It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch Releases Former Clinton Chief of Staff Cheryl Mills Deposition Testimony

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

She knows the laws well. She even had disclaimers on her state.gov email account that all emails were public record. And yet she just "forgot" that the emails of the Secretary of State were on a different system when the FOIA requests were filed?

Yep, she was real cagey about answering those. She didn't like it when she was asked about Hillary's emails going to someone outside the State Department email system since they were using the 'I thought they (she wasn't sure who it was supposed to be, just not her) were saving all my emails so I didn't have to' excuse.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We know from past info that Mills was "hired" by Hillary to go through and determine what emails were supposedly personal prior to releasing any.

Wonder if they touched on THAT in this deposition?

This was covered around pages 247-248. It appears it was agreed before the deposition that she was going to claim attorney-client privilege on that subject, because the questioning did not get far.

What are they hiding on that subject?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

an older thread might have some possibilities...

Senior Clinton aide maintained top secret clearance amid email probe

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Ok, after reading through the transcript I can say that they are very touchy about anything Pagliano & Benghazi related. Any time they got near one of those two topics, objections came fast and from multiple lawyers on Mills' side.

My guess is they know Pagliano has been cooperative, they are very concerned
about the multiple ways they could be caught in perjury.

The Benghazi panel is still out there too.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

What are they hiding on that subject?

This

The questions that were considered off-limits had to do with the procedure used to produce emails to the State Department so they could possibly be released publicly, the people said. Mills, an attorney herself, was not supposed to be asked questions about that — and ultimately never was in the recent interview — because it was considered confidential as an example of attorney-client privilege, the people said.

Clinton aide Cheryl Mills leaves FBI interview briefly after being asked about emails

The process used to determine which emails to delete was the topic considered off limits.

This is what they are using the attorney client privilege to shield.

I note also that the above article says "in the recent interview." I wonder if there has been a subsequent interview in which the FBI got a judge to override attorney client privilege due to crime-fraud exception and went back for a second interview?
edit on 31-5-2016 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
agreed, since when is " i forgot" a valid defense for breaking the law, never as far as i know.i can`t believe she would even try to use such a childish defense (excuse) as that. if nothing else the FBI is eating this stuff up.No wondering it`s taking the FBI so long to investigate this,every time a clinton peon opens their mouth it opens another door for the FBI to investigate. clinton is going down and she`s going to take a lot of her cronies with her.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
They used all the same lies twenty years ago.

It worked for them then.

"Judicial Watch’s discovery resulted in a six-month federal court hearing into the email scandal, during which Clinton officials were deposed, including Cheryl Mills. Mills was, in fact, aware of the missing White House emails but “assumed” someone else was handling the matter.

In an April 28, 2008, ruling in the email scandal, Judge Royce C. Lamberth called Cheryl Mills’ participation in the matter “loathsome.” He further stated Mills was responsible for “the most critical error made in this entire fiasco… Mills’ actions were totally inadequate to address the problem.”

Back then Janet Reno covered for them.

Will Loretta Lynch repeat the cycle?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join