It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Used & Betrayed – 100 Years of US Troops as Lab Rats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

I have not seen that, thanks yet again. The same thought crossed my mind about the records, but so did reading between the lines you might say. Also, to be fair, as far as I know as per my illness after inoculation, I barely remember talking with the doctor and maybe the inference was I contracted one of the diseases/conditions I was being given the shots for in the first place.

One other thing that may or may not have any relation. I was always a smaller framed guy. Athletic and wiry, but not bigger boned or bulky. About a year into service, I had a significant growth spurt and bulked up considerably. I always associated it with the Army, but not in any secret experiment way. More along the lines of, wow, the Army really bulked me up finally with all that PT and adventure! Granted I was only 19 going on 20 at the time, so I guess that happens.

Whether bad reaction or experimental cocktail, I'm certainly grateful not to have been done like the THOUSANDS of victim "subjects" who got much worse and damn nonchalantly at that. So this Memorial Day, I'm with those who remember ALL of these used & abused brothers & sisters of ours too. I think this thread is damn patriotic. I damn well know that many of the victims were.

edit on 30-5-2016 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
About to enlist. Going to a MEPS in two days. Any tips for me from you vets?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Luuke123

Don't show either too much or too little promise? Then again, the "mean" is also an important aspect of all Scientific--ahem--Inquiry.

Seriously though, brother: Good luck and I wish you much healthy adventure. Here's the real tip: Take advantage of learning skills that will benefit you in civilian life!! Word.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
They experimented on civilian populations as well. Spraying chemicals over small towns to model fallout spread patterns. They also modified metal detectors to spray bacteria on people to see how biological weapons would spread.

Then there are civilians who were daft enough to voluntser:

news.sky.com...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Luuke123

Yes sir... if at possible, select a career field that deals with telecommunications. A lot of the fields in Telecommunications/or Information Technology require a Top Secret clearance...... once the military grants you that, keep your nose clean, do 4-6 years for experience, get out and become a government employee or a contractor.... you can make extremely good money with a TS clearance.

Intelligence Analyst is another excellent choice and gives you a lot of employment options post military.... pretty much guaranteed to get you that Top Secret clearance.
edit on R082016-05-30T20:08:20-05:00k085Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Run!

Don't do 11B.

Any intel MOS is good. Language MOSs are good. It's better to be a language embed with an A team than to be one of the team. Helicopter mechanic pays big bucks in the civilian world. Engineers get shot and blown up. Despite the movies, you don't want EOD.
edit on 30-5-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I agree 100% with Bedlam...

Do not go Infantry (11B).... a recruiter will try to get you do take 11B on the premise that it is much easier to gain ranks faster and while that is true, what they do not tell you is once you hit E5/6, it becomes very difficult to change careers mid stream.

Rank doesn't really matter unless you just plan on staying in 20 years.
edit on R022016-05-30T22:02:18-05:00k025Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

You'll do fine. The experiments they're already lining you up for aren't all that bad.

If you haven't taken the ASVAB test already, do yourself a favor and get as much sleep before you head off to MEPS as you possibly can. And during the test: Cheat. Cheat your ass off. Get the best possible score you can. If you score over 130 nobody'll mess with you.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

You'll do fine. The experiments they're already lining you up for aren't all that bad.

Where else are you going to get free plutonium shots?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Where else are you going to get free plutonium shots?

Har! And, apparently, Snarls bark of approval. Or "yap" maybe?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:52 PM
link   
All my life I’ve told young people

DO NOT JOIN THE MILITARY SERVICES!

You join the US service YOU ARE A GUINEA PIG SUBJECT TO ANY THING THEY WANT TO DO TO YOU!

And you won’t be allowed to sue EVEN AT TIMES GET PAID

I’ve already known what’s in this video and more.

They will use you, gas you, lobotomize you, and kill you and even fu__ you and you’ll die like a dog somewhere for the benefit of rich people who want bigger golf courses

DON’T EVER JOIN THE US SERVICES

PLEASE DONT

edit on 30-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Disregard prior: I can assure PERSONALLY assure you they DO experiment on us.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

He hates Imperial America.
Hippie type.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 12:55 AM
link   
WHAT happens when THEY don't get enough volunteers for you clowns to abuse?
THAT'S right they hold something called a DRAFT if not the MARTIAL LAW.
Fights are being picked by our think tanks you better wake up.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

OH DEAR ME!

Will you PLEASE STOP agreeing with me! It's not natural!

LOL.

I've been telling folks that for many years, now.

I can't imagine serving under some of the traitors in the WH recently.

They should also look up the elite's attitude toward them . . . e.g. what Kissinger said about military folks.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

MEPS. I still remember that day. Raleigh, NC. 1990. Tips. Join the Coast Guard. Lot more fun than the other branches.

First duty station was 2 on 2 off. 2 days at station couldn't leave. Next 2 didn't have to be there at all. Pay was dick but the guys in the Coast Guard were pretty cool.

Not like ISIS, running around chopping heads off.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

If you haven't taken the ASVAB test already, do yourself a favor and get as much sleep before you head off to MEPS as you possibly can. And during the test: Cheat. Cheat your ass off. Get the best possible score you can. If you score over 130 nobody'll mess with you.

And quit nicotine. Nicotine dependencies and tests like the ASVAB or SAT's don't mix. Need those neurons firing like they are supposed to do naturally to recall information and make decisions quickly for test.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
And quit nicotine. Nicotine dependencies and tests like the ASVAB or SAT's don't mix. Need those neurons firing like they are supposed to do naturally to recall information and make decisions quickly for test.

Well, it's not good for your shooting score.

OTOH, dip makes you a g...m sexual tyrannosaurus. Just like me.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Man up and do both.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Man up and do both.

Having to give up dip and coffee made me much more shooty. So it has that going for it.

correction: past tense

edit on 31-5-2016 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join