It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect Is part global warming and part music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I totally believe in parallel universes, time travel, and all that jazz.

Most, if not all, of the 'effect' is a mix of people remembering/writing what sounds good to them.

The 80's group the Go-Go's had a song, "our lips are sealed'. When the went to Japan, the audience sang, 'Alex the seal'. This isn't the Medela effect. Middle aged Japanese people aren't hiding from radiation saying, look at these lyrics, they changed, when I was younger it was 'Alex the Seal', and now it's 'outlet lips are sealed'

Someone fakes a hockey stick graft. That graft keeps getting used. No one checks the original data. This happens with Internet memes.

It would be amazing for some proof of a bubble of time and/or space, but yeah....

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I only found out about the mandela effect this week. I asked people at work what does darth say to luke? They all said "Luke, I am your father" they didn't believe me that it wasn't to the point they were loading up youtube videos and trying to blame re mastered editions etc and getting very angry about it.
Darths breathing could account for why people mistake Luke with No.

I distinctly remember singing "catch the pigeon catch the pigeon " to the muttley/dick dastardly cartoon. "stop the pigeon" is the only version I can find online. Videos and written lyrics.

I used to watch it every morning before school and sing it with other kids at school, I even found some polish musicians singing it as CATCH the pigeon and surely they would of practised the lyrics from something that said "catch" rather than a bad memory?

Im hoping there is a european version out there that sais catch but that seems unlikely they would record the intro twice just to change one word.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Play a jazz chord Stevie.

I'm sorry for any racial insults my above comment may cause. It just fits with something the OP says. I'm usually not for this type of joke.

new topics

join