It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Valentine has passed away

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Love the video.. she was a beautiful dog and I'm glad she had you and you had her.. the older Iger the more I appreciate the dogs in my life (3 greyhounds now but I've had so many ..mostly mixed breed unwanted .. )they were all wonderful. RIP Valentine.

reply to: MrCrowley88

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ozzyhoss

made me cry...I have lost dogs and cats over the years...they love us unconditionally and it is always hard when their time comes. the following is by author unknown

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrowley88

Thank you for sharing about your companion with everyone, and I'm so sorry that you've lost your Valentine. It's not something that we like to think about (hell, I'm getting choked up thinking about my Booth ever passing), but it's inevitable and awful. A friend once told me that our grief is the price we pay for incomparable companionship and unconditional love. That being said, it looks like you gave your Val a wonderful life full of love and happiness, and that speaks volumes about your character. If it's any comfort at all, you should know that Val was loved and happy as is evidenced by the video that you shared. In addition to all of this, you opted to rescue her from a shelter and give her a loving home where she could flourish. Despite the fact that you don't know me, you have so much of my respect and sympathy, and I hope that you'll be OK in this trying time. I'm not exactly a religious man, but I do believe we'll see them on down the line. Take care of yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
MrCrowley88, my condolences for your loss
Valentine's tribute video is beautiful. I wish you the best.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrowley88

What a mixture of sadness and beauty life is. These creatures are like humans, aren't they? With the heart and soul and emotions. How can they be lost and gone forever? According to some teachings dogs' incarnation is just a step from human incarnation. Closer than cats'. She could easily become your daughter. Or it's BS. I know that your crying heart is telling you it's not absolute BS, is it? Who knows.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join