It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Late Can a POTUS Candidate Wait to Turn Down the Job?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: atomish

It's mighty curious, isn't it?
How can people not imagine that it might really all be scripted performance and story development?

It's an epic con, I'd have to say. Since it's really pushing the envelope (which appears to be his whole schtick) with potentially causing an unprecedented "Constitutional Crisis", and we have jokers like Cruz around Huckabee (Dominionist Religious Right types), Rand Paul and all the other secondary characters ----

remember that old saw:
"The revolution will not be televised"????

Curious indeed.

I'd say the scripting goes much further than just the GOP circus. Seems pretty obvious to me at this point that both parties collude, even openly now, to keep their gravy train running and install exactly and only who they want into power to the detriment of the rest of us.

And how poignant Mr. Scott-Heron was, then. The revolution is here now and we, the people, are the counter-revolutionaries trying to stop the criminals from ruining what we've built.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

Is that supposed to be a subtle dig at Freemasonry?
Or hint at corruption?

/not sure if sarcasm or serious

idk....secret societies just makes the whole scenario a little more interesting.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is from your link:

Now that we have established that he is a Mason, we need to ask “What kind is he?” The Craft, as it is called, can be thought of as an ascending pyramid: you have a lot of “water-carriers” at the bottom, you have people with more authority on the higher steps, and then you have the true select at the top.

I don’t think Trump, given his stature as a New York billionaire, is a low-level or mid-level Freemason. He is probably part of the elite. He is likely a high-standing member of one of Manhattan’s patrician Illuminati lodges and is, probably, well acquainted with many worldly and brainy people. He is probably being coached by some of these people.

Wow that is a shovelful of some really inflammatory conspiracy theory !!
This is what people really think?
It's seems so ridiculous to me, so melodramatic....
maybe I'm just blessed with perpetual naivete

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

This is from your link:

Now that we have established that he is a Mason, we need to ask “What kind is he?” The Craft, as it is called, can be thought of as an ascending pyramid: you have a lot of “water-carriers” at the bottom, you have people with more authority on the higher steps, and then you have the true select at the top.

I don’t think Trump, given his stature as a New York billionaire, is a low-level or mid-level Freemason. He is probably part of the elite. He is likely a high-standing member of one of Manhattan’s patrician Illuminati lodges and is, probably, well acquainted with many worldly and brainy people. He is probably being coached by some of these people.

Wow that is a shovelful of some really inflammatory conspiracy theory !!
This is what people really think?
It's seems so ridiculous to me, so melodramatic....
maybe I'm just blessed with perpetual naivete

Kinda with you here, maybe I'm naive and uninformed as well. Obviously, we cannot know or even necessarily understand all the forces that work in secret, dealing in shadows and smoke filled backrooms. I really can only speak anecdotally to freemasonry.

My great-uncle Louie achieved, as far as I remember my dad telling me, a pretty high rank as a Mason. When I ask him about related theories he just laughs. Crazy old uncle Louie some kind of mad genius working with his buds to take over the world? Seems not.

He said they were pretty boring old dudes, overall. People in his city knew him but he didn't have any particular influence. And it certainly wasn't some kind of big, nefarious seeming secret.

The rare occasions Uncle Louie as a mason came up amongst family, it was discussed openly and without any sense that he was into shady dealings.
edit on 5/29/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   

My great-uncle Louie achieved, as far as I remember my dad telling me, a pretty high rank as a Mason. When I ask him about related theories he just laughs. Crazy old uncle Louie some kind of mad genius working with his buds to take over the world? Seems not.

He said they were pretty boring old dudes, overall. People in his city knew him but he didn't have any particular influence. And it certainly wasn't some kind of big, nefarious seeming secret.

Exactly.

That's how I always felt about them, too....and I think it's more accurate. I've known bunches of them, and they were harmless enough....then again - the "water carriers" and so on?? Seems a bit exaggerated.

But .... then again!..., I've read Taylor Caldwell's Captains and The Kings, twice - 20 years or so in between. It's a historical fiction epic tome that takes place prior to the civil war..... That novel made my hair stand on end. She lived from 1900 to 1985.

