It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul slams Congress for not reading Bills. Mic drops the US Senate.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This first video is from a similar rant back in 2012.

He's complaining that they had no time to read a 600 page Bill which is about to be passed.

But this more recent rant was just a few days ago and this time it seems like he's REALLY sick and tired of the BS.

After he's done owning these so called "representatives", he damn near does a mic drop.

edit on 30-5-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Man! I sure wish he had been the GOP nominee...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

How about VP and being put in charge of government reform?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

VP to Paul Ryan? OK.
VP to John Kasich? Better.
VP to Trump? Ugh! I guess Rand would be better than whatever gangster Trump is likely to pick.

I love the idea of Rand being in charge of government reform. I think he'd improve a LOT of things. Maybe even Congress' approval rating.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Rand in charge of government reform as VP.
Trey Gowdy as Attorney General.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I bet the people Rand is speaking about who refuse to follow any rules, not just their own rules, call him Rant Paul. What a nice way to conduct America's business, and it fits perfectly and dovetails with the policies of the Obama Kremlin today.

They all need to be dragged from capitol hill in leg irons and put in some big hole in the ground.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I hope this triggers the beginning of a Trend to, good for him!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Isn't it also true that they purposefully make these bills hard to read and understand?

We are beyond help as a society at this point, there are just so many problems. We would almost have to change everything from the ground up to make things right. The whole system is rife with corruption and stupidity, every single inch of it.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Trey Gowdy as Attorney General.

Come on! LOL! You must know what a stretch it is for me to say nice things about Rand Paul, Paul Ryan and even entertain the idea of Trump being president. Mentioning the Gowdy possibility is just too much!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
In fairness, how can one expect congress to be able to read when the Secretary of State and potential POTUS can't figure out how to use email or computer passwords?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We are all tired of the BS! I had teased a friend of mine a year ago, who told me he was voting for Gary Johnson! Ha, I always considered Liberterians to be Looney-Loos! To my surprise, Johnson was able to get Weld to be nominated as his VP. Holy cow! 2 ex-republican governors that actually won 2/3 majority democrat states! He'll, Weld was backing Kasich just weeks ago, now is VP for Liberterians. Ron and Rand Paul were Liberterians too.

If you are frustrated with the current two party choices, I would suggest you check out the New Liberterian party that is developing out of this election. Doesn't seem as crazy as current options...Clinton, Sanders, or Trump! Just $.02 from a voter who didn't actually like Rand nor Ron Paul and always used to settle for a repub or Dem.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Congress love the people being obsessed with arguing over presidential candidates. It keep people from seeing who is the real problem, Congress.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Congress love the people being obsessed with arguing over presidential candidates. It keep people from seeing who is the real problem, Congress.

I would imagine if a third party took office though, it would scare them $hitle$$ in future elections! Don't you think?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

All 435 seats are up for grabs in November. Maybe we should start debating those candidates.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I would imagine if a third party took office though, it would scare them $hitle$$ in future elections! Don't you think?

It would mean a couple of decades latter congress might change. As of now a third just means Congress does it's usual nothing in protest. (except for things that benefit them)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

He was my favorite choice.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I think a lot of those people are just there for the fabulous retirement package.

Sal

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Good lord! Paul just told everyone to do their jobs, read the bills, and to use their brains when voting! Mic drop indeed!

Love this guy and his dad too!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I kinda like the guy. He has some strong stances, not all of them I agree with, but at least he has a sense of decency.
edit on 30-5-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This won't happen unless they get rid of the requirement to spend 4 hrs/day fundraising.

I love debating a bill. It would take time but at least bills could be more if they are the right ones.

As it is now they just take someone's word for it who may have an agenda that agrees with theirs or not. Our system as it is would make the signers turn over in their graves...not to mention many awake americans.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join