It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The recent influx of illegal immigrants to England is a sign of a dire future

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Even so it is a mere trickle compared to the wave seen in the rest of Europe , our country cannot be hermetically sealed so we must expect some will get through.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Another rambling anti immigration post from another scared little man online.

Run for the hills! The brown people are coming...and they are bringing falafels! Our way of life is at risk!!!

As someone from the UK, I'm not worried about the small (yep, small) influx of immigrants. I am sick of reading swill like this thread every day on ATS though.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidCovKid
I hope my country people see the light and vote out of the EU. We need tighter control of our boarders and put a stop to letting in every tom, dick and harry. Im losing out on work because of foreigners, its driving me mad to be honest. When im told im no longer needed to work on the construction site anymore because they have other workers which turn out to be foreigners that work for less money it does my head in.

So should i work for less money to compete with them? I think not, i was here first and its driving wages down in my line of work. Of course the government and companies want to keep the borders open, its cheaper labour for them.

Its a crime and racist to fly my own flag in my own country. Slowly but surely im seeing britain lose its identity, i see immigrants coming here and taking the jobs and scamming the benefits system.

Im concerned for my countries future, as a worker struggling in my line of work to compete against cheaper foreigners im getting to the stage of just giving up bothering and just live entirely on benefits aswell. I see why other british people have adopted the lifestyle, why bother keep competing for work??

And all those people that say that British people are lazy and benedits scroungers need to wake up. Yes their is a lot of tv shows showing only the British living off benefits, but what about all the foreigners scamming the system and claiming benefits?? Oh yes their is not even one tv show telling us about this, heaven forbid we might be being racist for pointi g it out.

Anyone that speaks the truth is racist in britain, its like being British is a ctime, lol

I'm from the UK and would rather hire polish workers and will be voting to stay in the EU. So are all my friends and family. You must hate the likes of me eh?

As for it being racist to fly the flag, don't be daft. That's just what Sun readers like to think. That being said, most people in he uk don't fly the flag, the drape it outside a window which looks sh*t. There is no pride in the way they display it. No one and I mean NO one has any objection to being proud of being British.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Even so it is a mere trickle compared to the wave seen in the rest of Europe , our country cannot be hermetically sealed so we must expect some will get through.

It only takes one stone to start an avalanche.

And what starts as a trickle can become a flood.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You can only measure what you can count. Logically you can only refer to illegal immigrants that have been found crossing the channel and the 'recent influx' you speak of amounts to 39 people in a total of 3 boats/dinghies, all of whom were apprehended. Have more succeeded? I don't know, neither do you, so do you call 39 people an 'uncontrolled influx' even though it was certainly controlled as they were apprehended.

This isn't an EU thing, it's not about whether the UK is in or out of the EU - the question being raised in that respect is open borders for people from another EU country being able to live/work in the UK and of course vice versa.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
Another rambling anti immigration post from another scared little man online.

Run for the hills! The brown people are coming...and they are bringing falafels! Our way of life is at risk!!!

As someone from the UK, I'm not worried about the small (yep, small) influx of immigrants. I am sick of reading swill like this thread every day on ATS though.

You are funny. You are the one overreacting here. Seriously. I am making an observation, and a comparison to known and historic immigration, across a small expanse of water, in overloaded and sinking boats. It started here in the U.S. as drips and drabs. But then once the word got back to others that they only needed to get close to the coast, and be sinking, they would be rescued and taken care of (paid $$, given housing, food, health care, etc...) for free (well, paid by the taxpayers kinda free).

This is not wild rambling and fear mongering. It is established fact. You can stick your head up your....... in your sand all you like. Pretend this is nothing to be concerned about. Then, do not be surprised if this is the start of a much larger influx. And, where oh where did I ever mention any skin color? I referred to the ACT of them entering illegally. Frankly, I don't care one way or the other what color their skin is, honestly. What matters is the illegal immigration and burden put upon the host country.

