It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one world religion has started in Europe.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Here is Reuters, but they do not carry the full text:

www.reuters.com...

Is this more acceptable to you?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Does it have a link that's not 404ed?

Reuters is reputable, yes. Now, let's have a look.
It didn't give a link, so I copied the quote-marked phrase and right clicked for a search Google for the phrase

European Union "code of conduct on illegal online hate speech"

The Commission together with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Microsoft (“the IT companies”) today unveil a code of conduct that includes a series of commitments to combat the spread of illegal hate speech online in Europe.

The IT Companies support the European Commission and EU Member States in the effort to respond to the challenge of ensuring that online platforms do not offer opportunities for illegal online hate speech to spread virally. They share, together with other platforms and social media companies, a collective responsibility and pride in promoting and facilitating freedom of expression throughout the online world.

However, the Commission and the IT Companies recognise that the spread of illegal hate speech online not only negatively affects the groups or individuals that it targets, it also negatively impacts those who speak out for freedom, tolerance and non-discrimination in our open societies and has a chilling effect on the democratic discourse on online platforms.

Sorry, but I don't see anything wrong with using civility and decorum on a global level. ATS demands it - and manners are free.

"Anybody with an interest in getting certain types of content removed is going to find this interesting."

POLICING CONTENT

The EU deal effectively requires the internet companies to be the arbiters of what type of speech is legal in each country. It also threatens to complicate the distinction between what is actually illegal, and what is simply not allowed by the companies' terms of service - a far broader category.

"The commission's solution is to ask the companies to do the jobs of the authorities," said Estelle Masse, policy lead in Europe for Access Now, a digital rights advocacy group that did not endorse the final EU agreement.

Masse said that once companies agree to take quick action on any content that is reported to them, they will inevitably review it not only for legal violations but also terms of service violations.

"The code of conduct puts terms of service above national law," she said.

Right. Because manners should be universally understood now that we are a global society. People don't go about hurling insults at others and blaming them for imaginary disasters in person - manners and decorum are integral to civilization.

In order to prevent the spread of illegal hate speech, it is essential to ensure that relevant national laws transposing the Council Framework Decision on combating racism and xenophobia are fully enforced by Member States in the online as well as the in the offline environment.

I don't see this as some sort of fascist coup - I see it as common sense, modern public manners.
It even says up there (emboldened) that the objective is to protect freedom of speech in open societies, but also to squelch hatespeech. Beck and Jones specialize in hate speech. I would be happier in a world where hate speech is not allowed, but democratic discourse is encouraged.

I'm happier at ATS than on any other forum or site (like Youtube) that has unmoderated comments - I don't FB or Tweet - and when someone begins insisting that lies are truth, and slandering millions of people at a time, I too will speak up to shush them.
It is unseemly and rude. It causes trouble. It isn't helpful to anyone but the liar who is getting rich off of scaring people with the lies. Snake Oil Salesmen. They've always existed. Con-artists. Fraud. They aren't allowed to just go about duping people with no consequences.

edit on 6/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I can access all the links, and no - on my computer Reuters is not 404'd either.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Really after Ebola in Texas. And the meteor. That's another story.

I had a blog up proving the existence of God. In the blog I had video up evidencing divine inspiration. This one.

Then a few years later the meteor hit. Then it dawned on me where this English speaking band filmed their video.

Chelyabinsk. Where the meteor hit.

The meteor hit shortly in time like Ebola in relation to something I said on the internet. Someone on this forum asked me to speculate what the image of the beast was and I speculated the adults who have reached the age of majority downloading abusive images that don't meet the US Code 2257 statement laws that it might predict people like Jerry Sandusky's behavior in real life if they fail to recognize the law. About two weeks later the meteor hit and gave people 2nd degree burns on the ground and took out a bunch of windows with a shock wave.

I thought it was bizarre that both events happened within a couple of weeks after my vocalizations on the internet.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Miracula2 because: youtube error

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Reuters is not 404ed, it was the original link that Breitbart had embedded that was a 404.

So I did an old-skool copy and paste with the phrase describing the document and I have provided some of it here for readers to look at.
If you look at it, and then compare what Breitbart provided, you can see that Breitbart's "version" is exaggerated, hysterical nonsense - spin that is meant to instigate fear in the gullible.....just like the irrational terror that we are being ruled by despots who intend to depopulate the world and all the "oh noez!" stuff that Infowars readers believe.

