It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Nostalgic Cartoons From Your Youth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jappee

lol no news is good news with gary gnews lol hahaha

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Your a bunch of kids still. You are still steamin.
Clutch cargo and paddelfoot
Johnny Quest
Young hiawatha
edit on 28-5-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Hey man haji is an under-rated character "I don't now Johnny this isn't a good idea." now a days it is a racist cartoon apparently I liked Johnny quest as a kid too.

I didn't know there was a babymetal help line here, thanks, I may need to get my coffee and smokes and come on over.

Hey guys and gals this thread is already awesome, no matter where we are all from I am seeing a very clear picture of something cool, we all were exposed to some of the same awesomeness around the same time periods. I am not sure how these cartoons captivated all of you or entertained or what they did. To me they are a never ending fountain of inspiration and a reimagining of what it is I would like to become in my life. This is awesome, I hope the contributions keep rolling in!!!

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Eek! the Cat Was such a subversive show, it was on during the early to mid-90s on Fox I really wish that show was still in syndication. It was for kids but had so many hidden adult jokes in it that it still holds up over time. I watched it with my nephew not too long ago and he thinks it's the best show ever.

m.youtube.com...
edit on 2472016xMay000000Saturday28America/ChicagoSat, 28 May 2016 23:56:47 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Thank you, thought I was the only one that loved saturday morning Bugs Bunny…
should be required viewing for all elementary minds.

Bugs Bunny and Friends was the finest cartoon ever. Saturday morning used to e worth getting up early for.
Intro…

Thanks to Mel Blanc and Chuck Jones, i was properly indoctrinated to freedom and liberty ever since my Yoot.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

what no tribute to the Elmer Fudd? =D

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Unico! If any of you are in your 30's you might remember it. Youtube has the entire first movie. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Ill turn 31 this halloween =D I don't remember unico though

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Wow ! I forgot all about david the gnome. i didn't even have to watch that video you posted to hear it's theme song. Birds that talk and fish that sing..

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

what no tribute to the Elmer Fudd? =D

I should rightly say, Looney Tunes… but yay Fudd…

"Be Wewy quiet, Huhuhuh… I'm hunting Wabbits."

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Man I wish the pirates of dark water would not have been canceled. It was a great cartoon.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I find humor today based on the undertones when it was created almost 15 years before I was born in 85, the dumb white guy with a shotgun in the woods lol.

today it means something else that i find despicable.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Man I wish the pirates of dark water would not have been canceled. It was a great cartoon.

The video game for the genesis was terrible but the one on the super nintendo was awesome. I love the cartoon and wish it at least had a conclusion, it just disappeared Hanna Barbara used to make some awesome stuff. I know people accredit disney as the main inspiration for anime but I know alot of people that also claim hanna barbara was very inspirational to japanese game developers and anime artists today that are my age.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

Oh MY GOD! The noozles. I haven't remembered the noozles in over 20+ years. wow.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

If you are having nostalgia then this thread is winning =D I am having it too =D

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I find humor today based on the undertones when it was created almost 15 years before I was born in 85, the dumb white guy with a shotgun in the woods lol.

today it means something else that i find despicable.

Poking fun at an American past(its)time, back when we could still laugh at ourselves, instead of being so serious. Good point.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has said anything about aaah real monsters yet. www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: BoxFulder
man this thread just blow my mind for the 3rd time with your eek! the cat. Another cartoon I loved but haven't thought of in like 20 years.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

crazy how something so simple and amusing is now something so complicated and means something else even though the material hasn't changed since it was new. That shizzz blows my mind about some of the WB stuff for the time period and how some people discuss its content today. Crazy

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I left a lot of cartoons out hoping someone on the thread would mention them some were some were not. I am not sure but no one really mentioned any HBO cartoons like the critic, spawn or what about the duckman? I cant believe no one has mentioned duckman or bevis and butthead yet lol

My parents let me watch bevis and butthead but Duckman was off limits lol this cartoon is not only nostalgic for me but is also one of those you are forbidden to see things.
edit on 29-5-2016 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join