It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's my right to Piss you Off. AND IF YOU ARE......

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
..... it's your fault.

Not referring to ATS per se. It seems like society today is this petty.

I have a problem with this thinking on so many levels. Yes, they are pixels on a screen but they are also communication. If you look at someone long enough, that varies from person to person, you will be able to "trigger" damn near anyone. That's the person's fault that someone took the time to figure out what would piss you off? That's YOUR fault?

Ridiculous.

Which leads me to the BIG part of my beef. WHY? Why do people feel the need to piss others off? Does it make you feel better? Is your life so damn bad that "misery loves company" isn't a colloquialism but a way of life? This childishness has to end.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Why do people feel the need to piss others off?

Simple: There are no consequences.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I feel the same way you do? Today I had to deal with a airline who is transporting a loved one from LA to Detroit. He died last week also a ATS member. Everyday the airline had excuses so I hired a transport company, now they too pissed me off.

So I understand your point.

edit on 5 31 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well some "people" sure do seem to get pissed off at the littlest nit-picky things.

And many times it's their own fault for mis-interpreting.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This childishness has to end.

Most of them may in fact be childs...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Another question to ask is:

If something someone does annoys or offends, why must people today err to the side of it being done intentionally with an eye toward annoying or offending no matter how inane a comment or seemingly inconsequential an action it is?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sheesh Trep. I didn't think you'd get so upset over me taking the last handful of Dorito's. Nobody else in the lunchroom was eating them. Look on the bright-side. I saved you some bacon.

Honestly, it is seldom my intention to purposefully piss anyone off. But I have a cousin who seems to live for it. I still don't know why, but whenever I see an opening, I usually give him a little taste of his own medicine.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I think some people do it to make themselves feel better than others. And I don't think that is exclusive to any policital spectrum by any means.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I think some people do it to make themselves feel better than others. And I don't think that is exclusive to any policital spectrum by any means.

In a way it's become a virtual communistic environment where people of like mind gather and demean those not of your "clan". You're right. It has no single basis. Not even political. Could be any given issue. Then YOU are fair game for derision if you are on the # list.

+6 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   

WHY? Why do people feel the need to piss others off?

Anyone who proactively seeks out to piss others off has a superiority complex which hides actual feelings of inferiority and failure. These people usually become aggressive when facts enter into debates, so they make it personal in retaliation.

Naturally I ignore this subsection of the internet as best I can because my energy is best spent engaging with folks that can control their emotions and have some degree of self discipline.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wait ... did we just slide into discussing trolls?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

Did you pm the mod that took it down and asked why? Public discussion of mod actions will only get you banned.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Why do people feel the need to piss others off
Because most "insecure" people need to show toughness, be aggressive and just enjoy putting people down....shame.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's not a right, it's intentional/unintentional. People get pissed and offended for a large variety of reasons. When speaking to a single person, one should take into account their mannerisms and adapt to achieve the best outcome. On the internet forums, creating a thread or post is like dropping chum over the side of a boat. Big fish, little fish, everybody lunges at once and character conflict is almost instantaneous.

Speaking to an audience, if ninety percent aren't offended, is that person considered unoffensive or has the crowd decided not to take offense? If ninety percent of the crowd gets offended does that make the person offensive or has that crowd in allowing themselves to become offended, created an offender? It's a two-way street where caution and respect for your fellow drivers should be exercised in both directions.

In a large group setting, you can't possibly know how people will react to what they perceive as offensive or not. Bigger the group, bigger the gamble. With that said, there is a level of tact and refinement one should always be striving for. Lazy speak from lazy thoughts, generally equates to being shallow and having a higher tendency to offend.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Today I had to deal with a airline who is transporting a loved one from LA to Detroit. He died last week also a ATS member.

WAIT... WHAT ???.... I am so sorry for your loss...and ATS loss of a family member !! ..not to be off topic, ....but now I'm pissed off for you and with you !

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I generally have a pretty high trigger level. Today, not so much. Bad day.
I snapped a little on a dude here.
My apologies for my overreaction, if he is reading.
There is a huge learning curve here.
Peace

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

Thank you, the airlines can make people mad but they went overboard today.
Sadly my step dad a lawyer at Universal Studio and a member here, he walked out of his office and hit his head and had
a heart attack. Kendix1960 ATS name.

I never yelled at the airline, I was treated like a fly. Now he problem is solved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join