It's a ridiculous premise. Just like Agenda 21 - not at all the 'coded decree of doom' that some people imagine it to be.

Celebrities, for example, have been battling disinfo, unsubstantiated rumors, paparazzi invasion of their lives forever. Used to be that if you were a celebrity or other world figure, you could expect lies to be spread about you just for ratings and readership "grabs" in sensational headlines.

So Reuters pointed out that it's not as awful as some might portray it. People have killed themselves over online hate speech. People are killing others as a result of online lies and slander/libel. Don't be one of those people who spread Infowars and National Enquirer stuff around as truth.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
nvm.
edit on 2-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The other thing I thought was bizarre about the Ebola virus coming to Texas after my response to that grandmother's anger over her grandson's victimization by the Texas government and the meteor burning people on the ground with 2nd degree burns after I speculated on what the image of the beast might be regarding 2257 laws and people like Jerry Sandusky in an old book written a couple thousand years ago a guy received a vision that two dudes with bulging muscles and sharp tongues would be able to strike the earth at will with plagues and that fire would proceed forth from their mouths and consume their enemies with fire. And the meteor was 30 times brighter than the sun.

Even more bizarre was that movie about my former career in the Coast Guard as a rescue swimmer that kept me from abandoning my faith one of the characters, student swimmer has a number 2 tattooed on his back in the movie.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yes, Kitana, I know.
I provided the link and extexted the pertinent sections properly - you just copied and pasted a wall of text with no explanation or link. Are you not following along? I just did that part for you - and pointed out how distorted the Breitbart view is.

Alex Jones and the Breitbart crowd actively LOOK for ways to twist meanings and exaggerate words and project sinister agendas onto others. It's all fake.

For heaven's sake, HERE IS THE SITE FOR THE EU AND THE PAGE FOR THE FULL TEXT. It took about 10 seconds to find it. If you need assistance with formatting and research posting, I'll help you.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Yes, really after the Ebola in Texas. Was it a massive outbreak? No. Who died? One man. Who else was infected? Two nurses. Did they die? No. Some plague!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 2-6-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
The other thing I thought was bizarre about the Ebola virus coming to Texas after my response to that grandmother's anger over her grandson's victimization by the Texas government and the meteor burning people on the ground with 2nd degree burns after I speculated on what the image of the beast might be regarding 2257 laws and people like Jerry Sandusky in an old book written a couple thousand years ago a guy received a vision that two dudes with bulging muscles and sharp tongues would be able to strike the earth at will with plagues and that fire would proceed forth from their mouths and consume their enemies with fire. And the meteor was 30 times brighter than the sun.

Even more bizarre was that movie about my former career in the Coast Guard as a rescue swimmer that kept me from abandoning my faith one of the characters, student swimmer has a number 2 tattooed on his back in the movie.

Please keep going, you're confirming every reason I had when I became an atheist. No, nothing about a book written by Bronze and Iron Age people can be used to predict what's happening now - other then if it says that people need to be nicer to each other.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I'm not angry, honey - I'm frustrated. Stick with Reuters. You can get information from other places that you can really take seriously. Breitbart and Infowars should not be taken seriously. You see what I mean?

You're getting all excited and shocked and gobsmacked about something that is a predictable stage in the global connectedness that we now have. The Internet is a new thing. We're learning how to manage it with the least amount of harm being done to anyone.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Your statements show deceit because Christianity does NOT force conversion or death...... the Islamic faith does.

Perhaps not anymore, just all throughout the medieval period and before. Germany and Scandinavia were entirely pagan until the sword was brought unto ye heathens.

Not to mention... what is the majority religion of the country that recently killed 100 to 500-thousand Iraqi Civilians..?

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Dominionists are one of those groups they try to sweep under the rug or disavow. Doesn't fit the narrative.
edit on 2-6-2016 by SargonThrall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

PS your computer crashed because you were using Breitbart.

You were fighting Breitbart's effect on your computer. It crashed your system. It's crap. It's bad news. You see?

