It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speaking of Special CornFlakes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr
No.
They were not exercising civil disobedience. They thought they were starting a revolution. They thought they were going to hold Malhuer and expand.

They didn't understand that there are a lot of people who could see through their self-serving nonsense. That's why the army of "patriots" they expected did not show up.

edit on 5/28/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Intrptr his cause may have merits, I tried to get it, but I don't maybe it's an urban vs rural thing I admitted as much in a thread back then and I do so now, but what I do know is you don't bitch about not having your guns and access to face book and magic undies while in jail, you have access to paper and a pen, you write your message from jail addressing your supporters of the righteousness of your cause and the need to carry on the struggle , you have right wing out lets that you can feed your thoughts to, that's pretty much how lefty SJWs usually do it.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
No.
The were not exercising civil disobedience.

The hell…

What, you write your congressman?

'Hey, please don't burn out those ranchers so BLM, I mean industry can frack on their land.'

Still just pissin in the demonstrators bowl of cheerios…

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   

'Hey, please don't burn out those ranchers so BLM, I mean industry can frack on their land.'

Excuse me, whose land? The Bundy's? They had no land taken. They were pissed that the government wanted them to pay for grazing their cattle on government land. They were freeloaders, not heros.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

He's being held indeterminately so people will have time forget about the issues surrounding their cause. Meantime they mount their case against him specifically, his cause will never come up.

Theres your sign.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   

He's being held indeterminately so people will have time forget about the issues surrounding their cause.

False.

U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown set a Sept. 7 trial date Wednesday for the occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

www.opb.org...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I say BLM, you say Bundy.

Getting the point? The point is always prosecuting protesters, never addressing what they protest about.

Ewww, true shade showing through.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

The point is always prosecuting protesters, never addressing what they protest about.

The point is prosecuting criminals. Bundy was protesting nothing. He was acting in his own self interest, riding on the coattails of Hammonds, who told him "no, thank you."

I'll ask you again, who's land was taken?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

U.S. District Court Judge Anna Brown set a Sept. 7 trial date Wednesday for the occupiers of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Thats not to address the land grabs, thats to prosecute the protesters, destroy the movement. Hell, they are doing a good job, even without you helping them.

One dead, how many languishing in jail? For what?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Thats not to address the land grabs, thats to prosecute the protesters, destroy the movement.
You said "held indeterminately." False. A trial date has been set.

Thats not to address the land grabs,

For the third time;
What land grabs?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, they were called armed protesters in the all the media! Meanwhile, unarmed BLM protesters were called thugs and worse.

Yeah I know but bring that up in a conversation contrasting the two and some will dismiss it as apples & oranges.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'll ask you again, who's land was taken?

The Fed owns 50 percent of American land, the states another 25 percent, industry 10 to 15, private ownership not for sale, another five or so…

…leaving less than five percent of land for sale at any given time. Thats why real estate is so expensive. Thats why I cant afford to buy land, its already all owned, mostly by the Fed. Now they want to take even more to mine, frack and drill baby, drill…

driving ever more people into urban areas to make them slave for corporations, pay rent and utilities and line their pockets from all the consumerism.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The Fed owns 50 percent of American land, the states another 25 percent, industry 10 to 15, private ownership not for sale, another five or so…
Close enough.

For the 4th time; who's land has been taken without due process?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Excuse me, whose land? The Bundy's? They had no land taken. They were pissed that the government wanted them to pay for grazing their cattle on government land. They were freeloaders, not heros.

This was my impression.

I always thought when you were leasing something you were supposed to pay for the privilege. Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe if I'm ever living in an apartment again I should just wave around my AR-15 and bust out my pocket constitution when I'm given an eviction notice.

Their claims were about as ridiculous as me claiming the beach I used to walk down to all the time as a kid for my own.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Yeah, they were called armed protesters in the all the media! Meanwhile, unarmed BLM protesters were called thugs and worse.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It's too bad Cornflakes are made of GMO Crap now, not to mention the 'Special' status it demands...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What does White have to do with anything?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

This was my impression.

I always thought when you were leasing something you were supposed to pay for the privilege. Perhaps I'm wrong. Maybe if I'm ever living in an apartment again I should just wave around my AR-15 and bust out my pocket constitution when I'm given an eviction notice.

Their claims were about as ridiculous as me claiming the beach I used to walk down to all the time as a kid for my own.

That's what I was failing to grasp, did the gov't took or attempted to take back land owned by the government meaning collectively own by the "people"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Guts? No, more like stupidity. What did these "armed protesters" accomplish? They're in jail and ones dead. Even the men that they were in support of are still in jail.

Be glad you did nothing and sat in your chair because your future would have been ruined and that would have been the only thing you accomplished.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Be glad you did nothing

Pen is mightier than the sword. You are the one doing nothing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join