It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabby Giffords Brings Fake Speech Impediment on the Road for Hillary Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Vector99

This is stupid... and low.

If she is brain damaged it is low of the Hilldog team to use her as a spokeswoman. If she isn't brain damaged she is fully aware of the consequence of public speaking.

I don't know this lady nor will I give her pity for being shot. She seems quite aware and unaffected giving me every reason and right to criticize her and NOT take sympathy for her history.

Why should I respect her words? Because she survived a gunshot? Hell, in that case I better start taking rap music as actual gospel.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: In4ormant

well she ends every speech with "I have a speech impediment" yet manages to make it through every speech she gives.

I think he was just calling out the pot for calling out the kettle.

That's just my opinion though.

That is an interesting point. I'm not sure why she would repeat that, it would be fairly obvious, especially to those who know her story.

It could be her fluffing up the act or it could be some insecurity she feels she always needs to address.

I am in no way versed in this stuff and have one anecdotal example to go off of, but I'm imagining a hollow point to the brain would significantly affect certain cognitive processes, possibly affecting self-image or creating a compulsive need to sound off obvious statements to appear to own the situation.

I don't know, it could be any number of things. I just can't see how the first conclusion people would jump to is that she's faking it in lieu of any concete-ish evidence of.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Oh come on this should be beneath even you.

I agree with you on this too kali.

There is more than ample material to go after Hillary herself.

To drag Gaby into this fiasco is beyond reprehensible.

Just when you think this election cycle couldn't possibly get any worse.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I don't think it is so much the message as it is the quality of vocalization that is being criticized here. The vocalizations of a woman who was shot in the head by a lunatic. I think she has grounds on which to speak, in fact, she has the high ground.

edit on 5/28/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

If she is brain damaged it is low of the Hilldog team to use her as a spokeswoman. If she isn't brain damaged she is fully aware of the consequence of public speaking.

I don't know this lady nor will I give her pity for being shot. She seems quite aware and unaffected giving me every reason and right to criticize her and NOT take sympathy for her history.

Why should I respect her words? Because she survived a gunshot? Hell, in that case I better start taking rap music as actual gospel.

No one is saying she should be sympathized with though. But people ARE saying she is faking it to gin up sympathy and that claim is the issue.

We don't have to respect her positions for any reason, let alone she survived a gunshot. But we should respect her enough not to accuse her of faking the gunshot without proof.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is interesting, sad, and alarming all at the same time.

Somebody has put up a video about Gabby Giffords using a fake voice to apparently get sympathy.

I never heard of the tactic being used by Giffords, and maybe someone can figure this out.

Apparently this is connected to the Hillary Campaign?

Gabby Giffords is still at it in 2016, doing her ridiculous fake speech impediment and reciting her exact same lines all over the country, to cheering crowds of idiots. She’s almost like a robot.

This has to be the first ever example of a hollow point bullet causing a person to start talking like a 5 year old girl and use the exact same hand gestures all the time.. Oh, and the miraculous healing with no scar thing.

Background on the Giffords Shooting ..

Not sure why anyone would attack this woman. How low we trying to go here? Your about to the floor.

Someone already attacked this woman. We're just dealing with what's left.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: atomish

a reply to: In4ormant

well she ends every speech with "I have a speech impediment" yet manages to make it through every speech she gives.

I think he was just calling out the pot for calling out the kettle.

That's just my opinion though.

That is an interesting point. I'm not sure why she would repeat that, it would be fairly obvious, especially to those who know her story.

It could be her fluffing up the act or it could be some insecurity she feels she always needs to address.

I am in no way versed in this stuff and have one anecdotal example to go off of, but I'm imagining a hollow point to the brain would significantly affect certain cognitive processes, possibly affecting self-image or creating a compulsive need to sound off obvious statements to appear to own the situation.

I don't know, it could be any number of things. I just can't see how the first conclusion people would jump to is that she's faking it in lieu of any concete-ish evidence of.

What would be shocking is someone taking a hollow point round to the head, surviving, and not having a speech problem.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

No one asked you to respect her words, views or take pity on her.

I don't agree with any part of her message.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
What would be shocking is someone taking a hollow point round to the head, surviving, and not having a speech problem.

Yes, I am extremely long winded, I know. Forgive me.

But indeed, this is exactly what I meant.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

You don't have to give her sympathy, no one including me was asking you to. The claim in the OP is that she's faking her speech impediment. I'm saying that the claim is absurd and low. That's all.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: atomish

But we should respect her enough not to accuse her of faking the gunshot without proof.

Is that what this thread is about?

If so I apologize. I didn't read that anywhere.

All I read was she is faking a condition and using it for sympathy points.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

But we should respect her enough not to accuse her of faking the gunshot without proof.

Is that what this thread is about?

If so I apologize. I didn't read that anywhere.

All I read was she is faking a condition and using it for sympathy points.

Yes, that is what this thread is about, exactly what you read. Did you read any proof that she's faking it?

I couldn't find any.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

You don't have to give her sympathy, no one including me was asking you to. The claim in the OP is that she's faking her speech impediment. I'm saying that the claim is absurd and low. That's all.

It's not all that absurd though. I haven't looked into her specific condition, but it is absolutely a possibility she is faking it completely.

Here's a challenge. Find a recorded speech of her having a "speech impediment episode".

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It's not all that absurd though. I haven't looked into her specific condition, but it is absolutely a possibility she is faking it completely.

Here's a challenge. Find a recorded speech of her having a "speech impediment episode".

Her specific condition?

A hollow point to the brain.

I'm no doctor, but I know it leaves a big frigging hole...

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I said faking the gunshot.

We all know she got shot.

She magically has no speech impediment during public speaking events. If she has one and speaks so much there should be some recorded evidence somewhere right?

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

She magically has no speech impediment during public speaking events. If she has one and speaks so much there should be some recorded evidence somewhere right?

THIS IS the evidence I speak of.

I haven't sought it out yet, waiting to be near a PC. BUT if you have examples handy of her being able to turn the impediment off and on, those would be greatly appreciated!

Otherwise, if I find anything like that tonight I will obviously share.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: (no reason given)

ETA: Hope it is clear I am not trying to be argumentative. The proof you claim is there simply hasn't been provided yet in this thread so that may explain the confusion.
edit on 5/28/2016 by atomish because: Addtl

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Tell ya what. Since you are so adamant about this, why don't you take it on as a cause to prove Gabby Gifford a fraud, given you seem to believe it's a noble quest.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Everytime I think we have reached bottom, I have been wrong...

Chalk one up for a new low

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Really? People are seriously doing this, attacking someone who took a bullet to the brain & dealing with the resulting brain damage?

May life treat you extremely unkindly

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good lord. It's obviously a speech that she's done over and over and over again. Of course she does it with the same movements. That is probably how she practiced it.

You're going to actually slander her for taking a bullet and say that she's faking this??? You should be ashamed of yourself seriously.

You're disgusting as a person.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join