It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Social Media Vows to End All Hate Speech, Yet They Promote Crimes Against Humanity....WT*?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The article this morning stating that Facebook vows to end all hate speech....

Special unit to monitor and delete extremist posts from Facebook The US-based technology company has also hired a special unit to monitor and delete racist posts on its German platform. The initiative is supported by the German Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection, the London-based Institute for Strategic Dialogue, the Amadeu Antonio Foundation, one of Germany’s foremost, independent NGOs, and the International Centre for the Study of Radicalisation and Political Violence.

Link

So if this is in fact the case, how in God's name can Facebook promote, allow, advocate or whatever you want to call it, this???

reports the mission statement for the page is to “clear misconceptions of the[ Islamic practice of female circumcision and counter misinformation against it.”

Part of that agenda is, of course, an effort to replace the term “female genital mutilation” with “female circumcision.”

Also unsurprisingly, the page’s offerings are served up with a side order of anti-Semitic paranoia. For example, one post spotlighted by Foreign Desk News is titled “Female Circumcision – The Hidden Truth: How Misogynists and Feminists are feeding upon each other to denigrate an Islamic practice that brings untold benefits to women.”

The author claims that these health benefits have been “overlooked to conform to Islamophobic sentiments expressed by a largely Jewish controlled media,” which is naturally far less critical of male circumcision because “male circumcision is a Jewish practice and female circumcision is not.”

There are even infographics touting both the alleged health benefits and religious justification for FGM, which the page assures women is part of their duty to both Allah and their husbands:

[Breitbart.com]

Hello????? POT CALLING KETTLE!!!!

Now you may call me an ISLAMOPHOBE for calling Facebook out on their hypocrisy but i assure this is not the reason ... I THINK THIS PRACTICE IS CRUEL, BARBARIC AND INHUMANE....And is a method used to control and oppress Muslim women....

So is there anyone on this site that can explain the benefit of FGM?? I really would like to know....

Thanks for your time,

Pax

edit on 5/31/2016 by paxnatus because: grammar

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There is no benefit.

But to claim it's an Islamic practice is so far from the truth I don't even want to debate any nonsensical replies I will get.

It happens in majority Christian countries across Africa too.

But yeah Islam bad Islam Bad must denigrate Islam.

Not in the Quran?
That doesn't matter.

Let's say it is anyways.

Edit;
www.stopfgmmideast.org...

Before anyone cries at me to cite my source.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Noted.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So essentially the platform that people use to take advantage of their freedom of speech here will be monitored?

Female genital mutilation is cruel and unusual, you are corect.

For those of you who do not know what it is, a woman's labia and clitoris are cut off and the (generally) the lips are sewn together to ensure virginity for their future husband.

It is an appalling practice and I do not know why anyone would condone it.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: paxnatus

What exactly IS hate speech? The quick search reveals...

Hate speech is speech that offends, threatens, or insults groups, based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or other traits.
(Emphasis mine).

Anyone can be offended by basically anything. Where exactly do they want to draw the line?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I hate to say it but facebook is a private company, and though I suspect rather than respect their stance on speech, I respect their right to set the rules on their products. But if this is true, we know now that facebook is not a bastion of free speech, but is a tool of censorship, consensus, and paternalism—kind of like Europe.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Facebook is a private business that you do not have to use, there are other social media platforms.

FGM is absolutely horrible. Some Muslims do this to girls but it isn't only Muslims that do it. Often when people discuss FGM it is only done to disparage the Islamic faith. FGM should be denounced period.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Hold your horses, it´s on "social" media, so who cares?

People with a life, friends and a working brain don´t need to post their food or to tell their FB"friends" that they visit the toilet now. Or to tell burglars when someone is on vacation, or on a business trip...

And if someone makes money with my data, with my personal data, then this will be myself, why should i give it to facebook, or what else "social" media?

So, let them "social" media users censor themselves, who cares?

And what did you think would the future of the web look like, when multinational corporations and intelligence agencies are the rulers of the web. That it stays free? When it ever was free, maybe the first days of the internet.

