It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Attorney General Rips ‘Heartless’ Trump University

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Total non-issue. Source is as far liberal as they get. "Insider source" was from almost 10 years ago. Just your basic liberal mudslinging.

But I'm sure this is waaaaaaaaaaaay more important than actual American deaths or blatant disregard for classified material handling.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Trump University: It’s Worse Than You Think

Even Trump's own paid instructors couldn't stomach the scam...their consciences came forth

Schnackenberg, who worked in Trump’s office at 40 Wall Street, testified that “while Trump University claimed it wanted to help consumers make money in real estate, in fact Trump University was only interested in selling every person the most expensive seminars they possibly could.” The affidavit concludes, “Based upon my personal experience and employment, I believe that Trump University was a fraudulent scheme, and that it preyed upon the elderly and uneducated to separate them from their money.”

Trump said he would handpick the instructors!

Reality speaks otherwise

In fact, Trump hadn’t handpicked the instructors, and he didn’t attend the three-day seminars. Moreover, the complaint said, “no specific Donald Trump techniques or strategies were taught during the seminars, Donald Trump ‘never’ reviewed any of Trump University’s curricula or programming materials, nor did he review any of the content for the free seminars or the three day seminars.”

The scam was an intensive process to get money from the students

The alleged scam didn’t stop there. Trump University instructors told people who attended the three-day seminars that this wasn’t enough time to learn how to succeed, and encouraged them to purchase additional “mentorship” programs, which cost up to thirty-five thousand dollars. The complaint explained,

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
a reply to: Willtell
That`s not what i said, i guess i should have spelled it out in plain language, if trump did what all the universities are doing then they all should be prosecuted.

If the stories are true, then what Trump did is much worse than what real universities did. Real universities are accredited, they have pass/fail criteria and certificates that prove you know the material you were taught. This is something that has actual value in getting a job, and you probably have skills.

What Trump was doing was not at all similar, his "university" was short seminars where he claimed to teach people something. 1 on 1 mentoring, sales pitches, how to identify properties, and so on. Instead, his courses did none of that and left the people who took them with nothing of value. On top of that, he was false advertising with concepts like hand picked industry professionals as the instructors, when they were instead just smooth talking people off the street, picked by someone else.

I want to give Trump the benefit of the doubt, but I don't have a very high opinion of him. Still, doing so... my best guess is that a third party came up to him with this idea, licensed his name on the business, used him as the front man, and ran their own company. Trump was completely hands off other than being a role model for the school and he didn't know what was going on. Unfortunately, I'm finding it hard to believe that, considering the way he treated his veterans charity, and the fact that Trump University was apparently owned by Donald Trump.
edit on 3-6-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If something doesnt make sense then its likely untrue. Why would Trump, who is a Billionaire, and extremely busy making multi million dollar deals, want to tarnish his name, which believe me, is extremely important to him, to make a few thousand dollars? His name is his brand, and he would guard it closely. This was likely a pitch for something someone sent to him, that that party defrauded on. I think Trump had high hopes for the program but it went bust.he likely had little to do with the day to day running of it. It just doesnt add up. What I think is crazy is how big of a deal the MSM and DNC is making of it in lieu of all the scandal around the Clintons. Kind of like Jesus said, "why are you pointing out the splinter in their eye when there is a log in yours", or something to that affect. Talk about hypocrisy.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join