It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armchair SJW's, Unite! How DARE they eat fido?????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
OK, so I'm going to warn you guys...the content of the link and video within the link posted here is...well, Real. It is Cruel. It is...life. Warning.... TRIGGERS AHEAD!!!! ::: snicker :::

Did you know, every year, on the summer solstice, thousands of dogs are rounded up to be eaten in Yulin, China as part of a Dog Meat Festival? We believe that this cruel “festival” has no place in the 21st century.

There are so many reasons to end this horrific festival -- warning, the following information may be upsetting.

Many of the dogs that are killed are stolen household pets or are watchdogs of rural families. Allowing the Dog Meat Festival to continue is like endorsing dog theft, which supplies the dog meat industry.

[snipped]

This disturbs me on many levels. Yes, this is cruel to animals. Yes, it's cruel to dogs, who we here in the west have deemed "non-food-worthy".

But, what disturbs me is the naivete of the western mindset.

I love dogs. I love all animals. I believe they should be treated humanely. All of them.

But, simply because we in the western world have made a mockery of what the breeds of cattle, swine, and poultry once were.... and have elevated certain warm fuzzy types as something not fully food worthy....well, is just childish.

Childish that we've done this to cattle, swine, and poultry...and there are others, too. Childish how we've mishandled them. Overbred them. Made their lives a torturous hell.

But.... the two-faced nature with which we somehow deem domesticated "pets" as any different than the aforementioned holy trinity..... just amazes me.

We are ALL animals. We must eat to survive. We are carnivores.

What sickens me is the holier-than-thou piety with which these armchair SFW's act......

Let's communally end the hypocrisy, shall we?

And with that, I'll leave with the wise words of Brother Maynard...

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

And I begged, "Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?"

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus

This is necessary
This is necessary
Life feeds on

life feeds on life feeds on life feeds on...

edit on 29-5-2016 by nullafides because: SQUIRRELS!!!!

edit on 5.29.2016 by Kandinsky because: Removed link to petition. Thou Shalt Not Verily Recruiteth in the Halls of ATS

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As long as they're not eating cats, I 'm good with it. Dogs are so gross. They eat their own sh$t. I had a dog that ate its own steaming turds right in front of me, which put me into an existential crisis.... eats #, #s, eats #, #s, eats # unto eternity. Thats why I f$cking hate dogs! They f$ck with my mind man! I resonate with cats, they're chilled out.

Three cheers for all you Bitches!!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
Let's communally end the hypocrisy, shall we?

I absolutely agree with everything down to and including "We are carnivores." What is "acceptable" to eat is just a cultural difference and some people don't understand or can't wrap their brains around cultural differences, because they're so attached to what they learned from their parents and society, it's hard to let it go. But it can be done, as you and I know.

Ending the dog-eating or ending the hypocrisy... either way, someone is trying to change other people. I don't really see having a cause (like stopping dog-eating) as being hypocritical. Sometimes people can change things, but it doesn't mean they should.

I don't know why everyone is so upset about SJWs. It's just people trying to change the world for the better, in their opinions anyway. We all do that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

If they are stealing pets and watchdogs to eat, that is theft.

If a city is overrum with wild dogs and they do not have the capacity to shelter, it is the same as shooting deer so they do not starve in winter.

Why are you 'snickering' at those that find this wrong though? You are the trigger, I think. Not any video you post in this topic.
You just sound like a jerk.

You 'snicker' at people that are emotionally effected by this. Mabe some of them will go there and set up shelters, I don't know. But your attitude is awful.
edit on 29-5-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE
As long as they're not eating cats, I 'm good with it. Dogs are so gross. They eat their own sh$t. I had a dog that ate its own steaming turds right in front of me, which put me into an existential crisis.... eats #, #s, eats #, #s, eats # unto eternity. Thats why I f$cking hate dogs! They f$ck with my mind man! I resonate with cats, they're chilled out.

Three cheers for all you Bitches!!!

A lot of animals eat their own sh*t and cud.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
DP.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I always go with the old adage that if we weren't supposed to eat it God wouldn't have made it taste so good.

edit on 2016/5/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

OK, so I'm going to warn you guys...the content of the link and video within the link posted here is...well, Real. It is Cruel. It is...life. Warning.... TRIGGERS AHEAD!!!! ::: snicker :::

"And with that, I'll leave with the wise words of Brother Maynard...

And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

And the angel said unto me, "These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." And I sprang from my slumber drenched in sweat like the tears of one million terrified brothers and roared, "Hear me now, I have seen the light! They have a consciousness, they have a life, they have a soul! Damn you! Let the rabbits wear glasses! Save our brothers!"

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus

Are you, like a crazy person? (Can't find the gif, so just pretend I say it).

ex]And the angel of the lord came unto me, snatching me up from my place of slumber. And took me on high, and higher still until we moved to the spaces betwixt the air itself. And he brought me into a vast farmlands of our own Midwest. And as we descended, cries of impending doom rose from the soil. One thousand, nay a million voices full of fear. And terror possessed me then

Can I get an amen? Can I get a hallelujah? Thank you Jesus "

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Crazy...in what fashion?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

If a city is overrum with wild dogs and they do not have the capacity to shelter, it is the same as shooting deer so they do not starve in winter.

Why are you 'snickering' at those that find this wrong though? You are the trigger, I think. Not any video you post in this topic.

You 'snicker' at people that are emotionally effected by this. Mabe some of them will go there and set up shelters, I don't know. But your attitude is awful.

I just sound like a jerk?

Hmm.

You obviously just don't get it. That's ok. I can't control the entire gene pool. Not yet...at least

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Crazy...in what fashion?

In the fashion of putting up a long paragraph about carrots as part of your thread.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I just sound like a jerk?

Hmm.

You obviously just don't get it. That's ok. I can't control the entire gene pool. Not yet...at least

You do, with the =snickering= part. Sadly, neither can I.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
You shouldn't have in your OP, an insult against people, in advance, without knowing what they will say.

Your OP alone, without that, was an interesting story. I gave my answer. I am well aware of different cultural norms about dogs.

You HAD to add 'SJW's and '=snicker= for no real reason.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I don't know why everyone is so upset about SJWs. It's just people trying to change the world for the better, in their opinions anyway. We all do that.

I'm allergic to stupidity. Maybe I need to take my special snowflake butt to court and sue those who aren't as special as I am? I mean....after all.... I'm impacted by their stupidity.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Sweetheart...if you don't get the reference, I'm not about to help you.

Particularly when the sarcasm and metaphor is lost on you.

C'est la vie.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Oh yeah?

What part of the gene pool would you start with ?

link   

I'm allergic to stupidity. Maybe I need to take my special snowflake butt to court and sue those who aren't as special as I am? I mean....after all.... I'm impacted by their stupidity.

Your issue was fine without all that. You ruined your own thread.

link   

Much like anuses....you and I are both allowed our own opinions.
edit on 29-5-2016 by nullafides because: Much like squirrels, and opinions....we all have a nut to crack.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

You actually explained why no one likes these people. They stick their nose in other people's business and try to tell them what is best for them. Just like Christians and other religious proselytizers.

edit on 2016/5/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I am allergic to poorly done threads and OPs. Those that try to predict an outcome at the outset. The outcome you expected, never happened.

If part was meant as a joke, yiou failed in that, as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join