It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS: there are Sharks in the ocean. That is all.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krypto1
I'd be more worried about getting struck by lightning (with fatal results) than fearmongering people who saw "Jaws" a few too many times (poor sharks).

Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2016: 0
Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2015: 0
Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2014: 0
Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2013: 0
Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2012: 0
Fatal shark attacks in Florida in 2011: 0

Lightning kills more people in Florida than any other weather phenomenon

On average, 73 people are killed each year by lightning in the U.S. About nine are killed in Florida on average each year.

Florida tops the national list for lightning deaths with 468 deaths between 1959 and 2013. No other state even comes close.
Since 2006, 64 percent of lightning deaths nationwide (238) occurred when people were participating in leisure activities such as fishing, camping, boating, soccer and golf.

Of course cancer is gonna kill ye first given the odds (41,696 in 2012).
I'd also recommend being more on your guard for the sharks on ATS.
edit on 30-5-2016 by whereislogic because: addition

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64And then he better have wings, cause I'm gonna be doing my Jesus impression.

Or maybe a jet pack...

edit on 30-5-2016 by subject x because: Video linky no worky

edit on 30-5-2016 by subject x because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
I opened this thread with the mild excitement of some type of code phrase, based on the title.

Disappointed, I will still respond with

The rooster is in the henhouse, I repeat, the rooster is in the henhouse.

The chair is against the wall. Jack has a long mustache.

that is all.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: network dude

pffft....woosses.

In Australia you quite often see bogans walking down the street with a great white on a leash because dogs are so last century, in fact you're not an Aussie unless you have a mullet, tatts, a ute and a white pointa.

Sharks are just misunderstood carnivores with a jaw that can crush steel.

Ah yes, the land where giant spiders prey on large birds. in contrast to that, I will agree with you. But then, given enough beer, there is no telling how complacent us "mericans" might be.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No. Sharks cannot crush steel. Jesus you people just say stuff. Divers cages are made from aluminum. Therefore...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I think in Australia they would be ahead to make a manual of the animals that aren't poisonous instead of bothering to list the poisonous ones.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No. Sharks cannot crush steel. Jesus you people just say stuff. Divers cages are made from aluminum. Therefore...

Oh dear, half the thread is a joke. Did you miss that?

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Maui checking in; no shark attacks here lately.
Enjoy your weekend.

youtu.be...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Obviously I did. I'm so used to people posting ignorant non factual garbage on here. My apologies.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Damnit, what was the OP just saying??
Florida boy, 13, hospitalized after shark attack

The attack happened in Neptune Beach at approximately 3 p.m. local time. Police said the 13-year-old was standing in approximately two feet of water when he was bitten by the 6-foot-long shark.

"All you see is just blood, dripping and dripping out for about 50 feet," DeMark said.

The boy was taken to a local hospital, where he was listed as being in stable condition.

The attack occurred approximately eight miles south of where an 11-year-old girl was bitten by a shark on her back, arm and hand last weekend.

Also: Woman fails to save friend in attack by crocodile on Australian beach

"Her 47-year-old friend tried to grab her and drag her to safety but she just wasn't able to do that," Parker told the Australian Broadcasting Corp.

Police said the women were swimming in waist-deep water, while paramedics reported they were wading in knee-deep water when the crocodile struck. Warren Enstch, who represents the area in the Australian Parliament, said the beach was beside a creek where tourism operators run crocodile-spotting tours. Enstch said the two tourists had to have seen plentiful crocodile warning signs in the region.

"You can't legislate against human stupidity," Entsch said. "If you go in swimming at 10 o'clock at night, you're going to get consumed."

Two attacks, worlds apart, two different class of animals. I wonder if a hippo ate someone today in Africa too??

Whatever, I am still jumping in the water later.
edit on 5/30/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Right on queue. . a shark attack as shown above

I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico and have witnessed many shark encounters.
I watched my uncle cut his fish line from his waist because a shark had gotten hold. Same uncle was on Thats Incredible a long time ago fo catching and surfing behind a shark.

I used to swim at any hr of the night but Im too chicken now.

Be careful folks.. He,s right about sharks being out there.

B
edit on 30-5-2016 by Bspiracy because: Late to the gun on news

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
But most importantly. Sharks are sociopaths. Even a human scream will not illicit empathy from a shark.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Not sure if any of you fish or have ever fished via a kayak, in the ocean, but I have and it's fun.

I have also been face to face, while scuba diving in the Kery, with a 16 foot Tiger shark while driving; and I can tell you it humbled me out, not to mention a lump in the back of my wetsuit.

This would un-nerve me for sure here.

edit on 30-5-2016 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I got this,hang on:

All of the sheep,some of the people.

There you go,finished.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Nor am I aluminum...

Sharks stay in the ocean, I'll stay on the beach. We'll both be happy.

Afterall...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Nor am I aluminum...

Sharks stay in the ocean, I'll stay on the beach. We'll both be happy.

Afterall...

Fake!!

The day you see giants sharks in the ocean. We should unbanned Shark fin soup. Sharks are going no where. They breed like fish. They lay lots of eggs compare to whale on what Japan is doing with whale hunting.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I hope you realize I know that...

...it's fake. I know bad CGI when I see it.

Took me forever to find that vid... You tube and I are not compatible. Takes forever to find stuff.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
I hope you realize I know that...

...it's fake. I know bad CGI when I see it.

Took me forever to find that vid... You tube and I are not compatible. Takes forever to find stuff.

That wasn't bad CGI. That was terrible CGI. Even a dog sitting in front of a TV would know that was terrible CGI.

As if a Megladon were to wait for low light to attack, just to make it easier for some sketchy vid to be made.
edit on 31-5-2016 by Miracula2 because: Megladon sentence

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

I'm still waiting for the day the in-laws ask why we don't just fly, so I can tell them I can't because I am too afraid of sharks. They won't accept the real reason - that the pressure changes from landing mess up my ears and sinuses and trigger some nasty headache action. It can be agonizing and then I pay for it all the next day.

I think they'd accept the shark one though, especially with my previously posted video proof of giant, flying sharks.

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Miracula2

I'm still waiting for the day the in-laws ask why we don't just fly, so I can tell them I can't because I am too afraid of sharks. They won't accept the real reason - that the pressure changes from landing mess up my ears and sinuses and trigger some nasty headache action. It can be agonizing and then I pay for it all the next day.

I think they'd accept the shark one though, especially with my previously posted video proof of giant, flying sharks.

as long as they don't have fricken "lazer" beams on their heads.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join