But, by all means, sit there in your safe flat, munching your fish and chips. Ignore the real world, until you lose your job to one of these illegals, and are still expected to pay taxes to support them, while you are evicted from that same flat. Hyperbole, perhaps yes. But it has happened here, repeatedly. And it could happen there. Remember, hindsight is 20/20, foresight can be too if you dare to open your eyes and look clearly.

edit on 5/30/2016 by Krakatoa because: Mandela Effect

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

You can only measure what you can count. Logically you can only refer to illegal immigrants that have been found crossing the channel and the 'recent influx' you speak of amounts to 39 people in a total of 3 boats/dinghies, all of whom were apprehended. Have more succeeded? I don't know, neither do you, so do you call 39 people an 'uncontrolled influx' even though it was certainly controlled as they were apprehended.

This isn't an EU thing, it's not about whether the UK is in or out of the EU - the question being raised in that respect is open borders for people from another EU country being able to live/work in the UK and of course vice versa.

So, in your post you admit there is no way to know how many have truly crossed and were not caught. You also state that there have been reports of others making it and being picked up and whisked away to who knows where. Yet in that same breath you state there is no "uncontrolled influx". Last I checked, that phrase meant the influx was not controlled, and there where unknown number crossing and not being caught. Newsflash, you are ignoring your own acknowledgement of the influx being uncontrolled and unknown.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
I am sick of shills like you (seriously is someone paying you to say that crap). You don't care what happens to the native Europeans, and thus you should be deported along with the "refugees".

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm not here to admit anything, you made a statement that there has been a recent influx. You have no evidence to say this is a fact so basically you are talking BS. One boat with 17 Albanians, another that appears to be 18 Albanians, two Brits (presumably the smugglers) and two Iranians in a dinghy. 39 known people who recently attempted to enter the UK via the channel. You have nothing to say it's a larger amount, so where is this recent influx you talk of?

As there is no known influx larger than what I've written above, there is no evidence to state that there is - is talking bs just a habit to you?

Nobody was whisked off to who knows where, they were arrested. Why do you keep just making crap up for the sake of it?

Newsflash, facts or you are just making it up.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm not here to admit anything, you made a statement that there has been a recent influx. You have no evidence to say this is a fact so basically you are talking BS. One boat with 17 Albanians, another that appears to be 18 Albanians, two Brits (presumably the smugglers) and two Iranians in a dinghy. 39 known people who recently attempted to enter the UK via the channel. You have nothing to say it's a larger amount, so where is this recent influx you talk of?

As there is no known influx larger than what I've written above, there is no evidence to state that there is - is talking bs just a habit to you?

Nobody was whisked off to who knows where, they were arrested. Why do you keep just making crap up for the sake of it?

Newsflash, facts or you are just making it up.

Apologies. After reviewing previous threads, I discovered that "whisked away" statement was made by ATS member "eletheia" in a previous post. That member seems to indicate being in England and having been told that and reported it here. I cannot validate that statement, so I suggest you might if you question it yourself.

The definition of influx (according to Merriam-Webster) is "the arrival of a large number of people". But it does not quantify "large amount". Is 10 a large amount? 20? 100? If 10 people showed up at your door and needed a place to stay, would you consider that a "large amount"? When viewed as a statistical number compared to the number of all refugees coming into the EU it would not be considered a "large amount".

But, we are talking here about coming into England, and these people would need a place to live, a job (if they wish to work) and assistance to get established. So, as you can see, "large amount" is a loose and relative phrase that I contend applies from the individual perspective since we are talking real people here, and a real need to house, feed, clothe, and otherwise care for them. Each single person costs how much? If you take the example in Denmark recently, it was quoted as approx 32,000e (that amount is from my memory reading that thread). So, these 29 (let's round up to 30 for ease of the calculations), 30 illegal people will cost the English citizens approx 1 million / year from the taxpayers. That does not sound very small to me. And if this is the herald of things to come, it will only grow in cost the more and more come.

edit on 5/30/2016 by Krakatoa because: Mandela Effect

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Apology accepted. A total of 39 (not sure where you got 29 from), all apprehended, 35 of them Albanian, therefore European. Deporting them back to Albania if that course is taken wouldn't be a major diplomatic issue, and wouldn't logically require any other EU country to act as an intermediary. Of course, if they have reason to claim asylum they have every right to make that claim, just as they would in America.

