It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vietnamese sentenced to 40 yrs for plotting to bomb UK airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   
www.presstv.ir...

A US federal court has sentenced a Vietnamese person to 40 years in prison for conspiring to commit a bombing attack in London in 2011. The ruling was made on Friday after US District Judge Alison Nathan in the federal court in Manhattan accused Vietnamese-born Minh Quang Pham of training with an al-Qaeda-linked militant group in Yemen to carry out terror attacks at London’s Heathrow International Airport in the year 2011. Pham, 33, pleaded guilty earlier this year to terrorism-related charges and admitted to traveling from London to Yemen in 2010 to join the terrorist group.

Prosecutors said Pham was trained on how to conduct the suicide attack by Anwar al-Awlaki, an American-born cleric who became a leader in the group
It appears that this would be terrorist said he had been deluded by the prevalent misleading propaganda over the Internet, any comment is easy after the event. How many young american's have fallen into this on-line religious trap,no doubt many. Anyway, 40 years in prison will be a permanent holiday for him, maybe until the local inmate lads hear about his motives and actions, and then he would be better off 6ft under.....
edit on 29-5-2016 by tommo39 because: link

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Wow, I don't know how I honestly feel about this.. That's #ed up tbh, but probs just my opinion..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Good, I don't wish him well.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

In a 15-page handwritten letter to the court, the defendant said he wanted to reject all acts of terrorism, noting that, he had been deluded by the prevalent misleading propaganda over the Internet.
www.presstv.ir...

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.

Once I was talking to a man I barely knew and I brought up 9/11. He went cold and said, "I like you and you're a welcome visitor here. But if you ever mention that subject again I'll throw you out." I noticed another visitor silently laughing at me. Afterwards the other visitor said, "You don't know, do you? He's done time for a terrorist offence."

The story is within two hours of being arrested it had been explained to him how he'd been fooled by the much older people involved to trick him into taking part. He renounced all connections to terrorism and did his time as comfortably as he could.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:51 AM
link   
That really sucks for him if he is being honest and was just sort of swept up. 40 years is a long sentence. when is his first parole hearing? 20 mark?

Well, lets hope it serves as an example that discourages others from going that route. 33..whole adult life ahead of him still and a big chunk of that will be in prison. Maybe once he is back out he can focus on discouraging radicalization and do something positive with his life after.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

The problem is he is likely to be radicalised again in prison and after 20+ years he is going to be a problem if this happens and every bit as dangerous as he was originally plotting to fight for ISIS.

He also says he was on the internet so he had access to everything and could look at all the sites so should have gotten a very good picture about what al Qaeda was up to and if you go to join them you aren't innocent in any way.

40 years is about right for the murders these disgusting creatures are hoping to inflict on others and we should also remember he would have been happy to kill babies and children also. I hope he serves the lot and the other prisoners get at him also.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
40 years is about right for the murders these disgusting creatures are hoping to inflict on others and we should also remember he would have been happy to kill babies and children also. I hope he serves the lot and the other prisoners get at him also.

What seperates you from them is compassion for innocents.

Now, here is something interesting. I was in a "discussion" with someone who was defending without any issue the atomic bombs and fire bombings of japan. they after all attacked the US, so bomb the hell out of them.
No concern at all that the majority of the firebombing and nukes destroyed civilians.

I am not saying that it should have never happened..war sucks and the japanese military wing / government of the time had the blood on their hands, but that doesn't mean you become rightous in the destruction of humanity.
That is ideology that allows a person to spike the football on the corpses of women and children.

This guys view seen the west as an aggressor he was at war with. I suggest there is no difference in personality between him and the guy screaming Murica, f- yeah when discussing the japanese cities nuked..nothing at all, just one person went to prison, the other is a nation that won the war..both ideologies, both without compassion.

The guy deserves prison, indeed...I think the desired outcome here is what is in question. I hope he learns, and takes his experience to become a better person. You..I think the only thing you want is for him to suffer and become even more radicalized. Consider why you feel that way.

top topics

join