It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Man´s Decline - Increase of Divorces, Depression, Single Households and Materialism...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I don't disagree that some people are living empty lives engrossed with TV and other mind numbing culture smut and an obsession with materialism. However, many people have always had empty lives. You can't seriously believe that people didn't have a soulless existence while sharecropping or starving while being illiterate back in the day?

Life is what you make of it. I've chosen to simplify my life in many ways, but at the same time I'm not going to give up many of the things that make life enjoyable either. I'm just saying on par, most people live a lot better lives today and the vast majority would be miserable if they lives 50, 100, or 200 years ago without all the progressions in the standard of living we have today.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a lot of people never figure out that, he who dies with the most toys doesn`t win anything.
people who try to get the most materialistic things never get enough, people who don`t care about materialistic things always have too many.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Cultural marxism is ruling our world

All the problems you listed are due to business and capitalism (and overpopulation) but you blame it on "marxism"?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join