It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Respond To Reports Of Shooting At UCLA Engineering Building

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
My friend on campus is being told its a planned out attack with 4 shooters spread out through campus.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I tell ya...if I had a kid on campus or worked there and I found out that LE dragged this out into a massive overreaction/practice session for what was clearly a murder/suicide from the get-go - I would be PISSED OFF.

That's a kind of terrorism in itself, IMHO. Spreading fear for political gain. In this case, the gain is to the benefit and furtherance of the police state.

As they say, "never let a good crisis go to waste".

I heard the Fire Chief earlier say they have 17 Ambulances and 10 trucks on site with more on the way. Couple that with all the LEO branches on scene and it will take at least a few hours to demobilize........and that ain't gonna happen until they've finished sweeping what they consider the target zones - which may or may not take all day depending on how many buildings are already secured. Upon typing this the campus has been on lock-down (the order to shelter and place) for a little over 2 hours so far..

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Apparently slow to update the murder suicide thing seems to be true.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

And if it is in fact unconfirmed that it's a murder-suicide and the police just packed it in with a gunman strolling around campus, we'd excoriate them for that.

Unconfirmed is unconfirmed. Until it's confirmed

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Police frisking students now.

Just to "be sure".

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
News conference says no more suspects !!

Unlocking in progress.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Not sure if it's been linked yet.
LA police band

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
LAPD Chief confirms murder/ suicide, no outstanding suspects, no other fatalities, in the process of releasing students as well as continuing to search buildings. Incident occurred in a small office within the building.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You make a good point but what does it take to confirm? I mean, early reports were that there was a note found with the bodies. And bodies found in an office.
edit on 6/1/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
My friend on campus is being told its a planned out attack with 4 shooters spread out through campus.

Where is your friend getting that info?

link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Also, from what I gathered from that news conference, the dead were both male and found dead of gunshot wounds in a small office.

It's final's week. Now I'm wondering if it wasn't a student killing a professor?

link   
a reply to: research100

I dropped my son off at school this morning, and told him your story. The truth is, I was glad for something new to talk about with him. One can only get so much mileage out of shooting silver-back's at the zoo. I just got a text from his friend from AZ. His theory is: Count Dracula, a Ninja, Bigfoot, and a disgruntled H.S. teacher are behind the whole mess. Isn't playing "Telephone" fun?

That's what our national media does in these kinds of stories. "News-as-it-happens" is now whatever someone else says it is. Right now, a whole team of media-wranglers are putting together a custom header and style-sheet for this event. Someone is composing the "breaking news" theme-music. There is something sick in Denmark this morning, folks, and it is the entire way we go about covering BREAKING NEWS as if were some kind of roman gladiator spectacle.

It's absolutely nauseating.
edit on 1-6-2016 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

link   
Interesting massive response to a murder-suicide since the LAPD (correction LASP) has recently lost a lawsuit and must stop using the 1033 military surplus weapons distro program, begin returning or destroying what the do have,etc. So of course, you need to SHOW THE PUBLIC they need these military surplus weapons and equipment, and will use it to "keep you safe".

VERY interesting.

ETA: Link to article, May 30, 2016 - Activists Successfully End Federal Militarization of Los Angeles School Police Department

edit on 6/1/2016 by Krakatoa because: corrected to LASP

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
so 3 shots just shut down la and tied up all of its emergency services for over 90 minutes? i wonder how much this cost exactly but hey at least its not a major source of loss of life

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Run and hide.

Your two options in a victim disarmament zone.

edit on 1-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: pic

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Interesting massive response to a murder-suicide since the LAPD has recently lost a lawsuit and must stop using the 1033 military surplus weapons distro program, begin returning or destroying what the do have,etc. So of course, you need to SHOW THE PUBLIC they need these military surplus weapons and equipment, and will use it to "keep you safe".

VERY interesting.

Hmmm.

Maybe this was a "drill" ?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm now trying to dig up the story I read on this aspect.

Found it:

ETA: Link to article, May 30, 2016 - Activists Successfully End Federal Militarization of Los Angeles School Police Department
LA school police has to...

Weapons the LA School Police will return to the feds include a tank, a Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle (MRAP), three grenade launchers and 61 M-16 rifles.

edit on 6/1/2016 by Krakatoa because: added background data

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Finding a note like that is a lead, and a solid one.

But every one of those students that reported seeing a gunman is another lead that has to be checked out, also. So even if they found the note during an initial search, they get a tweet from a student saying there's a gunman in their building it has to be looked in to, regardless of the note.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Helicopters have all just disbanded and have head off and left.

Kids at elementary school across street from me just let out to play for recess/lunch. Looks like they kept them in for the first 15 of their lunch. But they're rushing the school yard and happily starting up handball games etc... good to see.
edit on 1-6-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Why do people have to go around shooting kids that want an education.... some of us wish for death on the daily, but no they go shoot the innocent college kids.... smh

sorry that was a bit dark, just tired of these kids getting killed and having their futures taken from them.

Because when they reach that point, they want to make as big an exit as they can, unfortunately. It makes it even worse when they take their own life and no half sufficient justice can prevail for the families and friends of the victims.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join