Any site that takes that long to load, and interrupts the flow of quoting and closing and moving around is a suspect site that should be avoided!
That's what I said! I killed the Breitbart site because it was ficking up my computer and slowing down my system and never stopped loading. Those are all signs of a crap website probably filled with malware and virus links that even Breitbart isn't aware of, because they don't monitor the ad content or properly control what they publish.

Vague language is the perfect thing for Jones and Breitbart and Beck all three and others of their ilk to run their schemes. The more "vague" the provided language (read: more complex language), the more easily "paraphrased" into absolute fiction for the dolts out there who will fall for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

It was the same words. Exactly.

I apologize for not using your approved identical words. Bye.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: SargonThrall
Dominionists are one of those groups they try to sweep under the rug or disavow. Doesn't fit the narrative.

The funny part is the Dominionists would be sweeping them under the rug if they ever got into power since most Christians are not Christian-y enough for them. Bible nuttery at its best.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

I'm trying to help you! Breitbart is not a valid source for getting news, that's all I'm saying.

Fine, yes, it was the same words. You trying to copy it from Breitbart caused your computer to crash.
Finding it on Reuters was more effective, and I validated that. I took a look at it. I read the article AND the document.

Second, I provided you with the link to the actual document and copied and pasted the same thing (without crashing your computer or mine!), and then pointed out that the document in question is in no way a Nazi dissident-killing Censorship Disaster. It just isn't.

I didn't see anything to be gobsmacked about. I'm not mad at you, Kit, I just want to help you safely navigate the internet and I know a thing or four about crap websites.

So sorry for trying to calm you down and help you sort through it. Carry on then.....excuse the hell out of me for attempting to de-escalate the hysteria around here.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
*sigh*

Is Infowars Reliable?

Guilty of a steady stream of fallacious arguments and conclusions: Constant errors in logical non sequiturs.

Here are some: Appeal to probability – takes something for granted because it would probably be the case.
Argument from fallacy – assumes that if an argument for some conclusion is fallacious, then the conclusion itself is false.
Base rate fallacy – making a probability judgement based on conditional probabilities, without taking into account the effect of prior probabilities.
Conjunction fallacy – assumption that an outcome simultaneously satisfying multiple conditions is more probable than an outcome satisfying a single one of them.

^INTELLIGENT DISCOURSE^ Unreliable as an aid to evaluating and processing incoming news.

Here's what a pro-Infowars post said:

What infowars concludes from the data might not be reliable, but the INFORMATION that they present are most certainly solid and factual. Nobody is pushing the viewers to take the conclusions they draw, but it is certainly a breath of fresh air in a world where mainstream media is choking on the very information that reaches people. In a world of censored and spinned information and news, infowars steps in to offer a glimpse of the more grave possibilities, if not the grave realities themselves.

^ SENSATIONALISM DEFINED ^ It's the worst-case-scenario possibility thing....

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
What's even funnier is the thread author not understanding the Bible, particularly the part where people voluntarily
submit to the Antichrist's faith.

Or Rev 20 where it says all the past martyrs rejected it, thus proving it predates Islam. But facts have no place in this thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Please keep going, you're confirming every reason I had when I became an atheist. .

Okay. In relation to the meteor hitting Chelyabinsk after I posted that vidoe in my blog.....

Before the meteor hit a movie came out called The Chronicles of Riddick. In it a character called the Lord Marshall unleashes a weapon that creates a downward pressure wave. A sonic pressure wave is what blew out all the windows in Chelyabinsk.

But it gets more interesting when you consider that before the movie and before the movie where I attended university.

And after the movie came out about my former career the US Navy ran a ship aground.

Not a big deal. Until you consider that the movie that came out about my career that kept me from abandoning my faith was called the Guardian and that I had bought a sailboat before and was traveling the east coast by boat. So, I didn't have my car with me and didn't rent a car a lot. But the week I did rent a car this boat ran aground. And the car I rented was a Dodge Avenger. And the USS Guardian was an Avenger Class minesweeper.

Wierdness.

And then I asked out a woman named Taylor. Called three times, she showed no interest so I left her alone and didn't call anymore. Three times is my limit after that I lose interest in pursuing.

Then the US Navy runs another ship aground.

The USS Taylor.

Two ships in two years. One name after that movie and another after a woman I pursued.

Plagues. Meteors. The Lord Marshall. USS Guardian. USS Taylor.

It's bizarre. It's like going beyond coincidence.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join