It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flat Earth Society is triggering my triggers.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The Earth is not flat idiots!

Just admit that you are trolling for clicks on YouTube or concede that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Lets assume the Earth is flat for a minute. It leaves many questions unanswered.

1. How thick is this Flat Earth?
2. What is over the edge of this Flat Earth?
3. What is keeping the Earth from falling into whatever is down below the Earth?
4. Why doesn't the Sun and Moon fall down to the Earth?
5. What magical material is the sky dome made of?
6. What causes the Coriolis effect?
7. Where do meteorites come from and what makes them decide to land on Flat Earth?

I have been looking for these answers watching some of the Flat Earth videos and no one brings this up.

This is the thing that really pisses me off. Flat Earther's want you to provide scientific evidence of a round Earth but then they use the Bible as their evidence. When you do provide real evidence of a round Earth or even experiments that can be done by any human being, they refute those arguments as CGI/hoax/lies ect. They cannot be bothered by facts.

This is not the same as the global warming debate yet it has been compared as such. Round Earth has been proven as a fact, its not a hypothesis or theory. Its an observable fact just like water is wet and the Sun is bright. Fact.

This leads me to believe that FE people are simply trolls. If you truly believe in a FE universe, please try and convince me that the Earth is flat. Give me an experiment to prove it once and for all.
edit on 30-5-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BIGPoJo

Give me an experiment to prove it once and for all.

Just jump in a plane and start flying.... eventually you'll hit a wall... or something

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Give me an experiment to prove it once and for all.

Just jump in a plane and start flying.... eventually you'll hit a wall... or something

They explain that too lol. Apparently when you fly from East to West or vice versa, you fly in a huge circle and pilots are tricked by the compass which points to North and North just so happens to be at the center of the Flat Earth. They also claim that both the North and South poles are off limits to flying (which is not true, but they can't be bothered with facts).

EDIT - Oh, and BTW, the South pole is the great wall of ice preventing from going off the edge of the Flat Earth. Its actually a ring wall of ice around the edge according to them.
edit on 30-5-2016 by BIGPoJo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is the thing that really pisses me off.

Personally, I have no way of knowing either way, but man, don't get pissed. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, no?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm someone very open yet very skeptic, so I seriously don't know what shape is the Earth as I never did a full experiment myself.

Try to go over Antarctica and see where you end up.

I would try but I don't have the money, and probably the clearence, it would take.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

Personally, I have no way of knowing either way, but man, don't get pissed. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, no?

Everyone has a right to an opinion but when you are stating your opinion as fact no matter what your motive, it is wrong. In this case people are going to ruin the minds of youngsters that are impressionable.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You ask "What is over the edge of this Flat Earth? "

Earth is a mobius strip in all directions.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNaR

You ask "What is over the edge of this Flat Earth? "

Earth is a mobius strip in all directions.

Draw me a picture of it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

originally posted by: donktheclown

Everyone has a right to an opinion but when you are stating your opinion as fact no matter what your motive, it is wrong. In this case people are going to ruin the minds of youngsters that are impressionable.

Are you stating that it is a proven fact that the earth is a sphere?

I think the universe is a lot more strange than you think it is,

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Here i'll solve the problem...

IF you watch this video you can clearly see the earth is actually changing shape all the time...

It bends from concave to convex...

So we're all wrong... its not flat... its not round... we live on a wave...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Try to go over Antarctica and see where you end up.

Better yet, go to flightradar24.com and wonder why there are no flights over the southern oceans. I've been watching for a full week and I haven't seen one yet. One example: Santiago Chile to Brisbane Australia is about 7,000 mile and the Boeing 777 has a 10,000 mile range - but no overseas flights that I've seen, yet.
Sorry about drift.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aristotle

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

And we all have the right to call your opinion bat # crazy.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Quick google-fu shows that may not be exactly what he said.
publicnoises.blogspot.com...

But more a combination of two things that I guess you might be able to argue is a paraphrase at best.

edit on thMon, 30 May 2016 17:13:52 -0500America/Chicago520165280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well If Ari didn't say it..

Then I will claim it myself, because it makes sense : )

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

funny every cvilization ever knew the earth to be flat

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Hmmm So i did that...

And one just departed... curious if he vanish..

www.flightradar24.com...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Why don't flat earthers ever show a picture of the edge of the earth or the so-called ice wall.

We know why.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

That is not a fair statement.

First: There are pictures enough showing the ice-wall... Now you can start debating if it is Thé Ice-wall... thats another story.
But as long as Antarctica is military a controlled zone.. you can not expect or ask for pictures taken with the purpose of proofing.. simply because acces is not allowed.

edit on 30-5-2016 by EartOccupant because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
Why don't flat earthers ever show a picture of the edge of the earth or the so-called ice wall.

We know why.

I'll just leave this right here

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join