It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

game of thrones : the hodor ` back story ` rant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

HAhaha that always cracks me up about these discussions... well that couldn't have happened because_____. Because we're discussing a biography?
edit on 5/31/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The idea of the writers incorporating time travel into the story gave me a serious nerd-gasm.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: SaturnFX
You reckon The Hound died?

The big theory is he is the Gravedigger on The Quiet Isle and may return to battle the Mountain in Cersei's trial by combat.

No clue who the gravedigger is..book reference?
but my god...thats a damn good theory. I knew she was far too blase when discussing the mountain..but nobody I could think of could even remotely come close to killing him..nor would even want to given he tends to rip peoples heads apart

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
The idea of the writers incorporating time travel into the story gave me a serious nerd-gasm.

It seldom works out well though. the second a person can influence the past is the second endless paradoxes start popping up.
such as, why not stop the creation of the white walkers, or warg into Ned Stark and say no to Robert Baratheon when he asked him to become hand of the king, or etc..

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
No clue who the gravedigger is..book reference?
but my god...thats a damn good theory. I knew she was far too blase when discussing the mountain..but nobody I could think of could even remotely come close to killing him..nor would even want to given he tends to rip peoples heads apart

Yeah, that is a book reference. Brienne thinks she may have spotted him near the coast because his horse is on the island and there is a hooded man digging graves. The answer she gets from the priest there is not really the most succinct on whether it is him or not so the speculation has been about the 'Clegane Bowl' for some time.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

***** Spoiler *****

It's about potential time travel. If you allow time travel to mess up or alter one thing from present to past, there are always a bunch of questions along the lines of: Why don't you save your father, brother, mother, sister, dire wolves, etc.?

If you can warg around altering how Walder talks forever after, then why not warg around saving and altering all those other things?

That's why time alteration is seldom done well in stories, not matter what time period we are talking about. You have to be flawless in the execution or there will always be 1,000 unanswered questions and loose ends.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Time travel don't make sense unless you are not really time traveling to the past but merely moving to a new dimension that looks like your past. Bran wont change anything because he was there to begin with.

Anyways if anyone of you want to see a good movie about people trying to change the past i recommend predestination. awesome movie

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

That's already the first problem with it. It's a paradoxical occurrence. You have the presumption of a past dependent on a future that has not happened and vice versa.

***** Spoilers *******

In other words, how can you have any Hodor without Bran and how can you have any Bran without Hodor? The answer is that you can't, but you do. It does not work.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It does work if bran cannot change the past, all he does is predestined because it has happened before, a loop, nothing gets changed. if they start to change the pass then it makes no sense, i said this in another thread

After the last green seer that never actually get named, he just say i been called by many names when asked if he is the 3 eyes crow, says that it is time for Bran to become him, all is pretty clear, they are in a big time loop, bran will bring down the wall due to nights king mark bringing the long night, Jon will become Azor Ahai, and after he defeats the white walkers bran will rebuild the wall, starting over the 10k+ years cycle until it becomes time again for bran to ruin it all.

Interesting now that time travel have been confirmed there is a new theory that little finger is able to retain knowledge of the previous time loops and he is actively working to stop Bran, this is inferred by some little finger dialogue, he may be the great other.

All in all time travel is messy and it will ruin ASOIAF.

I like to be fringe

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Again he cannot change the past he has to change in order to exist. It is paradox.

The past must be changed for Bran to exist, but Bran cannot change the past because it is predestined or else the past cannot be the future.

It is as I said ... How can have any Bran without Hodor, but you can't have any Hodor without Bran. Paradox.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   

but the hordor " transformation " seems to have been unknown

Well, from any witness point of view, he simply fell down, started convulsing, and then chanting. By the time most got near him, the "Hold the Door" mantra had devolved to "Hodador, hodador....hodor...hodor..."

The easiest way to deal with paradox is to ignore it. Only we humans care about it.
edit on 1-6-2016 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join