We live in a 1984ish society and time, war is peace and all that, but some people just start to wake up now, way too late, while others are laughed about, because they are "conspiracy theorists"...
Till the next "conspiracy" becomes truth and public.

But as long it hits only "social" media...

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Sad but the people that surport FGM are insecure people who need to feel important and a "real"man. A woman who has suffered FGM is seen as safe as the man does not have to worry about" keeping her happy" but can" just ram it in". BTW FMG can not be compaired to male circumcision, if you wish to compair FGM to the male then the nearest you can get is cutting there balls off. Still we can only live in hope that in there culture MBCO (male ball cutting off) will become the norm

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Facebook is like a Religion, the more Organized and Rigid it's guidelines, the more Evil it becomes.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
Facebook is like a Religion, the more Organized and Rigid it's guidelines, the more Evil it becomes.

So true , how long before the pichfork and torch mob are out side your door, and many many others

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

So true , how long before the pichfork and torch mob are out side your door, and many many others

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The initiative is supported by the German Ministry of Justice and Consumer Protection,

TRAITORS

that brings untold benefits to women.

from MEDICAL DICTIONARY Circa 700 AD found in the middle east, near Mecca
Why should women enjoy sex - their barbarian husbands know whats best for them.

jewish conspiracy

OF COURSE IT IS, "BLAME THE JEW" - to allow the destruction of Europe

Truth is fiction fiction is truth - Ministry of Truth - 1984 George Orwell

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

well when 90+ % percent of Arabs are Muslim, you do the math.

I noticed you conveniently didn't address any of this, why is that?

“clear misconceptions of the[ Islamic practice of female circumcision and counter misinformation against it.” Part of that agenda is, of course, an effort to replace the term “female genital mutilation” with “female circumcision.”

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Well they get "the State (Police/Courts)" to pitchfork you, all paid by your taxes - how neat is that!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Deleting Facebook in it's entirety from the internet would immensely assist Facebook in it's quest to combat hate speech.

It's also an interesting observation to see that they have been presumptuous enough to appointed themselves as the global Social Justice Warriors on some righteous crusade to re-educate the masses on what constitutes 'hate speech'.

Dictatorships and Fascist regime's operate using this same technique - total information control using censorship, lies, deception and propaganda.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: imod02

Well they get "the State (Police/Courts)" to pitchfork you, all paid by your taxes - how neat is that!

Still its not all bad, we can see the light of day shining from the pichfork holes

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes, I agree with you about tool of censorship, however, it is also Youtube, twitter, snapchat and instagram....They said Social Media...so they are talking all media outlets where the people better learn to control our tongues..Welcome to the 4th Reich!

The words "hate speech" is a subjective term at best. Depending on your audience, anyone can be offended by anything these days! Welcome to the 4th Reich!

Thank God ATS had the integrity and intelligence to put terms and conditions in place, regarding this very thing, years ago...

And i am not about making ad homien attacks or racist comments i am talking about how easily it is to misinterpret text!
It happens all the time!

Pax

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

People think that they have free speech on the internet, but for practically every outlet, it is privately owned and heavily monitored.

Social websites will engineer people because if they think it is done on Facebook and other sites, it is done everywhere in society.

There are days when I wish for an EMP.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
Sad but the people that surport FGM are insecure people who need to feel important and a "real"man. A woman who has suffered FGM is seen as safe as the man does not have to worry about" keeping her happy" but can" just ram it in". BTW FMG can not be compaired to male circumcision, if you wish to compair FGM to the male then the nearest you can get is cutting there balls off. Still we can only live in hope that in there culture MBCO (male ball cutting off) will become the norm

So well said and yes, i am aware of how horrific the butchery is, and why they do it....I think i read another article stating that the men say it is more hygienic and keeps you from getting cancer, some stupid tripe that they seem to believe....who the hell knows! I also think the men that do this to women whether or not it is a cultural standard or religious practice , deserves to be prosecuted exactly like a rapist would!! Or be castrated!!

Pax

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The truth is a voice that is beening killed and raped by censorship and PC. I have a question, who or what is the driving force behind censorship and PC, and why does it have so much power

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join