It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheist Drops Lawsuit Against Texas Church Building America's Tallest Cross

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Spoken like a true Jehovah Witness

The information is there, and there are plenty of non-JW sources. Like I said, it was convenient. Besides, it wouldn't matter what source I gave you. You'll believe what you want to believe, no matter what the facts are.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

This is what you claimed.

Christ was hung. It was prophesied

It's in Deuteronomy

No it isn't. Prove me wrong.

Technically there is an argument that it was a Deuteronomical prophecy, tedious at best I admit

Happy to concede to your position based on Deuteronomy
There is a tenuous inference based on the curse of hanging on a tree in Deuteronomy
Not even valid in my estimations, though it is in others opinions
I won't argue the point

Jesus dud predict His own crucifixion
edit on 28-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I'm not going to read that wall of text. One claim at a time. Please show me where it is prophesied that "Christ" would be hung, let alone from a "cross".

It's a simple request. Put up, or shut up.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
MAthew 26, 2

It wasn't Deuteronomy as I supposed

I could be rude and arrogant and say, I put up now you shut up, that would be churlish,I won't, hope my point is clear

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Kudos for your honest integrity, there, Ragman!

There is a tenuous inference based on the curse of hanging on a tree in Deuteronomy

Don't you think that there's quite a bit of difference from being lynched from a tree to being ceremoniously crucified on a cross, the way it is portrayed in the New Testament? Lynching is way less painful, for one thing. And, Judas hung from a tree, albeit supposedly a suicide, making it even more of a shameful curse.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The information is there, and there are plenty of non-JW sources. Like I said, it was convenient. Besides, it wouldn't matter what source I gave you. You'll believe what you want to believe, no matter what the facts are.

As I said, I don't care if it was a pole, tree or cross, I am undecided, doesn't matter to me the details.
Just wanted to show others the petty nature of the argument, tree pole cross, it's irrelevant, I guess it's not to you.
I know JW.Org make a big overblown issue about the cross and the post, just wanted to explain how petty the argument you have is, how petty the opposing argument for the cross is
It sounds to me like those JWs arguing the pole death are as religious and manic as those who argue the cross.

As i said, it doesn't matter to me, go preach your petty issues to someone who might get caught up in them

What matters is Jesus was God and He died for my sins
edit on 28-5-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Kudos for your honest integrity, there, Ragman!

Don't you think that there's quite a bit of difference from being lynched from a tree to being ceremoniously crucified on a cross, the way it is portrayed in the New Testament? Lynching is way less painful, for one thing. And, Judas hung from a tree, albeit supposedly a suicide, making it even more of a shameful curse.

I hang a painting with a nail, I can hang a hammock with a nail, big nail but a nail never the less
I was not inferring Christ was hung with a rope, poor choice of my words maybe

Christ was hung from a cross, not with a rope, it would be a semantics argument, not modern literal

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Yeah I took you for one of those who don't like to read. But you asked Raggey to give you some proof.

There it is but you don't want to read it. And it is not all text it is also commentary. so you lose not wanting to learn just wanting to argue.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

they are all there numbered one to twenty something.

No need to stretch out the thread to 30 pages when it is all there in two. I put it all up so until you read it you need to shut up
edit on 28-5-2016 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
like I said in theone you didn't read. You want it all laid out for you like instant noodles soup.

I am sorry but you need to work for wisdom it cannot be just given.

You want cross but you wont take the other prophecies that happened on the cross.

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Where they going to find a Jesus big enough to crucify on it?

Christo the Redeemer in Rio? Think they are planning on kidnapping big J after the Olympics?
edit on 28-5-2016 by CoBaZ because: fixed reply vs quote issue

posted on May, 28 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Klassified

As I said, I don't care if it was a pole, tree or cross, I am undecided, doesn't matter to me the details.
Just wanted to show others the petty nature of the argument, tree pole cross, it's irrelevant, I guess it's not to you.
I know JW.Org make a big overblown issue about the cross and the post, just wanted to explain how petty the argument you have is, how petty the opposing argument for the cross is
It sounds to me like those JWs arguing the pole death are as religious and manic as those who argue the cross.

As i said, it doesn't matter to me, go preach your petty issues to someone who might get caught up in them

What matters is Jesus was God and He died for my sins

I don't care that you don't care. The post wasn't to or about you to begin with. It was to the OP, and about the topic. Christ was not crucified on a cross, and the bible says so, whether you care or don't.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I'm very familiar with your bafoonary. This thread isn't about FAILED prophecies! It's about the erection of a 230(?) foot cross, a phallic Christian idol, that doesn't even represent Christianity's message. But how would you know what Christianity's message is, you're piously preoccupied and too busy confusing and condemning people.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: Lysergic
Where they going to find a Jesus big enough to crucify on it?

In Rio de Janeiro

The Christ statue is only 125' high, i.e. HALF the height of this cross.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Today is the sabbath..... at least for me.

Should I give up on you? Well I will not, there is hope.....

I truly love atheist and other non believers....... I really do.

Kinda like a nagging mother, though, right?

Why were you working so hard on 'your sabbath', preaching to a bunch of uninterested, annoyed forum members?
Like someone said above - how quickly you go from 'persecuted' to 'gloating' .... and now on to 'our last best hope and savior'!!

No thanks.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ReprobateRaccoon

Well, you wouldn't want him to be able to put his feet on the ground, you know. He'd have to dangle there - that's why it hurts.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

hey Raggedy said something about the prophecies of the cross. You said you wanted proof. I supplied some.

But heck why are you even so worried about them being true or not seeing you believe the Bible is all "allegory"

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You didn't ask me, but here's why I worry and bother to gainsay you all:

You are poisoning people's minds by telling them otherwise. You are spreading a virulent infection that is known to be contagious. Some of us would like you to stop doing that. Others of us think it is imperative that you stop doing that.
Leave people's minds alone. Stop indoctrinating them.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

No Luke is the one that says he is a witness.

Sorry I thought I was dealing with winword again.

Anyway the poison comes from those who don't believe the Bible and or believe it is all allegory.

I believe you are indoctrinating peoples mind with poison and you need to stop it . Stop indoctrinating them into your vile ways or reprobate mind of a life with God.

posted on May, 29 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
Anyway the poison comes from those who don't believe the Bible and or believe it is all allegory.

In that case I am happy to be the most venomous mofo around.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join