ETA: Why would I want to question why another poster used the phrase 'whisked away'? You quoted it, don't you question other people's comments before using it in your own post as though it has credibility?

edit on 30-5-2016 by uncommitted because: as per ETA

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If I remember the term "whisked away" was used by the British news paper Daily Mail discribing other groups who were seen beening collected by cars and vans

edit on 30-5-2016 by imod02 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
If I remember the term "whisked away" was used by the British news paper Daily Mail discribing other groups who were seen beening collected by cars and vans

Yes I used the term *whisked away* straight after watching on Sky news

locals of the town in Kent being interviewed about the abandoned boats

on the sands and they saw the people that arrived in them being *whisked

away* or if you prefer collected by cars and vans.

It was the interviewed locals who coined the words *whisked away"

These people were additional to the ones picked up buy coast guards and

police.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Thanks for clarifying that for us here. So, in that case, it WAS uncontrolled. And this is only one incident that was discovered. I wonder if there are more, if they even get reported. After all, you could, in early dawn, get close to shore, sink the boat, and swim the short distance ashore. Then, there is NO evidence of the boat at all either. I remember reading reports of weeks later "boats" such as this (it is even a stretch to call them boats), washing ashore following big storms. Nobody knew they existed before that.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaibaTheJedi
I am sick of shills like you (seriously is someone paying you to say that crap). You don't care what happens to the native Europeans, and thus you should be deported along with the "refugees".

And im sick of reading posts from terrified "men" on forums like ATS.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

Thanks for clarifying that for us here. So, in that case, it WAS uncontrolled. And this is only one incident that was discovered. I wonder if there are more, if they even get reported. After all, you could, in early dawn, get close to shore, sink the boat, and swim the short distance ashore. Then, there is NO evidence of the boat at all either. I remember reading reports of weeks later "boats" such as this (it is even a stretch to call them boats), washing ashore following big storms. Nobody knew they existed before that.

Why do you keep saying only one incident was discovered when I clearly pointed out that there have been 3 known attempts this year amounting to 39 people although as two of them are British, that's effectively 37 refugees in total.

To eletheia, you mean to say locals when interviewed by Sky say they saw people arrive (but didn't see the boats that would presumably have to be abandoned or moved away) and that these people were picked up in vans? At the moment that is an allegation, nothing more, nothing less. Whisked away by whom? Presumably people traffickers, but that assumes these crossing really took place.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: KaibaTheJedi

And im sick of reading posts from terrified "men" on forums like ATS.

I wouldn't worry too much about that particular terrified man as he obviously doesn't know Albanians and Poles are native Europeans

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

To eletheia, you mean to say locals when interviewed by Sky say they saw people arrive (but didn't see the boats that would presumably have to be abandoned or moved away) and that these people were picked up in vans? At the moment that is an allegation, nothing more, nothing less. Whisked away by whom? Presumably people traffickers, but that assumes these crossing really took place.

Sky News was reporting on the incidents you were referring to

BUT

The locals were expanding on *OTHER* previous instances of abandoned boats

on the sands (beach) from which the occupants were picked up and

*whisked away* (their words) by cars and vans

Is that clear enough?

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Sky News was reporting on the incidents you were referring to

BUT

The locals were expanding on *OTHER* previous instances of abandoned boats

on the sands (beach) from which the occupants were picked up and

*whisked away* (their words) by cars and vans

Is that clear enough?

It's very clear, thanks, wasn't questioning your credibility, more about the fact that at the moment it's hearsay and I'm not sure what the assumptions were by some about what 'whisked away' meant.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join