This book was first released in 1972. That's when I was finishing up middle school. I didn't read it until after college, though, in my 20s. Then I reread it about 10 years ago....which reading compelled me to do some more research into the time period in which the story is set.

Gives the reader shivers....it's exactly the same sort of 'intrigue' that has gone on for centuries in every high court and aristocratic circle.
This isn't a "new idea" - this behind-the-curtain suspicion. It never really goes away, I guess! Just occasionally changes its clothes and sometimes gets a rash that makes it yell out; but normally just sits quietly in its seat.

edit on 5/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Skull and bones...not just for breakfast anymore.

I think perhaps it is naive to think that the wealthy elite Bohemian Grove types don't yield more influence than the proletariat can even conceive of.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I still have trouble believing they exist at all.
Yet, I've had my eyes very rudely opened by some of the things I've come to know about......
it's difficult to discern fact from fiction on the internet.

I dated a French Model once, though.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Not sure why this needed another thread. The other one is just fine.

However, he has not been offered the job so he can't turn it down. He is campaigning to get the job which won't be offered to anyone for another 6 months.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I still have trouble believing they exist at all.
Yet, I've had my eyes very rudely opened by some of the things I've come to know about......
it's difficult to discern fact from fiction on the internet.

I dated a French Model once, though.

www.youtube.com...

Yeah, It's just the imagination of those tinsel town BS artists.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Skull and bones...not just for breakfast anymore.

I think perhaps it is naive to think that the wealthy elite Bohemian Grove types don't yield more influence than the proletariat can even conceive of.

I agree, to a point. Bohemian Grove is particularly... strange to me.

However, while I believe what you say is true, one must wonder if it is being a member of those secret societies that grants you the influence? Or is it the influence you already weild that allows you to become a member?

I'm SURE, in my gut, that most of these major power brokers are indeed involved in one or many "secret societies". But I tend to believe they would weild the same power/influence if none of those Societies ever existed.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

But .... then again!..., I've read Taylor Caldwell's Captains and The Kings, twice - 20 years or so in between. It's a historical fiction epic tome that takes place prior to the civil war..... That novel made my hair stand on end. She lived from 1900 to 1985.

This book was first released in 1972. That's when I was finishing up middle school. I didn't read it until after college, though, in my 20s. Then I reread it about 10 years ago....which reading compelled me to do some more research into the time period in which the story is set.

Gives the reader shivers....it's exactly the same sort of 'intrigue' that has gone on for centuries in every high court and aristocratic circle.
This isn't a "new idea" - this behind-the-curtain suspicion. It never really goes away, I guess! Just occasionally changes its clothes and sometimes gets a rash that makes it yell out; but normally just sits quietly in its seat.

This sounds right up my alley! Haven't heard of this book previously, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

I just may have to grab that soon.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I'm SURE, in my gut, that most of these major power brokers are indeed involved in one or many "secret societies". But I tend to believe they would weild the same power/influence if none of those Societies ever existed.

Probably....but still there is this

www.goodreads.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Probably....but still there is this

www.goodreads.com...

I'll admit it, I'm intrigued!

I swear, you people at ATS...

How am I supposed to find time to read all this stuff while you guys constantly link me stuff like this and have me updating my required reading list? I spend more time planning what I need to read than reading lately, it seems.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Seriously, why would that make any difference to anyone?

What would it 'mean'?

Where's AugustusMasonicus?? Paging AugustusMasonicus!!

Trump is not a Mason.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyrrho

The other thread did not address the consequences of a President-Elect quitting before they are installed into the Oval Office.

Sorry for being redundant.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for that clarification.

So - can you help us understand "what if he was?"

I don't see it as a big huge thing....
but maybe it is....

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

LOL!!! That's the idea!!!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

So - can you help us understand "what if he was?"

To me it would mean very little. I would not vote for a person just because we are both in the He-Man Women Haters Club if their political views did not align with my own.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks for your feedback! I didn't see how it had anything truly relevant to do with the election process either.

edit on 5/29/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest
he's not quitting, he's a liar

I can't believe how many people he has fooled

people he has fooled....he is still doing it....but, it doesn't matter to the folks that vote for him

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join