It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting find on the seafloor of the North Pacific (human shape?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
As I had watched the film Midway yesterday in remembrance of Memorial Day here, today I decided to find it on Google Maps to see the area. While searching for it, I began the trace the volcanic remnant trail on the sea floor that created the now islands of Hawaii. While following that trail back, I discovered the following image on the sea floor.

Direct LINK to are on Google Maps
(in case it is not clearly visible, the coordinates are: 41.057699, 170.567697)

Is it a natural formation? If so, it is quite the coincidence that it resembles a human form.
Is it man-made from ages ago? A forgotten totem to the stars?
In addition, I am not past thinking it is a simple case of pareidolia either.

I thought I would share it with others here as ATS as a potential for a Lost Civilization topic of discussion and exploration. Note there are also some interesting features to the right, sets of dotted areas in a line, that oddly enough count sequentially as 2, 3, 4 in number.

edit on 5/31/2016 by Krakatoa because: spellcheck

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Interesting.....Would organic matter; a human form, last this long on the ocean floor? I'd be willing to bet it some kind of statue. Maybe an ancient statue...?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Pareidolia.
I see some underwater rock ridge.
Thumbs up for effort. You never know what you'll find if you look.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I would normally agree with you here. However, what adds some doubt in my mind are the surrounding features containing mathematical increments. To me, that leaves open a sliver of doubt regarding the regular "it's a rock" answer. Could it still be a rock (or sets of rocks), yes....definitely. In fact the probability of that is very high. However, when combined with the features mentioned above, the probability of some long lost man made structure of some sort does increase, if they were not there at all it would be less probable.

I thought it worth a discussion of the possibilities at least.

edit on 5/31/2016 by Krakatoa because: clarification

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks perfectly natural to me. Not even really a close match to the human form.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Interesting.....Would organic matter; a human form, last this long on the ocean floor? I'd be willing to bet it some kind of statue. Maybe an ancient statue...?

Looks to be about 200 miles from the weirdly shaped head to the feet, so I will go out on a limb and say not organic.

I will go with pareidolia.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That rock has a big bannana in it's pocket.?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Definitely worth discussing.
Sometimes nature is strangely mathematical. Maybe check out some other oceanographic maps for comparison.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's probably Davy Jones.

Harte

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It does look like a human shape and possibly a huge statue? not sure exactly but very interesting.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Looks to be about 200 miles from the weirdly shaped head to the feet, so I will go out on a limb and say not organic.

I will go with pareidolia.

Confirmed your measurements. In addition, zooming in shows that it's a lava flow from a crater.

I'll go with Pareidolia also.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Midway is a great movie i saw it at the theater when i was a kid.everything about that battle is a perfect example of why they are called the greatest generation, and yeah that does kind of look like a person.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Midway is a great movie i saw it at the theater when i was a kid.everything about that battle is a perfect example of why they are called the greatest generation, and yeah that does kind of look like a person.

Yes, that and Tora! Tora! Tora! are my most favorite WWII films (until the recent Imitation Game film). AS for hte greatest generation, there is a line in the film that hits that nail on the head, and if I had a whiny kid, I would quote it all the time. When Charlton Heston says to his son Tom (using his kid nickname Tiger):

I did all I could, and a lot more than I should've.
You're paid to fly fighter planes, not to sit in your cabin and cry over your girl's picture.
You better shape up, Tiger, before a hot-shot Jap pilot flames your ass!

I know some kids today that need to hear that every day, and understand how easy we have it these days compared to them at that time.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

That is one cool looking lava flow. Its a strange world, and just shows how much of the sea floor we know nothing about. I wonder if I should send this off to good ole Georgio T. He could build an entire episode of AA on this one image.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I wonder if that's what caused the famous "Bloop"? Kidding of course, but interesting nonetheless.

top topics

join