It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are people trying to prove with Mandela effect ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: PLAYERONE01

Thank you! I often hear that people won't go into certain threads because of the response the mod above made. It is offensive and a lie that we all feel we're special. We are just like anyone else, your average every day people. To say we are narcissistic, egotistical and crying for help or a special snowflake is rude and demeaning. A mod should know better than shame people who are not at all what he thinks they are.

edit on 29-5-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Opinions are like a box of chocolates
Don't take it upon yourself I also think you could point out a person on net like the one described by mystikmashroom

If I viewed the opinions as a mod I would tear my hair out its impossible with this topic to seperate aggression/defensiveness from the posters and it just continues I hope you know what I mean

I am up for more info feel free to throw in here anything you know the link I didn't recognise it because I was reading it backwards

edit on 29-5-2016 by Identities because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Thank you for your imput it's calming

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Identities

I have no info to give because I don't have any theories. I have no clue why things are as they are. Besides, even if I did, I would only be attacked and ridiculed anyway.

I have moderated on various forums and I wouldn't make a sweeping statement like that and be offensive, which is why I made the reply that I did. I would easily admit if I was wrong about something or in doubt. Certain things I have no doubts about. It was for me, always mirror, mirror on the wall and I'm sticking to it. LOL

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you! I often hear that people won't go into certain threads because of the response the mod above made. It is offensive and a lie that we all feel we're special. We are just like anyone else, your average every day people. To say we are narcissistic, egotistical and crying for help or a special snowflake is rude and demeaning. A mod should know better than shame people who are not at all what he thinks they are.

I agree and disagree. Sure mods make comments i disagree with but i dont think they are making those comments as mods and be all end all. they are just making them as regular people they just got stuck with a mod account to post with. woe is them.

Was the response one sided? yes, as in from his perspective.

was it fair to bring up he is a mod? that i am gonna say no on. because as an individual he can have any perspective he wants.

we can try to convince him otherwise but i dont think he SHOULD know better nor do i think anyone SHOULD know better about any situation. After all if i knew better all the time why would i even bother coming here and reading and responding.

get messy. take risks, make mistakes --- miss frizzle (regardless of your role on this website)

aside from that i distinctly remember berenstein bears as i immigrated to canada as a kid and that was one of the first few books i have read along with clifford and franklin

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

It's definitely mirror, mirror on the wall (I never heard anything else)

I wouldn't go as far as parallel universe ultimately we are experiencing what pro Mandela effect people are claiming so that doesn't seperate our realities

The funeral thing is interesting Billy graham (from what I understand) was pro uniting churches and religion the funeral seemed to been only shown on the evangelical channels/news (His net worth is $25mil he made from that) so I am thinking it was either a case they were not getting enough cash from their media so they made something so massive as faking a funeral or there was a point where goverment was ready to ditch Vatican/Israel. He published a new bible I think I think his death would bring people on board (can I say) faster. That's what I have from that

I read the thread and saw the actual photos it's clearly in front of you its all written differently. I really think it's a purposeful media thing (I can think of zillion reasons) one main is to take people's attention away ("from something") at all cost. I would say the purpose is exactly this deliberately turn people against each other

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: birhan

Thank you for sticking up for both sides mediators are good

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I only found out about this mandela effect this week.

I remember the mutley/dick dastardly cartoon theme tune as "CATCH the pigeon" but everything I find sais "STOP"
I used to watch it everyday before school and it would be stuck in my head all day.
I have found videos of musicians singing CATCH not STOP. Why would they also get it wrong when having to memorize the lyrics from somewhere for the performance.

It's like finding out fushia is a greenish colour when you always thought/knew it was pink.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok I have one because of recent thread I read mystikmashroom' comment as special cornflakes reminded me of Special K I just though it was cute

Ok does anyone remember the Special K with a chicken in the logo or a commercial with a chicken changing to make up the K

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyTrick

Man now you are all messing with me
fuchsia is pink if I see it green anywhere I will faint

It started even the spelling is different! nooooooo help!

