It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open apologiy to ATS members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It has recently come to my attention that there are many ATS members currently discussing this Mandela Effect that honestly do not want to find a down-to-earth solution. They are treating it as a ghost story of sorts, and want to simply enjoy the suspense and mystery around following this for it's entertainment and mind-opening value. I, in my zeal to solve a puzzle, have repeatedly attempted to truly discover some underlying earth-bound cause for this effect.

This attempt on my part was never meant as a slight or defamation of anyone....truly. I was merely trying to help solve a mystery, using the research skills at my disposal....and sharing my findings with those here at ATS that I thought were struggling and suffering over this effect. My intentions were always good, and honest. I had no agenda other than to help what appeared to me to be folks in need of assistance.

To those I say, sorry. I didn't know at all I was "spitting in your s'mores".

edit on 5/31/2016 by Krakatoa because: spellcheck

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The earth bound cause is clearly just a bad memory. There is no such thing as the Mandela effect except in some people's imagination.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa
Well I can tell you right now you have not offended me in any way, only by free speach and looking at something from outside the box can knowage be gained. As far as the Mandela effect is concerned I am not a beliver but enjoy reading about it.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

You were trying to Deny Ignorance a one time aspiration of this site , unless you were intentionally offensive to anyone I see no reason for you to apologize for taking on BS.
Perhaps we need a let's pretend forum because that's all the Mandela Effect is.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And.....that is the point (so I am told). There is some faction of members that do not want to find an Earth-bound solution. They want to have fun simply speculating on the wild theories and potentials that could fit the pieces together. I see it now as sort of a "group story incubator" to create a modern mythos. WE are witnessing the birth of a new mythos for our time.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Er.. Who are you?

Just kidding.. No need to apologise my friend I've seen a lot worse posts than yours.. You always come across as quite polite..

Anyway are we not sick to death of talking about peoples false memories..

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

You were trying to Deny Ignorance a one time aspiration of this site , unless you were intentionally offensive to anyone I see no reason for you to apologize for taking on BS.
Perhaps we need a let's pretend forum because that's all the Mandela Effect is.

So well said, thank you

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Unless you were rude and obnoxious like me, you really have nothing to apologize for. That's the beauty of ATS. We each come at things from our own perspective. Just think of the benefit we get every day from all those different views and angles? Yours included. I sincerely hope my most ardent of detractors never gets banned. I'd miss seeing certain topics through her mind.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No need for any apology,

The one post where you explained why Froot Loops was spelled Fruit loops in many other publications and what not due to copyright laws was an excellent post that was simply brushed off by the OP of that thread.

The way it was dismissed was a real eye opener to exactly what you describe in this thread of yours.

Thank you for your efforts

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Perhaps this is true...in your timeline.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   

We are seeing what The 5th Dimension sang about in the early 70s....timelines are shifting in this Earth-bound reality. WE are living in most interesting times!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

No need for any apology,

The one post where you explained why Froot Loops was spelled Fruit loops in many other publications and what not due to copyright laws was an excellent post that was simply brushed off by the OP of that thread.

The way it was dismissed was a real eye opener to exactly what you describe in this thread of yours.

Thank you for your efforts

Thanks. As I said, I was merely trying to provide concrete data to support my position. Had I clearly understood it was not the point of the exercise, I would not have wasted those hours of research and drafting that post.

Live and learn I guess.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

Please keep the ME details in those other threads. Frankly, I do not want to discuss it here.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I understand and I read those threads sometimes but. I can only take so much before I've had my fill.
Like the flat earth or chem trail or FEMA camps threads. They're entertaining not educational.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
That's a pretty large sized ego that you must have if you believe you were the 'leader' of the Mandela effect crackpots on here.
That you feel you should apologize for creating all the turmoil...
How odd.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

How did you arrive at that conclusion? I make no such claim, and make this thread about myself, and myself only. Perhaps there is a bit of transference on your part in that respect. However, that was definitely NOT my intention, and never even entered my mind at all.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A 'Transference' ?
I can assure you I have not made any threads regarding the subject.
The title of this thread was how I arrived at my conclusion.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
That's a pretty large sized ego that you must have if you believe you were the 'leader' of the Mandela effect crackpots on here.
That you feel you should apologize for creating all the turmoil...
How odd.

could you please explain your post here?
I realize that being the "first" is important here, but in this case, being the first to inject fantasy into a thread might not be the best look for you.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

And, please, point out to me where in my posting here I claimed to be some "leader" of the issue? I speak for myself, and my posts on the matter. Period, end of story. If you misread or misunderstood that simple fact, that is on you to resolve.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamnotadoctor
A 'Transference' ?
I can assure you I have not made any threads regarding the subject.
The title of this thread was how I arrived at my conclusion.

I think you missed the point. en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join