It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Vows to End All Hate Speech, Yet They Promote Crimes Against Humanity....WT*?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I noticed you conveniently didn't address any of this, why is that?

Yes I did. Don't lie to the people.

Here is the first thing I said...

There is no benefit.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Would you be a bigot if you posted a factual news story about a violent crime?
Would it be "hate speech" if a person posted a factual incident of a protected class who committed a crime?

No, unless you added your own context to the story and it was bigoted.

I'll bet you anything you like, Facebook will not censor anything hateful said against white people nor Christians, which in of itself, shows the political agenda behind this censoring nonsense!

Eh, I'd say it's highly unlikely they would stop all hate speech except hate speech against whites. I think this comment shows your political agenda if any. Like I said, someone owns Facebook and has a right to moderate their site just like ATS does.

edit on 31-5-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Under net neutrality, didn't the internet become a utility?

Is everything we post under FCC laws now?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
So essentially the platform that people use to take advantage of their freedom of speech here will be monitored?

Female genital mutilation is cruel and unusual, you are corect.

For those of you who do not know what it is, a woman's labia and clitoris are cut off and the (generally) the lips are sewn together to ensure virginity for their future husband.

It is an appalling practice and I do not know why anyone would condone it.

because they can

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

What is "Hate Speech"?

Who should define what it is?

If you can't see the problem after trying to answer those 2 easy questions, then you are the obviously the one with an agenda, not I.

I support freedom of speech, not people who allow themselves to be offended by someone else's words!

Sticks and stones. Grow a backbone!

Also?

If something someone says on the internet offends you? There is a thing called an off button that is very easily pushed OR many other things to do on the internet other than searching for something that offends you? By saying "you" I am not meaning you yourself, but to everyone, who fits the group I am speaking of.....

edit on 31-5-2016 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Oh, so you think it's for cleanliness. Lol. If you have good hygiene then you shouldn't have that problem in the first place.

That's kind of like someone saying the government puts fluoride in the water to keep our teeth white.

That's a pretty weak argument. The baby has no say in it happening yet it is put through the traumatizing experience regardless. It's a disgusting practice in my opinion, just as disgusting as FGM.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
You know, right now people just overreact to words they don't like, and play the victim. But before long, these words will become effective weapons for abusers because they will be so rarely heard, and those same people or their children just will have no way to deal with hearing them when those times come. Sorry, but the words will never be erased. By calling them "hate speech," these people are just making the words that much more powerful.

Besides, when people feel more comfortable saying what's on their mind, we know who they are. For that reason, it's actually important that bad people be allowed to run their mouths. The day is coming when we won't have a clue what's in people's heads until it's too late.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

imod02...said

I have a question, who or what is the driving force behind censorship and PC, and why does it have so much power

intrptr...response

The main stream media is owned by mega corp., start there.

intrptr..you forgot the msm/mega corps usually work for profit - the think tanks and Governments set policy or propaganda

One cannot grow big without the other - you pay (taxes/consumerism) to get more laws passed, less freedoms and told how to live and think.

They are the enemies of the people

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yes I did. Don't lie to the people.

But you didn't address the most important Orwellian doublespeak of the post, did you? You failed to see the most glaring part of the issue and instead chose to twist back to sympathy with "Islam bad Islam bad"

You sound like you may part of the MSM

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Maybe I'm thinking a little too "general" here, but how can one eliminate "hate" speech without speaking "hate" against those claimed to be producing it... thus turning the accuser into one of the accused?

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

intrptr..you forgot the msm/mega corps usually work for profit - the think tanks and Governments set policy or propaganda

The corporations are the dominate influence. In the case of industrial banking they have become so powerful, when they were threatened with bankruptcy in 2008, they out and out blackmailed the gubment:

"Give us trillions or we crash it." The government 'bailed them out", the media whitewashed it and things went on , business as usual.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: amicktd

What is "Hate Speech"?

Who should define what it is?

If you can't see the problem after trying to answer those 2 easy questions, then you are the obviously the one with an agenda, not I.

I support freedom of speech, not people who allow themselves to be offended by someone else's words!

Sticks and stones. Grow a backbone!

Also?

If something someone says on the internet offends you? There is a thing called an off button that is very easily pushed OR many other things to do on the internet other than searching for something that offends you? By saying "you" I am not meaning you yourself, but to everyone, who fits the group I am speaking of.....

Obviously your offended by Facebook making rules that pertains to their company and website.

Maybe we can hire you to come and change all the rules at my company? Would I get any say if I don't agree with the rules you want?

But yea you go on supporting "Free Speech" lol

ETA: Actually why don't you tell SkepticOverlord to change all his T&C's here on ATS to what you want and if he agrees, then I'll agree with your argument.
edit on 2-6-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Facebook sucks. I was put on 24 hour block because I go into an argument with an muslim. This muslim reported me and I reported him back for his threats. They are getting censored happy and only want liberal view points listed.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Guess I will mention this again!! Where is the outcry for antisemitism remarks on the facebook page FGM??!!!

But sure have enough people on here sticking up for the barbarians that do this to young girls and women!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   
The whole idea of "Hate Speech" is itself nothing more than another social manipulation construct. We are all told what constitutes hate speech over and over again and, like good little drones, the masses comply because, well, they don't want to appear as "haters" and be left out of the herd.

The simple truth is, I say what I think needs to be said, from my personal viewpoint and if someone or something needs criticizing, I'll damn well do so. I don't hate anyone! I do however disagree with, on many levels, much of what is happening today and if I think I am being fed BS, or an individual or group acts in a way I think is just not right or is becoming a threat to how I want to live, then of course I will speak out and don't care who gets upset by it. They have every opportunity to debate, discuss and offer a counter argument.

Today though we see all too often simple criticism labeled as hate speech and it must be shut down, according to them, waving images of Hitler and other historical characters around seemingly as justification of what will happen if we allow someone to go off reservation and hold, or voice in public, a contrary opinion. That is NOT free speech, that is conditioned dictatorship and censorship, the very thing they say they are against!

Criminalizing speech and now, according to the EU, suggesting those who have contrary opinions must be reeducated is nothing short of complete dictatorial control and must be stopped. Sure, it's all packaged up for the masses in such a way that it sounds good, but in reality it is censorship backed up with force. Either comply or they'll destroy you any way they can, and as they made the rules, it's all legal too!

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Cutting the foreskin off of a baby boys penis is cruel too but I don't see Christians speaking out against it in huge numbers, in fact they allow it for the most part.

This whole Islamaphobia thing is getting really annoying. If you call one religion out for something then why not other religions who do the same thing?

Circumcision in any form is genital mutilation! It serves no good purpose.

Because FGM is usually done with rusty razor blades or broken glass, no antiseptic or anesthetic.

Nice of you trying to compare the male and female circumcisions as the same.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

so true

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join