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Identities

That's Cornflakes.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I'm surprised that you would say this. To have your own personal views is fine, but to state something so severe against so many people on ATS (a great many more than I suspect you realize) is surprising and disappointing.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

I'm surprised that you would say this. To have your own personal views is fine, but to state something so severe against so many people on ATS (a great many more than I suspect you realize) is surprising and disappointing.

Members do it with a lot of other things besides this, so why would it be "surprising and disappointing"?

Oh, is it because you're a "believer" and don't want anyone to say anything bad about the "special theories"?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Lately I've been wondering if ATS is shifting away from conspiracy theories and the paranormal and is becoming a mainstream website. I checked the forums listed on the front page the other day:

Anti-Trump Protests Turning Violent In San Diego Now
Indonesia Approves Death for Pedophiles
Final Coroner's report on the suicide of John Lang released
Snowflake Language Police Want You To Stop Using The "C" Word
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar..
Donald Trump and the Spike in Anti-Muslim Hate Crimes in the U.S.
Stephen King Joins Hundreds of Authors in Open Letter Blasting Trump
Feminised males = conquered nation
Pakistani husbands can ‘lightly beat’ their wives, Islamic council says
Trump tells California 'there is no drought'
1238 Delegates....Trump did it...
Milo Yiannopoulos LIVE @ UCSB 7PM PST

Where did the "above top secret" go?

edit on 29-5-2016 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Really? If you're psychic you should start a thread on that.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LoneCloudHopper2

Really? If you're psychic you should start a thread on that.

I just re read my post. I don't see any sign of the word "psychic". Maybe you misread it?

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Um, yeah.

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
With the continual dehumanizing values that are being forced upon us by our society and media, its not surprising we're seeing an explosion of "special snowflakes" and narcissists.

Despite being more "connected" to one another than ever before, we aren't connecting with one another. People feel more alone, more disenfranchised, devalued and more ignored than ever.

People want so badly to be heard, feel special, and have their lives mean something. It's a cry for attention. It's cry to be noticed and heard. It's a plea for the masses to take notice and find value in them.

This "Mandela Effect" thing is nothing more than a symptom of a much larger and graver problem plaguing our society.

Let's not forget that Americans are horrible at world geography and are some of he least traveled people among the industrialized democracies of the world...So instead of admitting their memories are wrong they turn it into something that makes them special and unique, something they can claim to own for themselves.
edit on 30-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

No, it's called people have faulty memories and refuse to believe that simple fact in order to feel "special".

Stating the cold, hard truth is not "shaming".

Honest, real truth. Somewhere along the line we as a society have stopped telling one another that in order not to hurt people's feelings.

Its dangerous and encourages/exacerbates mental health issues.
edit on 30-5-2016 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Oh, well thanks for clarifying that for everyone. Perhaps you can explain why so many people have the same exact alternate memories and not differing ones?

But yes, you got me. I woke up one day and thought, you know, I wish I were more special. So when I realized some of my memories were not accurate I decided, rather than considering that they could be wrong, I would join this whole new fad about claiming that my memories are true and special and that current reality just can't keep up with my special memories. Having memories that most people do not (many people do, but more many people do not) means that I am from a different dimension (the Special Dimension) where many of us (but not as many as do not) recall now things truly were. This of course means that we are the Chosen Many to save the world. This naturally follows. I am so blessed to be one of the Special Many selected by God to save humanity from its false memories....

Again, thanks for clarifying this for us. You sure nailed it.

Oh, and you really exposed the truth about people who have seen ghosts as well. They'd might as well come out of the closet and just admit it.

And those who claim to have seen UFO's or aliens, or who claim to have uncovered a conspiracy, or who claim to be witnesses to a crime or conspiracy, or anything else which sounds very unlikely to be true. Because you, Dear Completely Not Narcissistic Sir, can sure pin it down when someone is being delusional and narcissistic. No need to bother hearing out the other side of the argument because it's obviously just pleas for attention.

Thanks for making this clear for everyone.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join