It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memory Hackers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Thanks for putting this up here. I like this kind of things. I'm not able to watch the video now but S&F for the heads up and the summary.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Oh I should definitely see that too. Will try to find that one.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

Here's the link to the TED talk about the device that generates imagery from your thoughts.

www.ted.com...

It's about 6 minutes in.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

We have in our brief history some examples of altering person's thoughts, memories and all around psychology knots.
Mesmer did it, hypnosis is fine about it, lotsa whiskey can do it, now we can do it with some lasers and technology too... big deal. Anyway S&F for the reminder that human brain is not so protected place in 21st century.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The part about the psychologist convincing people they had committed a crime when they hadn't sounded pretty unbelievable.

I don't have time to watch the whole documentary, where can I find that part?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

About 38 minutes into it.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Thank you my good man. =)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Memory is rather fallible, it's pretty trivial actually to give a person false memories, worse we do it to ourselves just remembering the same event over and over. If you ever want to remember something clearly, do your best to not think about it, and then when you do write it down with as much detail as you can. Because from that point on, every time you go over it, it's going to get more and more inaccurate.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Looks interesting. Commenting to mark for later review. Watching Gilligan's Island with the kids, but this looks fascinating.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Good stuff! Thank you for this.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

That pill they talk about which eliminates their fear of spiders is clearly doing something much more subtle than erasing or blocking a memory.

Correct. The way that these phobia type fears work in our brains is most commonly the effect of one or more parts of the brain that are overactive and inhibit a normal neuronal circuit from traveling the path of least resistance. By identifying which region of the brain is overactive and analyzing different psychoactive compounds and their effects on mood & behavior they're able to offer up a (temporary) medicinal remedy that will allow their experience with the object of the phobia to be directed by the pre-frontal cortex and travel a less excited synaptic pathway.

By engaging in practices such as mindful meditation one can strengthen their attention and enhance the capability of their pre-frontal cortex. The cause of their phobic reaction is the result of their brain processing their experience in a way that originates from somewhere other than the pre-frontal cortex.
edit on 6/2/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Here is a link to another TED Talk involving a scientist who uses similar imaging technology to observe and manipulate peoples dreams in real time.

www.ted.com...

In the beginning he talks about how the news media and hollywood generated a scientifically inaccurate news story in order to usher in a fad. Then the rest is some really neat neuroscience!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join