It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISCOVERED Giant Underground City Buried in the UK - What do you think?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just been searching around google earth and found what seems to be underground streets - only visible when the crops have been cut #4:25 can clearly see crops being harvested showing the grid like pattern in the dirt after being cut.

Direct link:
youtu.be...
or
www.youtube.com...

What do you guys think? Natural or not?

edit on 29-5-2016 by TurboT because: (no reason given)

edit on 5.29.2016 by Kandinsky because: Fixed video link

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TurboT

I think your video doesn't work.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
IDk your guess is as good as mine, looks like they could by almost anything.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

unsure why the video in the post doesn't work - use the links

- also I didnt show all the sites ive marked

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Could it be water under the ground ? Definitely looks discolored...but I have no idea what it could be....are you over there ? Maybe you could talk one of those farmers into digging down a ways to see. Or take a metal detector there. ...every now and then a random story pops up about buried treasures found in UK. Maybe there is more there......and on that note, if it is a buried city....how the hell does a whole city get buried ? I don't get it ? That's a lot of displaced dirt to bury a city ?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

No idea - the streets are the same size as london - could be a ancient water way but you can clearly see its been worked there are way to many tributaries coming off of it - and also square structures and right angles. I live about 20 minutes from all of them.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I would go investigate ...talk with the neighbors or locals . Some of those old timers may know some history?? But maybe you can show one of those farmers the video and get him to dig down a it ?? ....or find someone with a sonar detector !! ( not sure where you'd find one ,maybe at a local research center or college ?) ....keep me posted ....it would be really cool if it pans out to be a city ! a reply to: TurboT

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You might be onto something.

This is a job for Sarah Parcak. She's been using satellite imagery to find lost cities.

she found Tanis using her technique.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Already thought about that - posted about her on here before:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Frikkin genius. Well done.
No matter what they are, they sure look intentional - many straight lines and all..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I think it is WAY more likely that it is evidence of ordinary remnants of an old city. Wooden beams in the soil has a tendency to discolour crops above them as they decay and completely break down.

It still could be an interesting find though.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

It's Britain. It could be anything from an Iron Age settlement to a Roman industrial post, or even one of the lost villages.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

The area it covers is HUGE im still looking now and finding more, all depends on what year the image is you are looking at and what state the crops are in on how clearly you can see it. They stay the same from the start of the images in 2001 to the latest so 100% something is under the ground.

Do you all agree/think its not a natural formation?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just looked at Google Earth.

You get the same pattern pretty much any where in the same type of landscape in the UK.

It is everywhere, therefore i don't think it's anything buried, it's just mounts and dips or variation in soil type .

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Maybe the entire UK was populated at some point in the past?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Heres another video:
Pause at 2:03 (the last second) Mind blown.
www.youtube.com...
youtu.be...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

At various points in history,certainly.I think I've read that the whole of North Yorkshire was razed to the ground by the Normans.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Wouldn't the "grid pattern after being cut" be caused by harvesting equipment? Here in the US when farmers harvest it's not usually in a random swipes across the field, you get a stripe pattern, lots of strait lines. I'm pretty sure all we are seeing is stripping from harvesters.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You would need ground penetrating radar to detect something as large as you are suggesting as it would be deeper. Underground implies under many feet of earth. You may be mistaking the ancient outlines of an above ground settlement. Thats now outlined ABOVE ground.

Now....if you'd rephrase your O.P. to say "outline of possible ancient settlement"...I'd go with that. But using Google Earth, it certainly isnt an under-ground anything. A covered over above-ground? Possibly. Even probably.

There are remains of many, Roman, Saxon, Norman etc... points of habitation still there under a few feet of topsoil. I thought you meant a tunnel to a cavern to a cave of sorts, mine etc..and down there, discovered an under-ground city.

Im pretty sure its not under-ground. Outlines of settlements have been found for years now...but above ground, under layers of countryside and crops.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It would be worth cross referencing the site to see if there are any listed archaeological site's in the area, Roman ruin's, Medievil or dark age plague villages etc.

You have found something and it look's a little Roman to me.

There are also old boundary line's, old drainage ditches and old hedge row's that have long since been lost due to EU field size law's as well as old farm road's that once ran along these.

The parrallel structures made me think of Roman ruin's, the second video will not play and is returning an error at least here in the UK.
www.pastperfect.org.uk...

Now here is the real underground city and some more interesting stuff to look at.
www.burlingtonbunker.co.uk...
Then there are buried streets in many of the city's today that have simply been built over.
www.otsnews.co.uk...
www.southportvisiter.co.uk...
And of course our underground network which is the oldest in the western world.
www.mirror.co.uk...
www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk...
www.bbc.com...

This is a small island when all is said and done and there is a lot right beneath our feet.

edit on 29-5-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join