It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Britain leaves the EU, an asteroid will strike London and their toilets will be confiscated.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think its actually the BREXIT group which is making fun of the scare tactics being used by "Remain".

Though I could have it backwards, wont be the first time!

Boris Johnson of course wouldn't resort to scare tactics - of course due to EU regulations we can only buy bananas in bunches limited to a maximum of three per bunch. Of course any # idiot could check they were talking sense by actually looking, but no, not Boris.

I love balanced threads on ATS - shame they are as rare as rocking horse sh!t

So if I read that correctly, you can only buy either two or three bananas, never four and one is right out?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The BBC are one of the biggest culprits in all this scaremongering, everyday when I visit their app to check the news out there's another headline about how disastrous it's gunna be if we vote out. Whenever the leave campaign speaks it never nearly gets the same amount of attention. At the very least the BBC, which is meant to present news not have opinions on it, is clearly biased towards remain, although I suspect there is some sort of collusion with government over the matter.

The BBC is a joke! Every time they run a story about Chinese media they have to mention how they outlets are state controlled. The only difference between Chinese media and our own in the west is that at least the Chinese ones admit state interference. The hypocrisy of these people is unbelievable.

I'm all for integration of states because I believe there could be benefits to unions like this. However I'd never vote to remain in a Union that's governed by an unelected plutocracy. Wikileaks recently exposed that the IMF would be more than happy to inflict hardship on Greeks just to force through economic reforms. Are these the kind of people we want to Govern us? Well I know my answer anyway, VOTE OUT!!!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: gladtobehere
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I think its actually the BREXIT group which is making fun of the scare tactics being used by "Remain".

Though I could have it backwards, wont be the first time!

Boris Johnson of course wouldn't resort to scare tactics - of course due to EU regulations we can only buy bananas in bunches limited to a maximum of three per bunch. Of course any # idiot could check they were talking sense by actually looking, but no, not Boris.

I love balanced threads on ATS - shame they are as rare as rocking horse sh!t

So if I read that correctly, you can only buy either two or three bananas, never four and one is right out?

You can buy them in bunches of as many as you want, it was a ridiculously stupid point made by one of the Brexit leaders.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The fear mongering and general BS on both sides of the non debate has reached new levels of retardedness. There's literally no room at all for a sensible discussion, just propaganda and vapid utopian dream selling.

This is the worst election campaign I've ever seen and am utterly sick of it all already. Am gonna vote out but the reality is it's not gonna make the slightest bit of difference to the average person on the street either way. Services will not improve, taxes will not decrease and our lives will be just as crap as they were the day before.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And that, ladies and germs, is how you write a killer one paragraph synopsis for submission to Baen Books.

Masterful ++ Would star again!

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
The fear mongering and general BS on both sides of the non debate has reached new levels of retardedness. There's literally no room at all for a sensible discussion, just propaganda and vapid utopian dream selling.

This is the worst election campaign I've ever seen and am utterly sick of it all already. Am gonna vote out but the reality is it's not gonna make the slightest bit of difference to the average person on the street either way. Services will not improve, taxes will not decrease and our lives will be just as crap as they were the day before.

All true. But then you can only blame yourselves....

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: ketsuko

And that, ladies and germs, is how you write a killer one paragraph synopsis for submission to Baen Books.

Masterful ++ Would star again!

You do realise that urinal thing is not real, right? It's a pathetic attempt by the magazine involved to suggest that the remain camp will come out with all sorts of doomsday scenarios whereas the exit camp would never stoop so low.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

from the quoted article

"Best to stay in the EU," said Governor Mark Carney. "We failed to predict the 2007/8 crash, the greatest economic downturn in modern history. But we have a great track record when it comes to wind and piss. Trust us."

Who is Mark Carney? Well, well well - this explains it. A BANKSTER!

from Wiki
Mark Carney Economist Mark Joseph Carney, OC is an Irish-Canadian economist who currently serves as Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the G20's Financial Stability Board

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

because Santa wouldn't be able to get his passport approved in time.

bugger the passport, he wouldn't even be allowed to apply, not from the middle east and he celebrates an "Invaders Xmas Culture", and "he didn't say sorry for being white and entitled"

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just so I am clear, is an asteroid strike on London a reason to vote to stay or exit?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Apparently the asteroid will make a sudden 45 degree turn in an upwards direction if everybody votes to stay.

So unless you want to die in a fiery end-of-the-world explosion brought on by a mammoth sized rock of death, then you had damn well better vote to stay in !

