It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump puts true US unemployment rate at 20 percent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actually if you read in my post above youll see how they calculate the number.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeDumbBroad

Well the way they present the numbers is off.

Everytime they say, "we've create this many jobs"

They never say what kind of jobs were lost and what kind of jobs they create.

But your right thats the only number that matters.
edit on 5/29/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Oh I agree with that 100%. I'm just saying it's hard to deny unemployment ratings anymore and yet people still do it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

To me its mind blowing that anybody still believes it.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Unemployment numbers are a political tool anymore.

Basically, it's the government saying, "Deny reality and pay attention to our cooked-up numbers".

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I read your post but don't understand what, or which number you're saying they calculate. Are you saying that's how they get to 5% unemployment?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Yup. From 60,000 households.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

The unemployment rate being at 20%+ is old news. I have heard this figure at least 5-6 years ago. They calculate the unemployment rate differently today than the way it is truly supposed to be calculated.. Sorry but keep bashing Trump. Honestly, I do not trust any of them, but he is right on this issue, and many others.

iTruthSeeker
edit on 29-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: fixed grammar

edit on 29-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-5-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I guess Trump is really a conservative. I never figured that. He is being conservative with that figure, it is probably a couple of percent higher than that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I post how they calculate it and its totally bunk.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: tommo39

Yes, indeed. Trump is a bloviating buffoon who yelps nonsense half the time and who wails ignorant rubbish the other half. You can't take anything he says seriously. Especially because when challenged he takes it back and claims that he never said it.

The unemployed figures is a complicated process.

I was listening to a radio show that was explaining how the unemployment numbers are calculated.

And NO, the president has no say in those calculations.

Trump telling people what they want to hear - - - again!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

I post how they calculate it and its totally bunk.

Because you don't agree with it?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Did you actually read how they do it from the BLS website itself or did you just listen to how they do it on a radio show and assume they knew what they were talking about?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Did you actually read how they do it from the BLS website itself or did you just listen to how they do it on a radio show and assume they knew what they were talking about?

The person on the radio show was one of the people who figures out the calculations.

Not just some random person they pulled off the street.

Let me see. Someone explaining the complicated process, who knows what they're talking about - - - or reading it - - - and assuming person reading it knows what they're reading.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

They randomly select 60,000 households from different demographics in different locations and poll them and base the unemployement number on that.

It's totally bunk and doesn't reflect the reality of the labor force participation rate.

Incase you didn't know, there are more millennials than baby boomers and there are now more millenials in the workforce than the boomers and the numbers are still lower than they've been since the early 70's, when women didn't have the same presence in the workforce.

I'll take my own perspective over what some shill who works for the interest of the government any day of the week.

I can read and decide on my own weather it has merit or not, these people are no better than any of us.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Being employed isn't much better. A lot of the lower end jobs are low wage with part time hours to keep you from getting benefits.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: korath
Being employed isn't much better. A lot of the lower end jobs are low wage with part time hours to keep you from getting benefits.

Not to mention the lack of entry level employment.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
well considering that %50 of americans receive some sort of government assistance I think it`s believable that at least half of those people are probably unemployed,which would equal a %25 unemployment rate.

In 2011 some 49.2 percent of U.S. households received benefits from one or more government programs—about 151 million out of an estimated 306.8 million Americans—according to U.S. Census Bureau data released last October.

www.forbes.com...[edi tby]edit on 29-5-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The Unemployment rate is determined by a variety of sources. Trump seems to be like many people confused and thinks that the rate comes from people filling for or on employment. That is a measure of newly unemployed but, now how the government gets the unemployment rate. They use the Current Population Survey (CPS) and have been since the 1940's. And t break down to unemployed and looking, unemployed and have given up looking (both are go into the rate and then those who are employed and those who are unemployed but not employed but do not want or need to work. The survey includes every body 16 and up. It is a very statistical and scientific measurement. Of course unemployment insurance, people paying into and getting paid by SSI, employers FICA reporting and a variety of methods states use to figure state unemployment levels are compared to CPS data to make sure nothing is out of whack. So, pretty much the rate is the rate. Random guessing by Trump or other people fall aside when they find out how much really goes into it.

And Richard Hoagland proved, mathematically proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, according to him and many others, that an ancient civilization resided in a place he called Cydonia on Mars.

You can prove pretty much anything with math, it doesn't mean it's real. When economies fail, money moves through a series of stages if I remember right; the stock market until confidence is lost followed by commodity markets until confidence is lost. Then real estate bubbles up until it becomes unattainable. What stage are we in again because the one bedroom house with less than a 1/4 acre of land beside mine, in a little average rural town of about 20,000 people, just sold for $400,000?

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: SomeDumbBroad
If we go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics website we can see for ourselves that it has plummeted.

Bureau of Labor Statistics- Unemployment

It's evident that the initial claims put out about fixing the economy were only temporary

That link seems to be broken

Here is fixed link in case anyone wants it

data.bls.gov...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join