It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO book recommendations

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

This is what I am reading now. Its pretty good. Lots of talk and theories about the cattle mutilations. The book is called " The 37th parallel, the secret truth behind Americas' ufo highway"
edit on 12pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I recommend anything by Nick Redfern, Richard Dolan, Brad Steiger, John Keel, Gray Barker, Michael Swords, Richard Haines, Richard Hall, Coral Lorenzen, Raymond Fowler, Budd Hopkins, Preston Dennett, Noe Torres, William Birnes, Kevin Randle, Stanton Friedman, Jerome Clark, Joseph Allen Hynek, Donald Keyhoe, Ardy Sixkiller Clarke and Jacques Vallee.

^ In no particular order.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

very familiar with Nick Redfern, will have to look at my library and see what if any books they have of his.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Ack, so many books to read! Still reading Myths Conspiracies and Realities by John Alexander. One chapter a night (I get too tired to read more at once). Plus I have to make a new bookmark on my Nook for the next chapter so I can just pick it up the next night.

The ones I'd be most interested are the ones that thing that the phenomena is not necessarily space aliens

posted on Oct, 2 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Still in the middle of John Alexander's book, but took a break to re read Tom Delonge's Sekret Machines. I'm doing so because I've listened to his interview with Jimmy Church, and have done more reading on him, so it lends a better prespective on the book I think.

BTW, I am horrified to realize in the title topic of this thread, I spelled Recommendations "Remmedations"

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Alexander's book is very well, done, especially considering when it was written. I didn't think UFO's were as prevalent or considered as seriously as the picture he paints implies.

One thing I notice about the book, which to a decent degree still exists today, is that they are considered to be alien...interplanetary craft, despite little to no evidence of that being a fact. Only fact is that unknown objects are seen in our skies. Personally I'm in the Vallee/Skinwalker Ranch camp that there many possibilities regarding their origin aside from being extraterrestrial

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I really enjoyed this book. It goes in line with an episode of The Science Channels Unexplained Files" from a segment they did, about 2 years ago on these sightings and cattle mutilations that pretty much run in line from east to west in the U.S. at the 37th parallel line. One Rancher talked about orange orbs that took off at high speed not far seen from a cattle mutilation. And now a movie is to be made of the subject as well. I will look forward to it. link
edit on 03pm30pm5091 by data5091 because: add info

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
So I've downloaded tons of samples to read to see if any are worth purchasing. Any input appreciated

Nick Redfern: Final Events

Seems to focus too heavily on demons/angels. I suspect it's just semantics as much as calling the entities aliens, but it seems to veer heavily in the religious direction

John Keel: Mothman Prophecies

Starts out well enough, hopefully Mothman is used as an example, and not the focus of the book.

Philip Imbrogno: Interdimensional Universe.

Started out well enough. But when I googled to find out who the author is, seems everyone is calling him a fraud. Among other things, most of his background was apparently made up. So I dunno..

Kevin Randle: The Government UFO Files

Interesting, but hopefully more than just a rehash of old reports

John Alexander: UFO's, Myths, Conspiracies and Realities

This one seemed pretty good based on the short preview

I have other samples as well, too many to mention. After reading Vallee's Invisible College, I downloaded samples of a few of his other books. Sadly, it seemed that most have the exact same content

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
BTW too late to edit some of my posts further up in the thread when I referred to reading Alexander's book. The book I MEANT was Ruppelt's book that was linked as a free ebook. Only Alexander one I have is the sample mentioned above

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Fixed your title

Nick Redfern: Final Events Seems to focus too heavily on demons/angels. I suspect it's just semantics as much as calling the entities aliens, but it seems to veer heavily in the religious direction.

It's a good book and Nick's got his journalist head on. He isn't writing about his ideas, he's relating the views of his leads and they interpreted the 'saucer mysteries' through a religious lens.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
and yet more accolades for The 37th Parallel
And Mezrich admits he was a ufo skeptic.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've heard of his journey before. One thing that stands out in the article you linked says he found some odd metal near the supposed crash site, and sent it to Robert Bigelow (NIDS, Bigelow Aerospace etc) and is waiting for the results of it being analyzed.

He found it in 2002, just how long does it take!

A fan of Skinwalker Ranch and all the supposed activity there as well

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just an update, finished Keel's Mothman Prophecies. Good read!

posted on Aug, 1 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Recommended on the blog of one of the ATS members I've read Lightquest by Andrew Collins.

Don't be fooled by the title and cover since imo it does give an interesting view on the subject (more in the Vallee camp).
edit on 1-8-2017 by zeroPointOneQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Katarina Castillo's book "Managing Magic - The Governments UFO disclosure plan" is the best book on the subject I've read. I feel it is closest to the truth what we can get at this point.

Also - no matter what people say about him - Steven Greer's book "Disclosure Project" has good info in it. What is written in that book back I keep running into from other sources.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Now on Bill Birne's UFO Hunters volume 2. I was a fan of the show so it is of interest to me, although I don't know that it's for everyone. I'm enjoying it

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

with the exception of dolan,budd hopkins and stanton friedman, you are right on the point
also dont believe everthing kevin randle says though hes not as bad as the above

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
George H Leonard "Somebody else is on the moon" is a good one.
Gives a wide history of astronomers going back a long time ago who reported anomalies observed, and NASA pictures that show actual things that shouldn't be there.
Unfortunately, so much effort has been put into making fun of, and ridiculing anything even remotely pointing towards any of it being true, that no one wants to get involved supporting the truth about it, but instead spending time debunking it all.

This particular book was enemy number one to certain folks in government when it was first published.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Passport to Magonia sticks out

The main issue i got with UFO books is that 90% of them use 90% of the same material . Its hard to find a fresh UFO book

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join