It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wisdom of Jesus Christ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

It's like saying all masons worship Lucifer (who they all know doesn't exist) or that Jay-Z is in the "Illuminati''

Complete b.s. and a misconception made by people who don't understand.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

You're welcome to read into the texts if you like... all of them agree, including your own quote...

They had taken some soil from the earth and modeled the man after their own body and after the image of God (Sophia) that had appeared to them in the waters. They said "Come, let us lay hold of it by means of the form we have modeled, so that it may see a male counterpart [...], and we may seize it with the form that we have modeled"- not understanding the force of God, BECAUSE OF THEIR POWERLESSNESS. And he breathed into his face; and the man came to have a soul (and remained) upon the ground many days. BUT THEY COULD NOT MAKE HIM RISE BECAUSE OF THEIR POWERLESSNESS....

They (YHWH and his minions) created man after the image they saw, even as Secret John states..."So it will illuminate us"... but they had no power to give it life... even gave it a soul but with no life... which is why it stayed on the ground...

said false god created it all but had no power to give his creation life... as follows

Now all these things came to pass BY THE WILL OF THE FATHER OF THE ENTIRETY.

(The Father let them create)

AFTERWARDS, the Spirit saw the soul-endowed man upon the ground. And the spirit came forth from the Adamantine land; IT DESCENDED AND CAME TO DWELL WITHIN HIM, AND THAT MAN BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

again you are free to argue your personal interpretation of the texts... but your version does not comply with what the texts say

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Wow. I'm just gonna have to go with "whatever you say" and leave it at that. As long as I understand and I tried to explain it to you I can live with you believing that the demiurge was believed to be the creator. He wasn't though, and I refer to my previous statement.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Szarah

i understand you're trying to explain your interpretation of the texts, and you are free to do so...

In any case, in all schools of thought in Gnosticism the Demiurge is the creator...

Valentinian gnostics made said character into basically what you're saying... a complete idiot, where as Sethian thought considered the character to be a demonic force... but none the less "THE CREATOR" which created all of the physical world but could not give life to it... as it states "because he was of the same substance"

Some text state he was the tool of sophia, under control of her unwittingly... but he is still the creator regardless of where he got said power from... the creator of the physical world which has no life in it... and made man from that lifeless "dirt" according to both the OT and gnostic texts.

believe whatever you want though brother... everyone is allowed their views regardless of their validity

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Padawan Szarah Googlemiser
a reply to: coomba98

Didn't say you did. You said:

" Every Gnostic believes his God created the world.". Which is false, the True God is unknowable.

Where did i say this? Stop making things up Padawan Googlmiser. Show me where i said it. Its all on record Padawan.

To be honest i dont think you have actually read the Nag Hammadi library. Your lack of understanding of the texts confirms it.

Then you go and say people posted this when they really didnt.

Coomba98.. sorry

Summers Eve
edit on 1-6-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Same MO as all the other user acct of ATS that have been banned. Yet . . .

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98
a reply to: Padawan Szarah Googlemiser

I have read them and even own the books hard copy.

Every single Gnostic sect believes his The Creator God of the universe.

You did say that. Here it is, so nobody made up anything.

To be honest I don't think YOU have actually read the Nag Hammad texts. YOUR lack of understanding proves it.

You feel like making statements makes something true or what? You can rest assured that my understanding of the texts is far greater than your's will EVER be.

You have yet to grasp the concept of the many statements of the powerlessness of the demiurge, his weakness. You haven't even read the creation myths of which there are about 5 or 6.

One has the Savior as the creator of the material world and man, spirit, soul and body.

Others have the demiurge only capable of giving the molded man and woman soul but that does not give them life. Spirit is always given from Sophia or the Spirit which causes them to come alive.

The material world is never created by the demiurge. He either copies the earth that Sophia created or organizes the matter in chaos that Sophia created.

I think you are full of crap Coombs, and need to stop fronting.
edit on 4-6-2016 by Szarah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Didn't say you did. You said:

" Every Gnostic believes his God created the world.". Which is false, the True God is unknowable.

