It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Texans...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

We have more lakes than i can count. My favorite is Amstead

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Austin is definitely my favorite town in Texas. There's a Facebook page I follow called "Don't Dallas my Austin". I love it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Austin is the home of Tito's Handcrafted Vodka. Austin is a great city with great music!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Deep Eddy Vodka ain't bad either!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I have never heard of that Vodka, I will try to find it!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So everyone dislikes Dallas and that's where the position is located. Lovely. I do like to fish and jet ski though so maybe I can find a way to survive under those third world jet ski conditions.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Dallas is "New York Pretentious". If you're a yankee, you'll find Dallas the most palatable.

Austin is weird. I did weird.

Of the major cities, San Antonio is where my heart is. Any place in Texas? Fredericksburg. Its heaven for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

My favorite part of Fredricksburg, public drinking. Nothing better than walking down the street with a cold craft brew, and nobody looking at you like some kind of criminal.

I grew up one town north of there. Didn't get to enjoy it as much as a kid because of school rivalry.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

They have Enchanted Rock Vodka as well, though I'm no vodka expert.

They all taste the same with cranberry juice.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Any place in Texas? Fredericksburg. Its heaven for me.

LOVE their peaches!

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Deep Eddy has a peach vodka that is to die for. I believe they use Fredericksburg peaches.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If I had the means to relocate anywhere in Texas I personally would choose Bastrop, it has Trees. The place I am in now you can see for Miles uninterrupted once you get out of town. I want trees to break it up. But then the money in controls for cotton gins and other industrial controls is almost too good hence why I been staying put.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

I feel ya on that. I just stumbled into a career here on the south plains. If it weren't for that, I'd damn sure be elsewhere.

Hell, at one time I was pretty satisfied "Living in a van, down by the river." To quote a funny dude.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

That's West Texas or Southern Plains living.

In West Texas its not as bad since we have some hills here and there. Southern plans...has a canyon. And thats about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I feel like people make a good living in Texas, but if they could get it done elsewhere they'd be gone pretty fast. That's the general impression I've been given by people who live in the state.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join