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

from the quoted article

"Best to stay in the EU," said Governor Mark Carney. "We failed to predict the 2007/8 crash, the greatest economic downturn in modern history. But we have a great track record when it comes to wind and piss. Trust us."

from Wiki
Mark Carney Economist Mark Joseph Carney, OC is an Irish-Canadian economist who currently serves as Governor of the Bank of England and Chairman of the G20's Financial Stability Board

He's the governor of the bank of England, are you saying he isn't allowed to give his own opinion balanced by the level of risk he sees?

Are you somehow missing the point? You know the quote "We failed to predict the 2007/8 crash, the greatest economic downturn in modern history. But we have a great track record when it comes to wind and piss. Trust us." is satirical from a brexit column looking to pour any cold water on anyone with any kind of measured comment because, well............ not a lot of people anywhere are currently giving a measured reason to leave?

Anyone from either camp who can quote actual balanced quotes not taken from a satirical piece, feel free to join in.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

All considered, I suspect most places would be better off as fully independent nations. Doesn't sit well with globalists/NWO types/Antichrist plans, though.

Hence, the scare tactics.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

from the quoted article

from Wiki

He's the governor of the bank of England, are you saying he isn't allowed to give his own opinion balanced by the level of risk he sees?

Are you somehow missing the point? You know the quote "We failed to predict the 2007/8 crash, the greatest economic downturn in modern history. But we have a great track record when it comes to wind and piss. Trust us." is satirical from a brexit column looking to pour any cold water on anyone with any kind of measured comment because, well............ not a lot of people anywhere are currently giving a measured reason to leave?

Anyone from either camp who can quote actual balanced quotes not taken from a satirical piece, feel free to join in.

Its all speculation and hearsay, no one knows what will happen which is why we have the scare stories and fear mongering running rife from both camps, no one can PREDICT what is going to happen, if they could, they would win the Lotto every week. They dont.

Its all BS, to top it off we have p!ssed off one or two countries (or 27) in Europe by our shenanigans, whatever the outcome the relationship will NEVER be the same again. Stay in and sit on the naughty step for the next millennia, Opt out ...... deal with it and flip the bird to Junker

I'm for out.

Thanks for reading

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Just so I am clear, is an asteroid strike on London a reason to vote to stay or exit?

I'd say it mostly depends how much you like London. If you don't like it (or something in it), then vote for the Brexit and watch it burn.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This utter dog#e is the best they can come up with?

Wow. Just wow.

Sounds like satire.
edit on -050003pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Unfortunately that's true too

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This has made my day.. I love satire.

I must take these straight to a Facebook trending post.. people have to be warned!

edit on 1/6/2016 by L.A.B because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   

from the quoted article

from Wiki

Was he giving his own opinion or was he fed the lines by the remain camp?

There have been some crazy facts and figures being bandied about by both sides and for almost two weeks we were being told how worse off we would be economically, by exiting. Then immigration figures come out and the remain camp had no answer for that, except to claim anyone who refers to the immigration question must be a racist.

I am just surprised people are willing to remain within a union that is undemocratic. None of the law makers (Commissioners) are elected or accountable. That's where the real problem lies for me.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

from the quoted article

from Wiki

Was he giving his own opinion or was he fed the lines by the remain camp?

There have been some crazy facts and figures being bandied about by both sides and for almost two weeks we were being told how worse off we would be economically, by exiting. Then immigration figures come out and the remain camp had no answer for that, except to claim anyone who refers to the immigration question must be a racist.

I am just surprised people are willing to remain within a union that is undemocratic. None of the law makers (Commissioners) are elected or accountable. That's where the real problem lies for me.

Of course, the Brexit people will say anyone and any thing that suggests risks associated with leaving the EU is either plain wrong, lying for their own agenda or is in the pocket of the remain camp. Sorry, but that's how it is, and that's not my problem, it's what led to the title of this OP - say anything remotely against leaving and you are spreading fear. There is a reason for that IMHO, it's because the main Brexit leaders can't give a reasoned argument against the comments.

With immigration (from people within the EU), I don't think it's quite straightforward to say that anyone who speaks about it either is or isn't racist. The New Labour and Newer (but really 70's/80's rebooted) Labour strove to make immigration a dirty word which didn't help and made discussion difficult, but that can't hide the fact that there is an undercurrent of racism with some people. I'm not going to dwell too much on that because I know how easy a target that will make me in any thread about this referendum and it's just not worth being trolled.
edit on 1-6-2016 by uncommitted because: added an er

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join