It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious pulsating red light inside cloud over Bergen, Norway - multiple tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Multiple people in Bergen, Norway, filmed a mysterious red pulsating light in a cloud. Happened May 28-29th 2016.

Edit:
The fire department has said that the lights are not from a fire but from a nearby gas plant having its annual maintenance, other than that your guess is as good as mine on what this is. What do you think it could be, do you agree with it being a gas plant?

Video #1

Video #2 and TV station's report

Translated from article link below:
TV2 was contacted repeatedly Saturday night with pictures and video from the sky over Øygarden area outside Bergen. One of those who sent a video was Ida Kristine Risti Hitland (17), who along with his mother and some friends became aware of lights. - There is a reddish light that flashes across Askøy. I do not know what it might be. The light is strong and weaker all the time, says Hitland, standing right next Breistølen in Bergen when she saw the lights. - Everybody reacted to this here. It looks like it's burning in the back of Askøy mountain and sky flashes, says her mother, Hilde Risti. The fire department in Bergen has even been called many times. - The ringing steadily. They see lots of light in the sky from Radøy, Austrheim, much in Nordhordland. He was further from the Butter Hill, said alarm operator Sigbjørn Villanger. Villanger has however explanation: There is a gas plant at Kollsnes engaged annual maintenance. The light seen is the flame from this. Flame is 80 meters high and standing from a 100 meter high chimney, which allows it to be seen from afar.

www.tv2.no/v/1046728/

-MM
edit on 29-5-2016 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
The Norway spiral, the Hesleden lights and now this.. Seems Norway does love an anomaly in the sky..
Having said that I'm sure this does have a mundane explanation, could be a lighthouse or something like that causing the illusion of a pulsating light with a setting sun.
edit on 29/5/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

It looks like CGI

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I hate videos like these as they always cut out short. We are missing some contex. How long did it continue? Did it become intermittent?

Could be a weird storm effect but we only get a small sample conveniently.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

They tried too hard on the reflection off the water.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It looks like CGI

I think that it is less likely to be CGI since there are two different videos from different sources. If you see video in the TV station link you can see that the second video is from a different location than the first video from YT.

-MM

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I translated the norwegian text in the second link www.tv2.no... and the answer to what it is, is there. My translation is not perfect but it is close enough.

"Det er et gassanlegg på Kollsnes i Øygarden som driver årlig vedlikehold. Lyset som ses er flammen fra dette. Flammen er 80 meter høy, og står fra en 100 meter høy skorstein, hvilket gjør at den ses fra lang avstand."

It says there is an gasplant on Kollnes in Øygarden that is doing yearly maintenance. The light is from a flame that 80 meters high and is coming out of an 100 meter chimney.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Watch the top of the hill under/middle of the area that is lit. You can see a beam of light coming up that changes with the lights on the clouds. Maybe someone throwing a party?
edit on 29-5-2016 by DAVID64 because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Aurora borealis?

Assuming those are clouds and not mountains...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   

We are missing some contex. How long did it continue? Did it become intermittent?

This happens often as it seems people have a habit of wanting to get back to staring at their phones. There's only so many minutes in a day, you know.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

originally posted by: Vector99

It looks like CGI

I think that it is less likely to be CGI since there are two different videos from different sources. If you see video in the TV station link you can see that the second video is from a different location than the first video from YT.

-MM

So , multiple folks could not be in on the hoax ? Two or more couldnt film different locations and CGI all ?
Sounds plausible to me

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Watch the top of the hill under/middle of the area that is lit. You can see a beam of light coming up that changes with the lights on the clouds. Maybe someone throwing a party?

How bout the beam coming down. And the party the aliens were throwing . Complete with stolen beer and BBQ'ed human

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

We are missing some contex. How long did it continue? Did it become intermittent?

This happens often as it seems people have a habit of wanting to get back to staring at their phones. There's only so many minutes in a day, you know.

I sense trickery

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Just Google "flare stack", you will find loads of pictures of what is making the sky orange. The pulse can be caused by wind or the quality of gas being vented from the gas plant. With flare stacks over 80m tall, these can be seen for miles at night.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konoyaro

It says there is an gasplant on Kollnes in Øygarden that is doing yearly maintenance. The light is from a flame that 80 meters high and is coming out of an 100 meter chimney.

And that's what it is

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konoyaro

This is what they want you all to believe, when actually.....
It's an Alien Invasion!

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That doesn't look like anything strange to me.

However UFOs love clouds. They are always coming from the clouds, or going behind them to hide, and sometimes they fly right up close to the cloud as if they were examining it.

Aliens love clouds...

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Probably should have read the comments from the uploader...

actually is a kind of safety valve at the petrol industry which for some purpose is activated and coming out flames. Usually is just fev meters high. In this time was 100meters high and was possible to see from 60km distance
Spectacular experience

www.youtube.com...

Mysterious lights identified.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Konoyaro

But aliens sound more plausible...

That is one heck of a night lite they have there. Missed your post...should have payed closer attention before posting what it was.

top topics

join