It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never-Trump conservatives search for alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Bill Kristol and other Never-Trump Republicans have done extensive polling and talked to potential candidates and financial backers about how to stop Donald Trump, according to sources familiar with those efforts.

They understand that getting on the ballot at this late stage will be a challenge but insist they can overcome that with the right candidate and resources.
Never-Trump conservatives search for alternative

I think the following comments sum up how elite "conservatives" see Trump versus Clinton.

“He’s an ignorant, amoral, dishonest and manipulative, misogynistic, philandering, hyper-litigious, isolationist, protectionist blowhard,” Mr. Vlock said.

Mr. Vlock said he might give to Hillary Clinton instead, describing her as “the devil we know.”

“I really believe our republic will survive Hillary,” he said.
Key G.O.P. Donors Still Deeply Resist Donald Trump’s Candidacy

It looks to me like Trump will have to beat both the Democrats and the vast majority of the elite from both sides to win the election. He has to beat the demographics too.

Clinton vs. Trump: Predicting The Electoral College

It looks like it's Trump and his supporters versus the world right now.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Maybe stephen king will run. lol.

These idiots are idiots in the 1st degree.

"the devil you know" right-o, mate!

Hope he doesn't get to find out what a hillary will do as potus.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why does the song " Eye of the tiger" come to mind when reading your OP ?
Fits

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Everyone who thinks the world is not going to Hell, based on who gets elected, raise your hand.

Bueller?......
Bueller?...........
Bueller?....................

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Never Trump conservatives are delusional war criminals.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"Never Trump" Consrvatives are just butt hurt Establishment Republicans crying because they for once didn't get their way.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
"Never Trump" Consrvatives are just butt hurt Establishment Republicans crying because they for once didn't get their way.

i think this is it.

the GOP, under the bush/rove regime, were 'neocons'. the base hated them, or learned to hate them. so now the dynamic is changing within the party. rove always said 'be unabashadly conservative', encouraging his party to espouse the extreme right. and it won elections for a decade.

and left a party in shambles once finished.

now if we could get the dnc to implode, too.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Gary Johnson is well placed to be a genuine alternative to Clinton and Trump in this presidential cycle. Gary has the opportunity to moderate the Libertarian platform and provide a platform for the party to build upon in future Congressional elections. By focusing on a issue like tax reform and ending overlapping/ineffective government programs Gary could pick up the votes of moderate Conservatives and the likes of small business owners.

Gaining 10-15% of the popular vote would generate backlash from the GOP and Trump supporters. I don't know if the GOP ever stopped blaming Ross Perot for the 1992 General Election result. I think this is the biggest stumbling block to the Libertarian Party jumping out of the blocks after Clinton enters the White House. The fact Johnson and Nikki Haley weren't even in the primary race mix shows how far the GOP has gone off the deep end.

new topics

top topics

join