Where did i say this? Stop making things up Padawan Googlmiser. Show me where i said it. Its all on record Padawan.

To be honest i dont think you have actually read the Nag Hammadi library. Your lack of understanding of the texts confirms it.

Then you go and say people posted this when they really didnt.

Coomba98.. sorry

Summers Eve

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Every single Gnostic sect believes his The Creator God of the universe.

This, page 3, is where you said it. I can't believe you don't remember your own words.

And you want people to believe you are well educated in these texts. Texts that you have not been citing you have just been spewing the average non acquainted with the texts misconception that the demiurge is the creator of man and the world.

He copied this world to make others, or organized the chaotic matter made by Sophia, but he didn't create the material for earth in any myth in the texts.

And he doesn't give life to the man and woman who he molds out of preexisting material, dirt. It is always the Aeons that give life to the man and woman mold.

I've quoted texts and provided links to back up everything I have said.

You have ran your mouth. You are playing a win lose game like a dope and telling yourself lies. You are a basic fool, a simp.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yup they believe his The Creator God of the Universe. (material).

Cool so now your on track as you kept saying I said that the Gnostics God is the Demiurge which I clearly did not say.
His a God, but not the Father in Pleroma in that mythology.

Thank you for clearing that up in your head Padawan Googlemiser.

Coomba98.. Sorry

Summers Eve
(Your female friendly companion)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Same MO as all the other user acct of ATS that have been banned. Yet . . .

Yeah I see Padawan Googlemiser. I also see your debating with one of his other personalities on another thread.

How many active accounts does this one have?

Ive asked the mods if there is any way around VPN's such as people who have them to quickly switch them off whilst they are online so the real IP address or whatever they look for is noted. For a person with a VPN should not be bothered about doing this if they are not doing anything wrong.

See what happens.

Coomba98

(post by Szarah removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Who said im mad? Funny that when people read things their emotions contribute to the interpretation of what is being read. So if you think im mad, then you must have read my post in an angry mood. Didn't write in anger Padawan, takes more than that to anger me Padawan Googlemiser.

You kept saying is said this.. your quote:

Coomba said "Every Gnostic thinks his God created the earth."

And I kept saying no I didn't. The Gnostic God is the Father in Pleroma, not the Demiurge who created the material universe [including the earth].

And you call me a dope! Lol. You don't even understand what you write never lone read Padawan Googlemiser.

Stop misquoting me! As its all on record on this thread what exactly I said in black and white. Super simple stuff Padawan Googlemiser.

But then simple to most it is frakin hard and difficult for some, hay Padawan Googlemiser.

So if Gnostic's don't believe the Demiurge created the material universe, tell me which sect is this? Out of the many that do which one/s don't?

If you cannot answer this, then that is an answer in and on its own. Padawan Googlemiser.

Coomba98.. sorry

Summers Eve
edit on 4-6-2016 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
😂

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Thought so Padawan Googlemiser, thought so.

😂

Summers Eve

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Codex II from the Nag Hammad Library appropriately titled On the Origin of the World:. 5th paragraph under the chapter titled Narration: Origin of Sophia and the Powers of the World.

Sophia is created and veils humanity from the things above.

The Aeons of Truth (Sophia) has no shadow it because infinite light shines everywhere within it. There is a shadow, however, outside it, and the shadow has been called darkness. From the shadow appeared a power set over the darkness, and the powers that came afterwards called the shadow limitless chaos. From it [every] sort of deity emerged, [one after] another, along with the whole world.

Sophia is the actual Creator of the material world. Yaldabaoth is only responsible for organizing the matter created by Sophia and if he is said to have "created" the world it is only meant that he fashioned existing material. But he never creates anything that doesn't already exist which isn't creating but copying. The entire Nag Hammad Library agrees that the demiurge is not the creator of anything new, such as matter or living humans.

On the Origin or the World

Is the most detailed creation myth in the NHL and I only wanted to show that before the demiurge existed matter had been created and that Sophia is the true Creator.

The Mother Goddess. You can take my word for it or read for yourself just remember the difference between creating something new and something like something that exists (replicate).

Coombya my lord..Coombya by yahhh!!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join