back in sight they were gone I thought they might have been helicopters but I've never seen a helicopter completely engulfed in a sphere of light, sadly I didn't get any pictures as my dad wouldn't stop.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join